Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 232707 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #765 on: April 24, 2019, 01:15:41 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
everyone but one guy at ESPN had the Thunder winning that series.
good for Portland!

« Reply #766 on: April 24, 2019, 01:39:20 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I was wrong on that series. Lillard just showed Westbrook who the better player is.

« Reply #767 on: April 24, 2019, 02:09:16 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I've been on the "i'd take Kyrie over Westbrook" train since Kyrie was playing on the Cavs.  Likewise, my go-to example for the past few years on explaining how overrated that stat-padding ballhog chucker Russell Westbrook is - is to say at best he's on Damian Lillard's level and I genuinely believe if you swapped those two players, the Blazers probably get worse and the Thunder probably get better.

Count me as someone not even mildly surprised to see Lillard owning Westbrook right now. 

Also, Westbrook isn't even the best player on his own team and he still has yet to crack 50 wins.  Despite having a star in Paul George, they only managed to win 49 games.  Kyrie did that this year by himself.
I feel hella vindicated.  So many nba fans on reddit downvoted me the many times I said I'd take Lillard over Westbrook over the past few years.

« Reply #768 on: April 24, 2019, 02:12:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I've been on the "i'd take Kyrie over Westbrook" train since Kyrie was playing on the Cavs.  Likewise, my go-to example for the past few years on explaining how overrated that stat-padding ballhog chucker Russell Westbrook is - is to say at best he's on Damian Lillard's level and I genuinely believe if you swapped those two players, the Blazers probably get worse and the Thunder probably get better.

Count me as someone not even mildly surprised to see Lillard owning Westbrook right now. 

Also, Westbrook isn't even the best player on his own team and he still has yet to crack 50 wins.  Despite having a star in Paul George, they only managed to win 49 games.  Kyrie did that this year by himself.
I feel hella vindicated.  So many nba fans on reddit downvoted me the many times I said I'd take Lillard over Westbrook over the past few years.
Let's hope Westbrook gets some of the criticism he deserves
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #769 on: April 24, 2019, 02:19:26 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Karma police came to the Rose garden.
What a comeback and a shot!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #770 on: April 24, 2019, 02:29:32 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16

I checked out the thunder forums yesterday, the criticism is already in full swing!

« Reply #771 on: April 24, 2019, 02:30:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I checked out the thunder forums yesterday, the criticism is already in full swing!
Beautiful ;D I hate the way he brings down PG and Adams!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #772 on: April 24, 2019, 03:20:35 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

I'm sure he will say "next question" to every question again  :police:

I'm glad the Thunder got their comeuppance. Such an easy team to dislike, boaEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l, arrogant and entitled. Bit like the Sixers  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #773 on: April 24, 2019, 04:19:43 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
It is a historic travesty that Westbrook got that MVP award. Even though Kawhi and Harden were more deserving, are and were better players and made their teams better and truly relevant in terms of playoff (real) basketball. It set up a really bad example that such a selfish, unskilled and most importantly, a player displaying such unsportsmanlike conduct was "our" (never mine) MVP.

Did we fight the war for that?

For the selfish?
For the unskilled?
For sore losers that don't respect anyone?
For complainers to the refs who rather whine than run back on D?
For the uncoachable and the narcissistic?
For the undisciplined?
For the guys who repel real MVPs out of town(KD)?
A guy that has a period every time he is confronted with the media? BTW, the media that gave him his MVP?

That's our Most Valuable Player?
Those are the values we promote and try to instill in our future MVPS?

One huge basketball travesty.
A dark cloud of historic shame is raining over those voters and people who support these values.
It doesn't look like it will stop soon.

« Reply #774 on: April 24, 2019, 04:30:02 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Honest question: Who do you guys think is more clutch? Dame or Kyrie?

« Reply #775 on: April 24, 2019, 05:08:07 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

I would pick Kyrie, he did win a championship with a clutch shot. But they're both clutch. That 37 footer from Dame was ridiculous but I kind of agree with PG13, it was a bad shot but he made it so nobody is complaining. If he had missed that people would've been screaming. But it takes balls to attempt it.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #776 on: April 24, 2019, 05:52:10 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Damian Lillard shot *10-of-18* from 30 feet and beyond during the series against Oklahoma City, including 4-of-6 in the series-ending Game 5.

https://twitter.com/herring_nba/status/1120926930000334849?s=21

« Reply #777 on: April 24, 2019, 06:46:05 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Difficult to answer but the winning 3p he made yesterday was not a good shot and i'd be furious whether it got in or not

« Reply #778 on: April 24, 2019, 07:13:10 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Difficult to answer but the winning 3p he made yesterday was not a good shot and i'd be furious whether it got in or not
You might be right, but driving past PG13 late game is not an easy task.
So, he was determined to shoot it from way out. (He is 10-18 in the series from 30 feet out)

That shot is one, if not the most confident shot I ever saw.

Both players are clutch. Let's call it a tie.

« Reply #779 on: April 24, 2019, 08:58:04 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
It is a historic travesty that Westbrook got that MVP award. Even though Kawhi and Harden were more deserving, are and were better players and made their teams better and truly relevant in terms of playoff (real) basketball. It set up a really bad example that such a selfish, unskilled and most importantly, a player displaying such unsportsmanlike conduct was "our" (never mine) MVP.

Did we fight the war for that?

For the selfish?
For the unskilled?
For sore losers that don't respect anyone?
For complainers to the refs who rather whine than run back on D?
For the uncoachable and the narcissistic?
For the undisciplined?
For the guys who repel real MVPs out of town(KD)?
A guy that has a period every time he is confronted with the media? BTW, the media that gave him his MVP?

That's our Most Valuable Player?
Those are the values we promote and try to instill in our future MVPS?

One huge basketball travesty.
A dark cloud of historic shame is raining over those voters and people who support these values.
It doesn't look like it will stop soon.

TP
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008