Author Topic: I need Danny's explanation of "I know something you don't know"...  (Read 2401 times)

Offline CBS_Take a Report

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Is this it?

Sure Kemba Walker is an amazing pick-up; an All Star (not Superstar currently but could become one) who will lead this team maturely. This will have a great impact both on and off the floor.

But I leave this free agency frenzy feeling letdown. I don't feel we are better positioned to compete. We have no front court. Literally none. RWIII is a promising young big who can defend in the paint (in limited minutes). Daniel Theis can shoot the 3 when he is on the court and not injured.

Something else major must happen in order for me to feel great about our ability to compete moving forward. Feeling a bit like Danny and management don't completely get it. Because it feels like Kemba was the "something" he was referencing.

IT'S JUST NOT ENOUGH...

Re: I need Danny's explanation of "I know something you don't know"...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 11:37:10 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Is this it?

Sure Kemba Walker is an amazing pick-up; an All Star (not Superstar currently but could become one) who will lead this team maturely. This will have a great impact both on and off the floor.

But I leave this free agency frenzy feeling letdown. I don't feel we are better positioned to compete. We have no front court. Literally none. RWIII is a promising young big who can defend in the paint (in limited minutes). Daniel Theis can shoot the 3 when he is on the court and not injured.

Something else major must happen in order for me to feel great about our ability to compete moving forward. Feeling a bit like Danny and management don't completely get it. Because it feels like Kemba was the "something" he was referencing.

IT'S JUST NOT ENOUGH...
Free agency started 18 hours ago....

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 11:38:50 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I feel we have a million threads already like this one, all saying the same basic thing. I don’t think we need more of them, just add your complaints to one of the other ones.

We need a post player, everyone gets it.  Let’s wait and see what else happens, nothing can even be legal until July 6th. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 11:39:05 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I guess signing an all-nba guard with all your available cap space isn't enough?

FWIW they're working on trying to get a big man but they have a small exception in all odds so they need to wait till the big money is all spent before players will take it.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 11:41:50 AM »

Offline cargomaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • It is time for 18
I have been reading all the threads for the last 48 hours and it is exhausting. Yep...Kyrie, Al and Terry are gone. Hello Kemba and we are searching for a big man....All true but geez....the complaining, whining and screaming that management has lost it...well, that is plain short sighted. We are fans...not shareholders. We cheer and want the best...and sometimes, we get caught short and that is what happened. This team will be fun to watch this year and who knows...we might even make a little noise but the whining on the board needs to stop. Enjoy the team for what it is. Remember, the players are businessman and they will play or go where they feel is best for them (Good Luck in Brooklyn Kyrie....NY / NJ never condemn or chastise players...). Okay.....I am done ranting. To to move forward...and please...stop the whining.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 11:44:49 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
knew Al and Kyrie was leaving
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 11:47:00 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
I guess signing an all-nba guard with all your available cap space isn't enough?

FWIW they're working on trying to get a big man but they have a small exception in all odds so they need to wait till the big money is all spent before players will take it.

Front court concerns aside, it's been a helluva pivot by Ainge.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 11:53:49 AM »

Offline chiken

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
My guess is even if we signed this "championship" big man, Some people would still whine "but, but, but we lost Kyrie, we have no chance..."

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 11:56:13 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Some people tried to tell "you" that the comment was taken out of context. He was saying he couldn't tell us what he knows because it was against the rules. You can't place your expectations on him because he didn't promise anything.

Welcome Kemba! Great job for DA making something out of losing guys the way we did! The offseason is just getting underway.

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 11:57:51 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I always interpreted that comment to mean simply that Danny couldn't comment on things that weren't official yet, e.g. signing a guy like Kemba or Kyrie officially being gone, Horford probably leaving, etc.

I never thought that meant Danny had some ace up his sleeve.  The Celts are making the best of a bad situation right now.  They were never going to be in a position to become a contender next year once the AD trade fell through.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 12:11:03 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Feeling a bit like Danny and management don't completely get it.
Indeed, they couldn't read Horford's mind about leaving.  What great front office doesn't have mind-readers on staff?

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 05:04:51 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
There's only so many free agents to go around. We made the best of a bad situation for us by picking up Kemba and Kanter. A week ago people were slitting wrists at the prospect of losing Kyrie and Al and getting nothing back into the team. I know, it sucks we couldn't get KD and AD and Kawhi and all the other big names, shame on Danny. :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2019, 05:13:51 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
I took it as confirmation of half life 3 being made.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 05:26:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Is this it?

IT'S JUST NOT ENOUGH...
Free agency started 18 hours ago....
which, for many here at CS, means an eternity ago.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 05:31:51 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
The way I see it was that after the writing on the wall was that Kyrie was leaving, we need do discuss whether we prefer the following two options:

* Al and retain Rozier
* Kemba and Kanter

I prefer the latter.