Author Topic: Hedo Wants Out  (Read 7678 times)

Re: Hedo Wants Out
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 12:55:28 PM »

Offline ibby

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
I think he actually is a very good ROLE PLAYER for a contending team. He is not/will not/was never a superstar or even an all-star.

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 12:55:46 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
He's 31 and his contract is a killer?! what team would want to take that on?  You made that bed Hedo, now go continue with your nightmares in it.

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 01:09:22 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
What a tool. Maybe you shouldn't have weasled out of that verbal agreement you had to go to Portland, huh Hedo?

I agree, what a tool.  This is why I think a lot of people DESPISE professional athletes.

Hedo really had his choice to go to any team in the league.  Just off the top of my head, I believe Toronto and Portland offered him the most money, and he could have got a good chunk of change from Orlando too (but not as much as Tor or Port), but on top of that he could have signed with any other team in the league for like the mid level or on a bargain deal.

Do you think you are going to be happy in Toronto?  How do I fit in with their cultural, their game plan, the teammates, and the front office?  How do I like the city and the fans and the local media?  When you're making a big move this are the kind of questions you need to ask yourself!

So you can make millions of dollars and essentially choose to play in any of 30 cities, and you're unhappy just because you took the most money and didn't consider anything else!?!?

If Hedo is unhappy he has nobody to blame but himself.  Did somebody force him to sign in Toronto?  What a tool.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 02:04:47 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I thought Hedo was vastly overrated in ORL, and I've been proven right.

He's also be a nice fit next to Kobe in the triangle, he'd allow them to put a Ron Harper type at PG and move Fisher to the bench. Pretty sure LAL doesn't trade Bynum for Hedo though.

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I'ld take Hedo in Boston the trade would have to be something like

Boston sends Rasheed Wallace and a signed and traded Marquis Daniels

Toronto sends Hedo Turkoglu and $35 million

Not sure the league would approve that, LOL.

Right...

I actually don't mind him as a complementary player/6th man because he could possibly back up the 2, 3, and 4 spots in a running game w/Rondo and Nate at PG, but too many years left on the deal for way too much money.  

An unprotected draft pick would make me think it over, though.  I'd probably try to move Daniels and Scal in S&T's, possibly Scal in a non-guaranteed deal to give them the $$ relief.  

NOTE:  Don't rule out the non-guaranteed S&T deal for a guy like Scal this summer.  That sort of trickery is just the thing that could bring talent in without having to give up much if a team looks to cut payroll, but that usually doesn't start to happen until midseason.

EDIT:  Watch...Toronto will trade him plus scraps to Minny for Al Jefferson.  His skills would make Minny much better, and TOR could use a big to replace Bosh when the inevitable happens.  Perfect "deal that helps both teams."

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Hedo Turkoglu has only one high level talent and that is playmaking ability off of the pick and roll. If utilized properly, he is a very effective player that creates high percentage scoring opportunities for his teammates.

If not utilized properly, Hedo Turkoglu is a role player. A 12/4/4 role player. And Jay Triano didn't come anywhere close to putting Turkoglu in situations where he could be successful.

Unfortunately, there are only a few coaches/systems/offenses that will give Hedo that opportunity which makes it difficult for him to regain his form from the last couple of years with the Magic.

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
How much better off would Toronto have been if they went after Lamar Odom instead of Hedo?

It amazed me that the best non LA offer Odom got was the MLE from Miami and Turkoglu cashed in that monster deal.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 05:47:28 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I thought Hedo was vastly overrated in ORL, and I've been proven right.

He's also be a nice fit next to Kobe in the triangle, he'd allow them to put a Ron Harper type at PG and move Fisher to the bench. Pretty sure LAL doesn't trade Bynum for Hedo though.

Hedo+Bosh for Bynum+Artest?

Not so far fetched.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 05:54:11 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
What a bizarre lose-lose situation the Hedo signing wound up being for Toronto and Orlando. 

The only team that really came out ahead in the deal is Portland, and they're one of the few teams crazy and rich enough to trade for him now.

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Its funny that of all the BIG free agents everyone knows that Bosh is most likely to be gone (even more so than Joe Johnson who was lighting bridges on fire left and right on his quick trip out of the playoffs).  I was going to start a new thread but decided to just tack this on...

How much longer can Toronto really keep a team?  I love that city, but no one wants to play there because of Canadian taxes and the cold.

It's actually a pretty excellent basketball town (that's not true for the whole country but there are pockets of passionate fans from Toronto to Vancouver) so the issues are about perception (being in a different country seems to frighten some of these players, moreso for example than with baseball or hockey players) and partly it's weather (certainly it's bad, but no worse than, say, Boston) and partly it's the tax thing. That said, it's a terrific city and a huge market and I doubt Stern would ever abandon it with his internationalist dreams. No reason to do so now anyway.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 04:05:33 AM by FallGuy »

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2010, 02:09:02 AM »

Offline RondoKid

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
New Flash Hedo, your part of the reason that teams stinks! Enjoy your salary and being whipped by your wife.

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2010, 03:24:54 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
He knows Bosh is leaving and wants to get back to a playoff team. 

Again, this is something he should have anticipated a year ago.  He could have been battling with Portland alongside stars like Roy and Oden, and instead goes to Toronto for a few more (pre-tax) dollars.  Cry me a river Hedo, cry me a river.

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 08:00:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Maybe Hedo is the sign and trade price for Bosh.

Bosh and Hedo to Lakers (which seems to be where Bosh wants to go)

for

Bynum, Vujacic, and then Walton/Artest/Odom (whomever Toronto wants)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2010, 04:18:34 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
It amazed me that the best non LA offer Odom got was the MLE from Miami and Turkoglu cashed in that monster deal.

I could have swore that Portland offered Odom a deal of about 4/35mill.  I may be wrong tho.

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2010, 10:39:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I've said all along I think Toronto will make Hedo the price for sign and trading Bosh.  You want Bosh you take Hedo off our hands.

Lakers could still do it, Knicks could do it, Bulls could do it, but you are starting to stretch past them.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip