Author Topic: the front page of celticsblog is the only reason a feeling of panic happens.  (Read 10394 times)

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
i understand everybodys opinions. i love celticsblog, i guess its just me who finds the main articles pointless sometimes. wasn't trying to start trouble but i actually don't feel very worried about this upcoming season and the roster, thats all.

Neither am I worried and I think a lot of posters here aren't worried, but we do need to make moves and sure up the bench and I don't think the front page gives off that all Celtics fans are in a panic.  Also just because I may not agree with something on the frontpage doesn't mean I have the right to, or even would go off and blast the blog.

And I think I speak of our fellow CelticsBloggers when I say this.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:22:14 PM by Mike-Dub »
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
thanks for the feedback - I'll take it good or bad (though I'd appreciate cleaning up the language a bit)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Offline IBLEEDGREEN30

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
thanks for the feedback - I'll take it good or bad (though I'd appreciate cleaning up the language a bit)

sorry i seemed like i was venting earlier. My original post was meant to mean something much calmer, like maybe we overreact sometimes with the news. but it is summer, and any news is exciting, i guess.

i mean, i do feel stupid, cuz i do read the articles haha. no reason to bash i guess.
"Antoine.. For The Game.. GOT IT.. OFF THE GLASS!!! WITH 1.2 ON THE CLOCK!!! THE CELTS ARE UP BY 1!!!!!... AN-TOINE WALKER BANKS IT HOME!!!!

- Mike Gorman After Antoine Walker banks in the go ahead 3 point shot off the class in Los Angeles. February 2002.

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
the front page is too [dang] over dramatic whenever anything happens. its crazy. long stories, quotes, it actually makes celtics fans look over the top emotional and ****y.

for instance, we ****ing know pierce isn't happy with the moves. why would you write long stories 2 days in a row about that for the front page? dramatic or what? jesus.

let it go. we will be fine.

Well some of us check this site 10-12 times throughout the day. If they didnt give us something new to read every once in a while we might only stop here once a day.
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
the front page is too [dang] over dramatic whenever anything happens. its crazy. long stories, quotes, it actually makes celtics fans look over the top emotional and ****y.

for instance, we ****ing know pierce isn't happy with the moves. why would you write long stories 2 days in a row about that for the front page? dramatic or what? jesus.

I feel the same way sometimes, but this blog is about entertainment as much as it is information and a forum for opinion. I admit I personally don't read 99% of the blog posts, unless it's breaking news that I haven't heard. I've been popping in for years (mainly as a lurker) just to hear what other people have to say--if you take away those blogs, like them or not, there just wouldn't be much to talk about and this whole site would be rather pointless. Anyone who comes here in the offseason knows it's a bunch of redundant babble until something happens, or as the season draws near. So take a deep breath bud, we WILL be alright, and so will you.

Kiorrik

Well some of us check this site 10-12 times throughout the day. If they didnt give us something new to read every once in a while we might only stop here once a day.
I'd still drop by 20 times a day lol

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
And what else would people write about? Rondo's choice of socks and shoes? KG's shaving cream? Like, seriously dude?

Offline BBS

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 11
 It's "CELTICS TALK" 24/7!! What could be better? Negative or Positive it's GREAT. Even if your only reading it. Keep the stories comeing. I read almost all of them on the homepage and the forums. First thing in the morning last thing at night and all times in between. Can't get enough.

The afternoon Radio Stations in Boston are a nightmare. Want negitivity tune in to WEEI AND 98.5. 

WEEI has Dale and Holly and they are probably the best thanks strickly to Mike Holly and then there is... The Big 0 and his team of meatheads talking about a sport that the last time any of them followed Short Shorts and Feathered hair where the style. No insite into todays NBA at all. Unless Cedric Maxwell shows up and then at least your in for a great story that day. 

Then there is 98.5. Started out great then GRESH.It has gone down hill fast since. "THE GRESH MONSTER" sounds like a self given nickname to me. Andy also was an offensive lineman for the University of Rhode Island incase you had not heard him mention it 3 billion times since the day he started working in Boston. ::) The rest of day the station is basically Felger who you could watch on CSNNE, when he shows up that is. Felger hates the C's so don't look for much positives out of him in that regards. Although he does say the C's are Winners. Take that for what it's worth.

CSNNE is the only TV Celtics talk I get and 4 shows a day isn't enough for me. NESN PLEASE good luck catching the 90 seconds of Celtics talk on that channel.

This is the Best Place to come for Celtics Talk. Hands down.

Jeff since your always looking for feedback. ;) How about adding a nighly live web show about the daily topics surrounding the Celtics. It would be kinda like a merger with CelticsStufflive only on a nightly basis. Just a thought.