Author Topic: Chris Paul considered Boston  (Read 1479 times)

Chris Paul considered Boston
« on: October 19, 2017, 08:14:06 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Here’s a video of Chris Paul breifly speaking about his top 4 choices this past summer (Clippers, Rockets, Spurs, Celtics).

https://twitter.com/thebsolz/status/921099359529459712

Wow!  I am shocked that he considered coming here considering at the time, we had Isaiah Thomas, and were most likely going to draft Fultz.

I think the Celtics are officially a free agent destination (if they weren’t considered that already). We got a meeting with KD, CP3 was interested in joining the C’s, we signed Al Horford, and we signed Gordon Hayward.

What are your thoughts about CP3 considering the C’s? What is the biggest factor that makes Boston a destination? Is it coaching, front office, tradition/history, fan base, current roster, future possibilities, or other?

What I found most interesting was Mr. Paul’s reason for leaving the Clippers: culture (or lack thereof).  He felt like the culture was subpar and that the teammates never really acted like a team (surprising for a Doc Rivers team).

Again, wow!

Re: Chris Paul considered Boston
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 08:29:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I can believe it.

IT4 playing a HUGE role in getting Big Al here (and heavily courting KD and KLove) was just the start.

It all started with IT4....that HEART and charisma as well as that game of his.

Thanks, IT4.

As long as Kyrie doesn't lose faith with the latest developments with GH then we'll continue to have the big fish take a look at us. Kyrie is a bonafide stud and he'll continue to adjust and get better.

Even WITH GH's injury this team's window is STILL around 5-7 years, easily. Biggest question mark would be Big Al but I'd think that he will stay as well.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:35:53 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I can believe it.

IT4 playing a HUGE role in getting Big Al here (and heavily courting KD and KLove) was just the start.

Thanks, IT4.

As long as Kyrie doesn't lose faith with the latest developments with GH then we'll continue to have the big fish take a look at us. Kyrie is a bonafide stud and he'll continue to adjust and get better.

Even WITH GH's injury this team's window is STILL around 5-7 years, easily. Biggest question mark would be Big Al but I'd think that he will stay as well.

I think Rondo also courted Klove. If Love weren't traded to the Cavs, he would have been a Celtic already.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:39:34 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I think that CP3's comments about the Clipper's culture can be understood...not really Doc's fault here.

The poor souls had to play in the SAME CITY as The Lakers.

No matter how many 50 point blowouts they pinned on The Lakers over the years you just can't compare legacies.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 08:53:50 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
How much different is this off season if Irving demands the trade with time for Cleveland to trade him for Paul OR it became apparent earlier that Thomas was going to be out for a long time?  In either case, Paul instead of joining Harden on the Rockets might have been in Cleveland or Boston.  Or Paul George isn't in OKC and is instead on the Cavs (for Irving). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 08:59:31 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I can believe it.

Thanks, IT4.

Window could be bigger than just 5-7 years if Tatum and Brown are the real deal. If they are then players will continue to want to come here.