Author Topic: Tony Allen will miss the beginning of the regular season...  (Read 11647 times)

Tony Allen will miss the beginning of the regular season...
« on: October 17, 2009, 10:56:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
“I’m looking forward to try to get back around second or third game into the season,” said Allen.. “But I’ve got to first get practices under my belt. Seeing how my ankle’s going to react in practice. But I’ve been working hard.”

Link

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Tony Allen will miss the beginning of the regular season...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 10:57:25 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Not suprised. Good thing we aren't depending on him like last season.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 10:59:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Take all the time you need TA. in fact, take the first month off.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 11:05:34 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I'm pretty sure he's been injured more than he's been healthy.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Dam Tony. This was supposed to be his breakout year 8). Such a tease. I guess I'll have to wait for 2010-2011.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 11:08:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
I guess I'll have to wait for 2010-2011.

When he's playing in Europe.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 11:14:36 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
 ;D

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 11:31:40 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I like to think I read and keep up with what is happening with the Celtics on a mostly daily basis. For the life of me, maybe because I harbor negatives against him, I cannot seem to clearly see what has been happening with Tony Allen's health this off season. Does he have a bad knee or bad ankle? Both? Did he have surgery or just therapy? Why isnt there a clearer prognosis? Is there something else going on (mental) that is more nefarious?

Next thing we know he will be dressed and going into a game in November. Weird?
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 11:39:10 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Next thing we know he will be dressed and going into a game in November.

he is a soldier

i expect no less~

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 11:45:56 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Who will we complain about?

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 11:58:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Who will we complain about?

My guess is Marquis Daniels.  I think the bar has been set way too high for him, and he will be bashed when he fails to meet the expectations.
Yup

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 12:08:19 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I honestly don't get all the Tony hate ... the guy is an amazing athlete who has be a victim of some injuries that would normally end the career of most average players. Yes, there have been times when he made some mistakes, but no more than any other human. Is he a detriment to this team? It's hard to tell right now, because he hasn't been able to get any consistent minutes.

Is he good for this team? I can't assess that, either ... I don't know if I want him here or not, because he honestly hasn't had many opportunities to prove himself this season. Right now, from what I've seen, I would probably include him in any trade discussions, but I still want to see good things for this kid, no matter where he ends up. The guy is a fighter, an amazing athlete, a really nice guy who donates much of his time and energies to the community.

He's a loyal Celtic, and one who hasn't had much of a fair shake due to his injuries. Maybe he's not destined for this team, but he's a Celtic, and as long as he's here, shouldn't we be supporting him? I've seen some really harsh talk about this kid over the last few days, and I for one, think he deserves a little better from this town ... and if nothing else, good wishes for his future.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 12:12:49 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I honestly don't get all the Tony hate ... the guy is an amazing athlete who has be a victim of some injuries that would normally end the career of most average players. Yes, there have been times when he made some mistakes, but no more than any other human. Is he a detriment to this team? It's hard to tell right now, because he hasn't been able to get any consistent minutes.

Is he good for this team? I can't assess that, either ... I don't know if I want him here or not, because he honestly hasn't had many opportunities to prove himself this season. Right now, from what I've seen, I would probably include him in any trade discussions, but I still want to see good things for this kid, no matter where he ends up. The guy is a fighter, an amazing athlete, a really nice guy who donates much of his time and energies to the community.

He's a loyal Celtic, and one who hasn't had much of a fair shake due to his injuries. Maybe he's not destined for this team, but he's a Celtic, and as long as he's here, shouldn't we be supporting him? I've seen some really harsh talk about this kid over the last few days, and I for one, think he deserves a little better from this town ... and if nothing else, good wishes for his future.

I'll always root for Tony, but I can definitely see where the frustration lies.  The guy makes a lot of boneheaded plays.  And while his frequent injuries have made it difficult to fully assess what he can bring, one of his major injuries was inflicted upon himself in a decidedly boneheaded manner.
Yup

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 12:15:00 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
The guy is a fighter, an amazing athlete, a really nice guy who donates much of his time and energies to the community.

I'm not sure that anybody who has been involved in a brawl in college, had another major fight in Chicago, and who received death threats during last year's playoffs can be described as a "nice guy".

Tony is criticized by Celtics fans because he's the least cerebral player on the team, and one of the very worst in the entire NBA.  He continually makes stupid decisions, which in turn hurt the team.  He's a shooting guard who is well below average in terms of both shooting and dribbling.  Despite being talented defensively, he's often found biting on pump fakes, and can rarely be counted on in end-of-game situations.

I'll be glad when Tony is gone.  I know all the talk about "supporting him because he's a Celtic", but I'll gladly root for whoever else is filling his uniform next year (or hopefully, later this season.)

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 12:30:27 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm not trying to paint him as a Saint here, just merely pointing out that he has made a stringent effort to improve his life. If he had done nothing but get into trouble since he's been here, I would be supporting his ousting as strongly as anyone. But I have seen many instances where he has tried to contribute his time in a positive way, donate time and money to the community, and get his life on the right track.

He is not a thug, and has shown remorse for his mistakes and made an effort to improve his life ... I for one, believe that should always be applauded and rewarded with the benefit of the doubt ... and I pray, that if the same happened to me, I would be given similar considerations. As I implied, I would not be heartbroken to see him as part of a trade deal, simply for the fact that I doubt he'll be able to contribute much in the future ... but I wish him well nonetheless.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *