Author Topic: Mook's full comments ripping the Celtics attitude  (Read 10598 times)

Re: Mook's full comments ripping the Celtics attitude
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2019, 04:32:26 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
From now on I'll try to not overreact and enjoy the rest of the season regardless of the outcome. If we get to the finals, great. If we fail badly in the playoffs, at least we will finally have some clarity next year.
If Kyrie resigns and AD comes, great, if he walks, let's keep the young guys, give them confidence and continue to build a team the way we have só far. I'm fine with either option, I just think we are on a limbo this season. Too many guys that can play, number of guys in contract years, Young guys coming up hungry, Just too much going on. I think some real clarity is needed.
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2019, 04:35:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
From now on I'll try to not overreact and enjoy the rest of the season regardless of the outcome. If we get to the finals, great. If we fail badly in the playoffs, at least we will finally have some clarity next year.
If Kyrie resigns and AD comes, great, if he walks, let's keep the young guys, give them confidence and continue to build a team the way we have só far. I'm fine with either option, I just think we are on a limbo this season. Too many guys that can play, number of guys in contract years, Young guys coming up hungry, Just too much going on. I think some real clarity is needed.

dont let anyone bully you into not reacting with the passion of a fan.

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2019, 04:52:35 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Last night Gallinari was a plus 25.

Who was covering Gallinari?

Morris.

This is one of the worst attempts I've ever seen at twisting +/- to mean something it doesn't.  Just a terrible take. 

+/- is a stat that has value over a significant sample size.  Single-game +/- is noisy at best, useless at worst.  Using an opponent's single-game +/- as proof of poor play by the player who guarded him is just awful.  It doesn't work like that.

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2019, 04:55:38 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Last night Gallinari was a plus 25.

Who was covering Gallinari?

Morris.

This is one of the worst attempts I've ever seen at twisting +/- to mean something it doesn't.  Just a terrible take. 

+/- is a stat that has value over a significant sample size.  Single-game +/- is noisy at best, useless at worst.  Using an opponent's single-game +/- as proof of poor play by the player who guarded him is just awful.  It doesn't work like that.

Morris' man dominated the game, but it wasn't Morris' fault.

lol

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2019, 04:57:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
bring back the 5-leaf clover line-up for better or worse.

I want to live and die by Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Horford.   If that line-up can't get it done, we'll need to make trades, but I don't like 2 of our theoretical 5 best players getting 20 minutes off the bench.   We aren't going far in the East like that.

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2019, 04:59:15 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

I want to live and die by Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Horford.   If that line-up can't get it done, we'll need to make trades, but I don't like 2 of our theoretical 5 best players getting 20 minutes off the bench.   We aren't going far in the East like that.

I think you are right, until Baynes comes back.

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2019, 05:00:26 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62

dont let anyone bully you into not reacting with the passion of a fan.
I'll keep reacting the same way I did, I was just thinking about last season and this season and realized that I had a lot more fun watching this team last year. Too much drama this season. I think next season things will be better league wide without this much off court drama going on
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2019, 05:33:31 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

I'd go for Irving, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford. Hayward isn't ready yet.

We will likely lose Rozier and Morris so start building chemistry with guys that are locked in here.

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2019, 06:00:23 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Morris amd rozier should have been traded.

Back earlier in season for morris when value was high, rozier at deadline.

They have been issues since day 1 and I do not see why they werent moved. Unless danny is planning on overpaying for them, their expiring serviceable contract should have been moved for salary balast amd picks to add to a davis trade.

We’re trying to win a title this year. Mook is in our starting lineup and Rozier is a key rotational player. Trading them for draft picks is really “counter intuitive.”

I didnt state trade them for just draft picks, I stated draft picks and a contract that could be used in a trade for davis this summer.

Teams odds to win a chip this season, if everyone was healthy was at like 5%.
Relying on Marcus Morris and Terry Rozier to make that happen is laughable.

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2019, 06:03:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Would anyone protest if we used our empty roster spot to bring Kevin Garnett out of retirement just so he can be a lockerroom guy who alphas this team into submission for a championship run?  "LET'S GO M'FERS!!!! LETS GO!!!!!!" 

I mean, our 2008 Title team had 38 year old PJ Brown on it.  You can't tell me 42 year old KG can't give you as much as 38 year old PJ Brown. 

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2019, 06:03:36 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

They have been issues since day 1 and I do not see why they werent moved. Unless danny is planning on overpaying for them, their expiring serviceable contract should have been moved for salary balast amd picks to add to a davis trade.

We’re trying to win a title this year. Mook is in our starting lineup and Rozier is a key rotational player. Trading them for draft picks is really “counter intuitive.”

I didnt state trade them for just draft picks, I stated draft picks and a contract that could be used in a trade for davis this summer.

I remember back in the day, some of us wanted Terry Rozier to be the face of the franchise while Irving was out for the year.

How times have changed  :(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2019, 06:11:33 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Would anyone protest if we used our empty roster spot to bring Kevin Garnett out of retirement just so he can be a lockerroom guy who alphas this team into submission for a championship run?  "LET'S GO M'FERS!!!! LETS GO!!!!!!" 

I mean, our 2008 Title team had 38 year old PJ Brown on it.  You can't tell me 42 year old KG can't give you as much as 38 year old PJ Brown.
He couldn't help Wolves

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2019, 06:14:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I remember back in the day, some of us wanted Terry Rozier to be the face of the franchise while Irving was out for the year.

How times have changed  :(

Other than a couple of notable Kyrie haters, nobody has felt that Rozier is better than Kyrie. There were people who saw value in trading Kyrie for Kawhi or a guy like KAT, but almost nobody thought that just letting him walk or trading him for role players was the smart move.

I was big on a trade of some combination of Rozier, Morris, Bird, or Yabu at the deadline, though. I so desperately wanted to get below the tax line, but I think DA really didn't want to give the impression to his upcoming star FA that we weren't trying to win this year. If it keeps Kyrie around, then it was a very smart move.

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2019, 07:00:01 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Nothing says I am not a  leader more then calling out mates attitudes in public. These things should be addressed privately unless the idea is to put some players even further under a microscope. How about taking players under your wing and leading by example vs pushing them further into oncoming traffic after getting run over? I suggest looking into the mirror in front of you before opening mouth in public again.

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2019, 07:35:05 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

KG would not want to be involved in the mess the Celts are in.

Earlier in the season some Celts fans thought that having too much depth is a good problem to have.

But sooner or later one or some Celtic players will complain because of the lack of touches and minutes.

That's human nature.

This is the mess the Celts are in.
Having too many good players and not enough great ones.

That's why we see Rozier and Brown sometimes pressing.
They're trying to prove they deserve more minutes and shots.