Author Topic: Celtics Memorabilia  (Read 5293 times)

Celtics Memorabilia
« on: July 10, 2011, 07:01:40 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
A quick questions/suggestion.....

CB has the tix and meet up section where users can post that they have a particular game available that they are looking to sell tix, as long as the the specifics of the deal between both parties is not done in the forums and instead done in PM's. 

Can the same be done for celtics memorabilia?  i have a ton of stuff i am willing to let go and thought other members would be interested.

If it isn't allowed, my question is what is the difference between tix and memorabilia, if the forums arent used as ads and the deals are done via PMs.

Re: Celtics Memorabilia
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 08:17:07 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
What are you looking to let go of?

I'd potentially be interested...
"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 08:25:12 PM »

Offline paulball2007

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'd be interested as well.  I have some stuff but always looking for more. 

Let me know.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
me as well

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 11:16:19 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Feel free to PM me a list of what you have. 

I would think such a post, if allowed, would fit better in "community" than "tickets and meetups" which is very specific to up coming game tickets.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 02:19:22 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
since i didnt receive a response from a mod, but got one from a member of the staff showing interest, i will assume it is ok.

for anyone interested, PM me. i will be working on putting a list together.  off the top of my head, i have autograph memorabilia, framed pics, sneakers, game worn head and wristbands, etc.  i can provide more specifics if PM'd.

i would prefer to keep it to people in mass/ri area.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 03:40:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No, selling items or advertising sales of memorabilia is not permitted on CelticsBlog.  It's a can of worms we don't want to open.  While I have no doubt that dark_lord would be scrupulous, others might not be.  There's such a fine line between members serving a legit community purpose, and people coming on here just to spam auctions / sales.  We don't even want to go there.

In terms of how this is distinguishable from tickets, tickets have a face value; memorabilia doesn't.  The intent with the tickets forum is for people to help out other fans by selling tickets for face value; we don't allow any advertising of tickets for above face.  In other words, the intent here is to facilitate a service for the community, not for members to make profits.

We'll review the policy, but for now, the answer is no.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 07:10:20 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
no problem. i figured i would ask.