Author Topic: Latest Celtics Rumors (6/29)  (Read 29440 times)

Re: Latest Celtics Rumors (6/29)
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2019, 04:12:33 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
The Looney rumors sound great to me. I’d be happy to roll into next year like this:

Walker/Smart/Edwards/Waters
Brown/Langford
Tatum/Ojeleye/Dudley
Hayward/G. Williams/Yabusele
Looney/R. Williams/Theis

Positions obviously fluid

We could sign Theis after (I think) but we will have to renounce his rights too.

Edit: maybe not, I didn't realize we were paying him pennies. :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 04:18:42 PM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2019, 04:32:48 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
The Looney rumors sound great to me. I’d be happy to roll into next year like this:

Brown/Langford
Tatum/Ojeleye/Dudley
Looney/R. Williams/Theis

We could sign Theis after (I think) but we will have to renounce his rights too.

Unless we're able to utilize the multiple S&T scenarios to operate as an over-the-cap team, I'm not sure that we are really in play for the bigs like Looney, Dedmon, DJ, etc., as I think they'll demand more than the room exception.

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2019, 04:36:19 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16

Brown/Langford
Tatum/Ojeleye/Dudley
Looney/R. Williams/Theis

Unless we're able to utilize the multiple S&T scenarios to operate as an over-the-cap team, I'm not sure that we are really in play for the bigs like Looney, Dedmon, DJ, etc., as I think they'll demand more than the room exception.

Sure hopw they can make a few S&T's happen to get some cap room for 2 bigs, not just one.  We need another PF added to above.

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2019, 04:48:15 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
http://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1145015671375486976

http://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/status/1145026001874890754

Wow. Woj is now saying that Kemba to the C’s is a done deal and will happen as soon as free agency starts tomorrow.  Not even meeting with any other teams!

So does anyone know why we were seemingly able to get a deal with Kemba without him meeting with any other teams?  I mean that seems crazy.  Maybe he really wants to be in Boston?  Is there something that I am not aware of?

Not a clue.  Once Charlotte didn’t give him the most they could have, the door was opened, but why Boston got to win the sweepstakes so quickly when 10 days ago it was assumed they’d have no cap space, I don’t know.

I think it's a given that agents talk to front offices during the moratorium. As for why the C's:

NYK looks to be pretty bad next year -- even if they get Durant alone
DAL has Doncic and is in the west where it's harder to make Allstar/AllNBA

We have a team that competes hard, a respected coach (by most), and didn't mince around offering him a max deal. He also went to UConn which probably doesn't hurt. Looking at how this team ran with Isaiah Thomas I can see the appeal for him. It's also likely that Danny knew Al was planning on moving on earlier than we did and started turning those gears.

I assumed salt would know too since it's Zarren's burner account.

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2019, 04:49:50 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480
Woj: No QO for Wanamaker

Hopefully it is temporary, and the C's will get him back after making the other moves.  I liked him as our 3rd pg.

Presuming we have Kemba, Smart, Brown, and Langford and then likely sign Edwards and/or Waters, do we really need Wanamaker? It's not like Brad played him anyways lol

Oh just stop it with all the 'logic' and 'common sense' I want my Wanamaker!  haha
:)

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2019, 04:58:21 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text

Hopefully it is temporary, and the C's will get him back after making the other moves.  I liked him as our 3rd pg.

Presuming we have Kemba, Smart, Brown, and Langford and then likely sign Edwards and/or Waters, do we really need Wanamaker? It's not like Brad played him anyways lol

Oh just stop it with all the 'logic' and 'common sense' I want my Wanamaker!  haha

So Danyy Ainge's culture of using and dumping useful, veteran, straight out of Euroleague point guards continues... ;D ::) :laugh:
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2019, 05:00:29 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Ainge wanted to sign him to a two-year deal last year, but Wanamaker only wanted one.

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2019, 05:01:23 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Brown/Langford
Tatum/Ojeleye/Dudley
Looney/R. Williams/Theis

Nice, but could really use one more big body for the nights we play Drummond/Embiid sized centers. Looney weighs 220. Not big enough. Baynes woulda been great to have, but we needed to drop him for the Kemba cap space and can’t re-sign him now.

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2019, 06:30:25 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Quote from: Chris Haynes
Boston will renounce the rights to guard Terry Rozier - to open up a max slot for Kemba Walker - and he’ll become an unrestricted free agent, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1145095845328478208

« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2019, 06:31:28 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Boston will renounce the rights to guard Terry Rozier - to open up a max slot for Kemba Walker - and he’ll become an unrestricted free agent, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

We’ll see if that’s true, since they literally extended him a QO mere hours ago.

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2019, 06:44:04 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

We’ll see if that’s true, since they literally extended him a QO mere hours ago.

Yea seems odd both reports being so close timing wise.

« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2019, 06:52:13 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Just kidding Terry you are free to go. Lol Seriously that is an odd quick turn of events if true.

« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2019, 06:55:28 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Just kidding Terry you are free to go. Lol Seriously that is an odd quick turn of events if true.

Yeah.  They might rescind the QO quickly, but there’s no need to renounce his Bird rights until they’re ready to actually sign Kemba, which can’t happen for a week. It’s actually better for Rozier if they don’t, because Charlotte can’t get involved unless through a sign-and-grade.

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2019, 07:04:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
http://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1145015671375486976

http://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/status/1145026001874890754

Wow. Woj is now saying that Kemba to the C’s is a done deal and will happen as soon as free agency starts tomorrow.  Not even meeting with any other teams!

IF this is true, then I find it interesting that he's not meeting with other teams in this process like NY, Dallas, etc and it seems that barring Charlotte upping their offer by a ton, he'll be coming here. How did Ainge know Kemba would be interested in coming here, or why did Kemba prefer coming here over the other places? Truth is, we aren't a true contender at least for next season either. Will be curious to find out the answers to this IF it all happens.

People are too quick to jump to this idea. It's not unreasonable at all to think we could end up being a contender with an All-NBA player/perennial All-Star point guard in Kemba, the expected jumps of Brown and Tatum with more responsibility in the offense, and Hayward's continued progression. I think all three of Tatum, Brown, and Hayward will have better years next year, and we'll see that Kemba is a much better fit on our team than Kyrie was.

The key will be the 5 spot and if we can get a competent big to fill out the roster, in addition to Timelord hopefully being able to play some meaningful minutes this year.

To me, it depends also on what other East teams do.

My personal guess is, Toronto keeps Kawhi, Sixers keep ONE of Harris/Butler, Bucks keep Middleton and Brogdon.

Now obviously if Kawhi leaves, that changes a ton, as would the Sixers losing BOTH their key FA's and not adequately replacing them.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2019, 07:06:00 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Now that Troz3 is officially no longer a Celtic I am resigning as the president of his fictional fan club.

ok fine