Author Topic: Latest Celtics Rumors (6/29)  (Read 29417 times)

Re: Latest Celtics Rumors (6/29)
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2019, 03:54:37 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
http://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1145015671375486976

http://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/status/1145026001874890754

Wow. Woj is now saying that Kemba to the C’s is a done deal and will happen as soon as free agency starts tomorrow.  Not even meeting with any other teams!

So does anyone know why we were seemingly able to get a deal with Kemba without him meeting with any other teams?  I mean that seems crazy.  Maybe he really wants to be in Boston?  Is there something that I am not aware of?

Well, to me, of his other immediate suitors in Charlotte, Dallas, and New York, we seem to be the team that offers him both the best immediate and long-term chance of winning while also giving him the max. That's my guess. The other big name teams in free agency that need a guard are more focused on Kyrie and Russell for whatever reason (more available to them like Kyrie and Brooklyn or just wanting a bigger name like LAL and Kyrie/Russell). I think that's really dumb from LAL's perspective, because Kemba would be a great third option in LAL with Lebron and AD, though I do think they'd be better off by not signing the third max agent and rather go for some better fitting mid-level pieces to fill out the roster.

Yeah to me Kemba would have been a great fit for the LAL.  I have no idea why they didn't pursue him.  Maybe because Lebron is so ball dominant?

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2019, 03:54:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Wow. Woj is now saying that Kemba to the C’s is a done deal and will happen as soon as free agency starts tomorrow.  Not even meeting with any other teams!

IF this is true, then I find it interesting that he's not meeting with other teams in this process like NY, Dallas, etc and it seems that barring Charlotte upping their offer by a ton, he'll be coming here. How did Ainge know Kemba would be interested in coming here, or why did Kemba prefer coming here over the other places? Truth is, we aren't a true contender at least for next season either. Will be curious to find out the answers to this IF it all happens.

People are too quick to jump to this idea. It's not unreasonable at all to think we could end up being a contender with an All-NBA player/perennial All-Star point guard in Kemba, the expected jumps of Brown and Tatum with more responsibility in the offense, and Hayward's continued progression. I think all three of Tatum, Brown, and Hayward will have better years next year, and we'll see that Kemba is a much better fit on our team than Kyrie was.

The key will be the 5 spot and if we can get a competent big to fill out the roster, in addition to Timelord hopefully being able to play some meaningful minutes this year.

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2019, 03:56:44 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

IF this is true, then I find it interesting that he's not meeting with other teams in this process like NY, Dallas, etc and it seems that barring Charlotte upping their offer by a ton, he'll be coming here. How did Ainge know Kemba would be interested in coming here, or why did Kemba prefer coming here over the other places? Truth is, we aren't a true contender at least for next season either. Will be curious to find out the answers to this IF it all happens.

Celtic Pride baby!!!! ;)

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2019, 03:59:34 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Woj: No QO for Wanamaker

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2019, 03:59:56 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

People are too quick to jump to this idea. It's not unreasonable at all to think we could end up being a contender with an All-NBA player/perennial All-Star point guard in Kemba, the expected jumps of Brown and Tatum with more responsibility in the offense, and Hayward's continued progression. I think all three of Tatum, Brown, and Hayward will have better years next year, and we'll see that Kemba is a much better fit on our team than Kyrie was.

The key will be the 5 spot and if we can get a competent big to fill out the roster, in addition to Timelord hopefully being able to play some meaningful minutes this year.

If DA can somehow swing a sign and trade deal with Rozier and Kemba + get us some kind of decent big to replace Horford I think we have to admit he has done well in dealing with the Kyrie and Al situations. 

If we are top 3-4 next year in the east after losing those guys it is a huge success. 

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2019, 04:00:37 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Hopefully it is temporary, and the C's will get him back after making the other moves.  I liked him as our 3rd pg.

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2019, 04:01:40 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I expected such jumps last season—along with a lot of other positives from the team—and was left sorely disappointed.

Fool me once ...
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2019, 04:02:32 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Since we gave a qualifying offer to Rozier and Kemba is a done deal, it seems Rozier must be going out as part of a package, right?

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2019, 04:03:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Hopefully it is temporary, and the C's will get him back after making the other moves.  I liked him as our 3rd pg.

Presuming we have Kemba, Smart, Brown, and Langford and then likely sign Edwards and/or Waters, do we really need Wanamaker? It's not like Brad played him anyways lol

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2019, 04:03:41 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
I´d rather bring back Shane Larkin

Edit. Regarding Wanamaker

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2019, 04:04:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Since we gave a qualifying offer to Rozier and Kemba is a done deal, it seems Rozier must be going out as part of a package, right?

Just keep in mind that nothing is “done” until July 6. This could be good news, or it could be a safety net in case Kemba changes his mind.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2019, 04:04:50 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Rozier given a QO:

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Boston has extended a qualifying offer to guard Terry Rozier, making him a restricted free agent, league sources tell
@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1145050388665643009?s=21

Is this so we can facilitate him landing somewhere and getting something in return?

I added to my post, but essentially this means that the Celtics feel there is some sort of sing&trade ability with Charlotte for Kemba.

I've heard Terry sing. Trust me, we won't get anything for that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OCQtZiYjUs

Mike

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2019, 04:08:21 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

Gives Boston an opportunity to see what options are available with Rozier with zero cap ramifications because they can renounce. I wouldn’t read into it at all.

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2019, 04:08:51 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I´d rather bring back Shane Larkin

Edit. Regarding Wanamaker

Larkin won Turkish League Finals MVP!

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2019, 04:09:55 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
The Looney rumors sound great to me. I’d be happy to roll into next year like this:

Walker/Smart/Edwards/Waters
Brown/Langford
Tatum/Ojeleye/Dudley
Hayward/G. Williams/Yabusele
Looney/R. Williams/Theis

Positions obviously fluid