Author Topic: Its time for Danny to be agressive at the trade deadline  (Read 6936 times)

Its time for Danny to be agressive at the trade deadline
« on: January 31, 2021, 09:59:45 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 370
Anything can change, but it looks like right now the east is stronger and celtics are in the hodge podge of teams competing.

Our biggest asset is the trade exception. Danny NEEDS to bring in an impact player with this. Even if he has to part with his "assets." someone like Aaron gordon or lamarcus aldridge(I would prefer gordon whos age fits with tatum/brown) who can put us with top tier teams. its clear Tatum/Brown are not enough and Kemba is still working his way back. We have so many young drafted players its time for Danny to cash in on some of the picks.

I also think danny needs to not balk at signing these Veterans looking for teams. Last year the difference between Miami and Celtics ended up being andre igoudala. You have the young studs (tatum/brown) and roleplayers like (smart/Prichard) its time to bring in some veteran talent who know their roles who can contribute.

If danny stands pat and does nothing with the trade exception we will be stuck where we were last year. being good, but just not good enough to get over the hump.

Re: Its time for Danny to be agressive at the trade deadline
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 10:11:57 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I doubt you could get Aaron Gordon with the TPE and draft picks.  Would take someone like Marcus Smart. Would you be willing to trade Smart plus filler for Gordon?

It would be somewhat face saving for Magic, as they were just a couple of picks apart in the same draft class as I recall.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 10:23:57 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Iguodala was not the difference for Miami vs. Celtics in the playoffs.

Yes it's obvious we need someone in the Bigs dept. Not sure we can get anyone though unless it's Smart going out. I doubt anything happens unless it's a buy out. Even then someone will have to get traded.

We'll just have to hope TT and Teague make some significant improvements.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 10:27:29 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Thompson and Teague have to get better..try to get couple of vets to help on the bench then we should be good..question is, who can we get??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 10:29:47 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
One of Romeo, Nesmith, or Grant plus two firsts to the Spurs for Dejounte Murray.

I don’t know if the Spurs do it; they probably see Murray as a part of the team’s future, so maybe not. Why they might: that’s a lot for one player, and while he’s good he’s not an all-star. It wouldn’t be the worst thing for them to (1) cut even more salary heading into 2021 (they’ll have a ton) and (2) tank into a shot for a franchise player in next year’s draft.

We give up a lot, but Murray would fill out this team really well. Murray-Jaylen-Tatum-Theis-Williams is more than enough offense, potentially great defense. (Remember Murray poking the ball from kemba to seal the Spurs’ win?) another option, if Smart is healthy, is to sub Smart in for Theis or Williams in the starting lineup.

Bench would include PP, Semi, Nesmith, Thompson, the remaining young players, and if a good one is available, a BAE player or a buyout guy absorbed into remaining TPE.

I hate to say it, but if I would move Kemba if I could. Not sure we can tho. In which case maybe we dangle PP with the picks for Murray.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 10:46:00 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
One of Romeo, Nesmith, or Grant plus two firsts to the Spurs for Dejounte Murray.

I don’t know if the Spurs do it; they probably see Murray as a part of the team’s future, so maybe not. Why they might: that’s a lot for one player, and while he’s good he’s not an all-star. It wouldn’t be the worst thing for them to (1) cut even more salary heading into 2021 (they’ll have a ton) and (2) tank into a shot for a franchise player in next year’s draft.

We give up a lot, but Murray would fill out this team really well. Murray-Jaylen-Tatum-Theis-Williams is more than enough offense, potentially great defense. (Remember Murray poking the ball from kemba to seal the Spurs’ win?) another option, if Smart is healthy, is to sub Smart in for Theis or Williams in the starting lineup.

Bench would include PP, Semi, Nesmith, Thompson, the remaining young players, and if a good one is available, a BAE player or a buyout guy absorbed into remaining TPE.

I hate to say it, but if I would move Kemba if I could. Not sure we can tho. In which case maybe we dangle PP with the picks for Murray.
Spurs are not trading Murray. They are probably not trading anyone as they are ok as they are and they avoid trading. They might be looking for a center but that’s it.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 10:48:45 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
This isn't complicated. PJ Tucker is exactly what this team needs. Burn a 1st, and even a second if necessary, but get him.

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 10:51:56 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
This isn't complicated. PJ Tucker is exactly what this team needs. Burn a 1st, and even a second if necessary, but get him.
Rockets need him too.

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 10:55:18 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
Can’t win a champ when half a team has 1-3 years experience.
Time for DA to do what he did when we got the big 3! Find experienced vets who want to win and can contribute now. We are done building! Keep 2-3 youngsters with the most potential.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 10:58:18 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
I don’t trust Danny to come out with something good when he doesn’t negotiate from the position of strength.
His team building decision making has been atrocious the last couple years. Replace Kemba , Teague and Tristan with Hayward , Horford and scary Terry and we are golden.

What’s the point of “not overpaying” good players only to overpay much worse players.
Oh right saving Wyc some $$. I really feel good knowing we are so financially prudent with the cap.

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 11:02:37 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
When is the last time DA made a deal at the deadline?  Probably just make an excuse about it is too hard to make a deal.

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 11:15:50 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Rockets need him too.
Not sure what you mean. Rockets need to tank so they can get a top 4 pick or else it goes to OKC. If anything they would want to deal him. He's as good as gone.

Edit: Tucker is a decent player and would help but not a difference maker.

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 11:24:37 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Spurs are not trading Murray. They are probably not trading anyone as they are ok as they are and they avoid trading. They might be looking for a center but that’s it.

I agree; they generally don't make trades unless forced to (hello Kawhi).

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 11:33:31 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
Rockets need him too.
Not sure what you mean. Rockets need to tank so they can get a top 4 pick or else it goes to OKC. If anything they would want to deal him. He's as good as gone.

Olapido, Wall, Gordon, wood.... why do you think they are tanking?

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 11:36:40 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
Rockets need him too.

Olapido, Wall, Gordon, wood.... why do you think they are tanking?
I also don’t think rockets are tanking . Chances of landing in top 4 are not very promising anyway. And they have to swap their pick of it is outside top 4