Author Topic: John Wall to Revolutionize the PG Position???  (Read 3887 times)

Re: John Wall to Revolutionize the PG Position???
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 05:54:12 PM »

Offline Celtic#9

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
Not extremely impressed with Wall. I mean he is really good yes but i dont think he will be the best passer or scorer at the PG position

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 12:59:04 PM »

Offline ibby

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
Just to give me an idea, since I'm not familiar with Wall at all, what is the potential for this guy (in terms of averages) when he's at the peak of his prime?

Is he a 20 pt, 8 ast someday kinda player? Better/worse?

Is he a threat to be a great defender?

Probably like a 16 ppg 8 apg player.  He is pass first despite what people think.  I am not totally sold on him.  He will be good, but I don't know if he is the best player in this draft.  I actually think that Eric Bledsoe (his backup) is going to be pretty [dang] good too.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:48:47 PM by ibby »

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 01:27:26 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Remembering the most recent best college point guards of the decade... Jay Williams, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Jameer Nelson (arguably, his team was what 32-0? and although Delonte was the better NBA prospect, Jameer was the better player on that team), and Derrick Rose (Rondo wasn't as good as any of them in college), I'd put Wall's season on the same level or higher than all of those players.  I say he's an 18, 10 player, but those #s and all that anybody else posts are completely arbitrary anyways and all depends on who he plays with. 

He best compares to a Rose/Paul mixture.  He has insane quickness.  I don't know if he's as fast as Rose, but quicker.  Better court vision than Rose.  Shooting ability between that of Rose and Paul.  Smaller, but equally athletic to Rose.  Lesser of a rebounder than both, but not terrible.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 01:30:34 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'll wait till he wins something.

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 01:48:18 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Average defender.  Average jump shot.  Turns the ball over a LOT.  He is super athletic, he's a better a passer then people give him credit for, but he's basically going to be Derrick Rose.  Also, I'm pretty disappointed no one mentioned Russell Westbrook.  I think in terms of PG's you have Williams and Paul up top then you have Nash, and then you have Rondo and Westbrook.  He's 21 and just averaged 16, 8 and 5.  Pretty good year for him.  I know its only one series, but he torched the Lakers as well for 20-6-6.  I think he definitely passed Rose this year.
do it

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 02:01:06 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
Most of you guys are crazy.  John Wall is not an AI style type of player.  He is basically a mix between Steve Francis ups, Rondo speed, and Jason Kidd passing ability.  The guy is an absolute stud.  Hes also legit 6-4 with long arms.

He is a legitimate pass first point guard.  His court vision is fantastic.  He is clutch.  He plays hard all the time.  I dont get why people are hating on this guy.  He had a pretty good year this year and all of the physical tools are there.

He will be a top 5 pg by his 3rd year at the very latest and possibly higher as time goes on.

Compared to Russell Westbrook, theres no comparison.  Westbrook has mediocre vision, limited handle for a pg, and a way more brutal jumpshot.  

John Wall will be fantastic...whats with the hate?

*edit* agree that he wont revolutionize the pg position, although my reasoning is that hes so big for the position and such a freak athlete, that its going to be hard to find more players with that skill set and athleticism.  Just like Lebron isnt going to revolutionize the SF position...you just arent going to find guys like that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:07:12 PM by shiggins »