Author Topic: I need Danny's explanation of "I know something you don't know"...  (Read 2400 times)

Re: I need Danny's explanation of "I know something you don't know"...
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 06:14:21 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Is this it?

Sure Kemba Walker is an amazing pick-up; an All Star (not Superstar currently but could become one) who will lead this team maturely. This will have a great impact both on and off the floor.

But I leave this free agency frenzy feeling letdown. I don't feel we are better positioned to compete. We have no front court. Literally none. RWIII is a promising young big who can defend in the paint (in limited minutes). Daniel Theis can shoot the 3 when he is on the court and not injured.

Something else major must happen in order for me to feel great about our ability to compete moving forward. Feeling a bit like Danny and management don't completely get it. Because it feels like Kemba was the "something" he was referencing.

IT'S JUST NOT ENOUGH...

This is usual when you don't understand cap space well. The moves available for the Celtics were severely limited as it was, that we managed to get Kemba in itself is great, we barely have other resources to acquire anyone else.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 06:28:10 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Right now, it looks like they've subtracted Irving, Horford and Rozier, and added Walker and Kanter. Did I miss something?

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 06:52:16 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Is this it?

IT'S JUST NOT ENOUGH...

Maybe he knows that simply subbing out Kyrie for Kemba was all they needed to do.

Maybe he knows that Brown and Tatum are really that good.

Maybe he knows that Al is on the decline.

Maybe he knows that Langford is a stud, or Williams is a stud...or Edwards is a diamond in the rough.

Maybe he knows nothing and that was him lying.

Or maybe he is planning something big, like he did in 2007, almost 2 months after free agency died.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 06:59:30 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Right now, it looks like they've subtracted Irving, Horford and Rozier, and added Walker and Kanter. Did I miss something?

Don’t forget Baynes and probably Morris.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 07:16:54 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Don’t forget Baynes and probably Morris.

Morris was a very good player for the Cs over the last two years, but I kind of put him and Rozier in the 'too many mouths to feed' category. I imagine Hayward, Tatum, and Brown should be able to make up for his offense; and if not, we never had a chance anyway.

So I look at it like: Kyrie and Al out, Kemba and Kanter in. If Hayward, Tatum, and Brown continue to make improvements, I don't see any reason why we can't be a very good team...top 2-3 in the East if we see major improvements (not impossible).

I do think we need to replace Baynes, but that doesn't seem impossible.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 07:20:58 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I think subtracting kyrie AND especially rozier will do wonders for the locker room and the on court chemistry.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 07:36:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Ainge needs to make a big trade like the 2017 Kyrie trade he out-of-nowhere made.

Except, it's gotta be a big. One big isn't enough, we need more!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)