Author Topic: According to AP, Pierce to have left foot x-rayed  (Read 1399 times)

According to AP, Pierce to have left foot x-rayed
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:57:21 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
He says he thinks it is mild sprain of the foot -- not sure what a foot sprain is. Sounds, however, like he might miss at least a few games.

Re: According to AP, Pierce to have left foot x-rayed
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 01:25:54 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
He says he thinks it is mild sprain of the foot -- not sure what a foot sprain is. Sounds, however, like he might miss at least a few games.

Well if Paul Pierce is out again then I guess that means we're back to square 1, per say. As much as I hate to admit it, Kevin Durant is making Ray Allen look bad; in his third season in the league with the 'Basketball Franchise Formerly Known as the Seattle SuperSonics' he is avaraging close to 30 ppg, right now currently the second leading scorer in the NBA. Now we all know that scoring isn't everything, but if you notice what Kevin Durant has done with a franchise that hit rock-bottom after Ray left and was forced to relocate, and also look at the fact that Oklahoma City has a better record than the bottom four seeded teams in the Eastern Conference then you'd quickly realize that it is high-time for Ray Allen and the C's to step it up, in case Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett get injured again.

Now I have never been in support of Ray Allen being traded; there were some games last season where he shot around 75% from the field, scored 30+ points, etc during KG's absence so we know that he is still capable of having a good shooting night if necessary.

I also remember a home game late last season where Kevin Durant injured Glen Davis, and later Glen came back and started draining mid-range jumpers (slightly reminiscent of our last playoff win against the Orlando Magic - jumper followed by the infamous kid-push) so I can't really sympathize with Kevin Durant, too much  :P:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_X6D7uxkkQ
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 01:38:15 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Count me as terrified of this x-ray. I couldn't even believe he was up walking after seeing the slo-mo replay.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 02:07:18 AM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Is this the same foot he injured back in '07? With our luck with injuries now I won't be surprised if there's a fracture.  :'(

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 02:35:53 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Pierce himself said it would be x-rayed in the morning, and that it hurts but he doesn't think it's a big deal. He said he knows his body well by now and feels that it's not the type of injury to worry about, or that will keep him from playing.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *