Author Topic: Officially sick of Doc refusing to play the young guys  (Read 13068 times)

Officially sick of Doc refusing to play the young guys
« on: February 01, 2010, 04:01:41 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
I have been holding this in for some time because I felt that maybe Doc was doing the right thing by not playing the young guys since they might not be that good.  But after these last few games and our consistent inconsistency of energy and effort I have had enough.  TA comes into the game yesterday like 4 gallons of Monster energy drink and next thing you know were running up and down the court passing the ball, playing great defense, scoring points.  It was probably even the best we've played all season.  Given Rondo was a huge part of that second quarter, TA's energy and effort was the perfect complement to Rondo's play. TA was up and down the court with Rondo when things sped up it was phenomenal.  Then 2nd half comes around and Doc REFUSES to play the young guys.  If we're gonna lose games the way we are then its time the kids get a chance.  The vets are simply not bringing it for 48 minutes a game and if thats going to be the case then forget the vets and let the kids prove themselves.  We wont win the championship this year behind the wiley ol' veterans we'll win it because of our young guns carrying those vets over the hump. 

Exhale...thats my rant
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

Re: Officially sick of Doc refusing to play the young guys
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 04:03:12 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
TA isn't a young guy.  And the real young guys can't play.  So no, I do not agree with this thread.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
he brings a hell of a lot more energy to the table then Ray, Pierce, KG, or Wallace does.  Other than Pierce, I cant remember the last time I saw one of them impose their will on a game.  Pierce's play in Atlanta is the one exception, if not for him we would have gotten blown away.  Yesterday, Rondo and TA imposed their will on that Lakers team and for the first time in over a month I saw a breath of life in this Celtics team.  If it aint broke dont fix it and quite frankly what were doing is as broke as it comes. Must try something new and that something new is young legs.  TA is 28 and has a hell of a lot less minutes than any of our three "superstars".
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 04:13:03 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
tony was fun to watch..he is why we got back in the game..

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
I have been holding this in for some time because I felt that maybe Doc was doing the right thing by not playing the young guys since they might not be that good.  But after these last few games and our consistent inconsistency of energy and effort I have had enough.  TA comes into the game yesterday like 4 gallons of Monster energy drink and next thing you know were running up and down the court passing the ball, playing great defense, scoring points.  It was probably even the best we've played all season.  Given Rondo was a huge part of that second quarter, TA's energy and effort was the perfect complement to Rondo's play. TA was up and down the court with Rondo when things sped up it was phenomenal.  Then 2nd half comes around and Doc REFUSES to play the young guys.  If we're gonna lose games the way we are then its time the kids get a chance.  The vets are simply not bringing it for 48 minutes a game and if thats going to be the case then forget the vets and let the kids prove themselves.  We wont win the championship this year behind the wiley ol' veterans we'll win it because of our young guns carrying those vets over the hump. 

Exhale...thats my rant
So you're think is that if Doc was playing Shelden Williams instead of Kevin Garnett and Bill Walker instead of Paul Pierce, we would have won yesterday
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
he brings a hell of a lot more energy to the table then Ray, Pierce, KG, or Wallace does.  Other than Pierce, I cant remember the last time I saw one of them impose their will on a game.  Pierce's play in Atlanta is the one exception, if not for him we would have gotten blown away.  Yesterday, Rondo and TA imposed their will on that Lakers team and for the first time in over a month I saw a breath of life in this Celtics team.  If it aint broke dont fix it and quite frankly what were doing is as broke as it comes. Must try something new and that something new is young legs.  TA is 28 and has a hell of a lot less minutes than any of our three "superstars".

right, because TA can't be trusted with extended minutes.

Just yesterday, he made some great plays, but he also made three "what in god's green earth was that, TA?" plays.

I like tony in the role he currently occupies, defensive stopper on a short leash.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 04:21:35 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens

Exhale...thats my rant
So you're think is that if Doc was playing Shelden Williams instead of Kevin Garnett and Bill Walker instead of Paul Pierce, we would have won yesterday

you couldnt be more wrong...your starters are your starters but sometimes, as was the case yesterday, the starters play like they belong in an over 40 league, and simply cant bring it for 48 minutes..wats the quick fix for that? play them for as long as they can bring it for.  At the end of the game yesterday our pace slowed down to a standstill it felt.  Woulda been nice if we would have ran a little more, ramming the ball down their throats, instead of the classic "walk it up the court and play not to lose" gameplan that we resort to EVERY SINGLE 4th QUARTER COLLAPSE

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
I still don't get it

Our young guys suck

How could playing them make things better yesterday
Pick 2 Knicks

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 04:24:24 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens

right, because TA can't be trusted with extended minutes.

Just yesterday, he made some great plays, but he also made three "what in god's green earth was that, TA?" plays.

I like tony in the role he currently occupies, defensive stopper on a short leash.

i agree with you..I like TA in his role, but why is his role a first half role?  Why is he allowed to run wild in the first half and save us from an embarassing blowout, then in the 2nd half his behind is glued to the bench

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 04:25:24 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
I still don't get it

Our young guys suck

couldnt have possibly made things any worse could it??

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 04:33:45 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I still don't get it

Our young guys suck

Of course it could. It can always be worse.

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
This team is not, all of a sudden, go to a 11 man rotation just for the sake of playing the young guys.

They're in "win-now" mode and none of these young guys (I'm not considering TA a young guy) have illustrated to me that they can night-in, night out contribute to a championship caliber basketball team.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
I still don't get it

Our young guys suck

If instead of winning the third quarter  because KG and Pierce werte playing we could have gotten outscored by 15 and not been in the game at the end of the game to win it

It could have made it much worse

Remember the game the other day where Doc through in Bill Walker and the bench and the Celtics lost 12 points in about 4 minutes

Well that was against the Clippers
Pick 2 Knicks

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 04:44:22 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
This team is not, all of a sudden, go to a 11 man rotation just for the sake of playing the young guys.

They're in "win-now" mode and none of these young guys (I'm not considering TA a young guy) have illustrated to me that they can night-in, night out contribute to a championship caliber basketball team.

theyre "win now" mode has turned into a "win 3 quarters of the game and then lose in the 4th quarter" mode and you know what happens when you win 3/4 of a game and blow that lead in the 4th?? you lose and thats all we do lately.  I am not giving up on this team but either everyone needs to step their game way up cuz they simply arent cutting it or try something new. 
I still don't get it

Our young guys suck

If instead of winning the third quarter  because KG and Pierce werte playing we could have gotten outscored by 15 and not been in the game at the end of the game to win it

It could have made it much worse

Remember the game the other day where Doc through in Bill Walker and the bench and the Celtics lost 12 points in about 4 minutes

Well that was against the Clippers
what do you expect from a guy whose averaging 3.0 minutes per game. maybe if he got some legit playing time and didnt go into every game thinking hm theres a 1 in a million chance i play today hed be more prepared and interested.  The guy tore up the D-League which means he has potential

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 04:47:57 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
You can't say they all suck. Bill Walker has played well in garbage time.  ;D JR is another story. He isn't NBA material. Doc is just stubborn coach. He plays whoever he is comfortable with. But it doesn't hurt to experiment a little. I really hope Bill Walker can at least gets a chance. All it takes is one game.