Author Topic: Latest Celtics Rumors (6/29)  (Read 29431 times)

Re: Latest Celtics Rumors (6/29)
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2019, 02:00:41 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2019, 02:04:27 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Okay Saltlover, this is where you tell us all how we can structure a trade between Rozier and Walker to create more cap space to sign a really good FA center!!!

If we use a sign-and-trade involving either Kyrie or Horford to acquire Walker (Rozier would be needed in a trade involving Kyrie) we will have access to the MLE at near $9 million in year 1 rather than the room exception at $4.8 million.  This would obviously elevate our level of competition in the free agent big market.  We would also gain access to the BAE at $3.6 million in year one for additional depth.

Have to think that Al and Griff (if he goes to NOLA) would help us out with that for a late first round pick/second round pick.

The question will be whether Rozier would help facilitate going to Charlotte, especially with NYK being a suitor and likely striking out elsewhere. Would they also be willing to do a S&T for some compensation to help us out? Because we know it’s not in Brooklyn’s interests to given they’ll be competing with us this season.

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2019, 02:05:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Would love to see Kanter here!

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2019, 02:07:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Looney is a nice player but a *very* small 5. 6’9” in shoes, 220 pounds. He does have a long wingspan, 7’4”, but you’ll want another big body if you want to defend Embiid.
Vonleh same height and wingspan but heavier. About 250. Defends well vs Giannis. Not sure about Embiid.

Looney only 220.
players use their hands to rebound more often than the tops of their heads. looney's standing reach is not bad at 9'2". WCS's is 9'3".
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2019, 02:11:05 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Tom Westerholm

Verified account

@Tom_NBA
 11m11 minutes ago
More
The Celtics are reportedly targeting Kevon Looney and Enes Kanter with the room exception.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/06/boston-celtics-rumors-kevon-looney-enes-kanter-are-targets-for-room-exception-report.html

Nice. Bulls apparently interested in Kanter as well.

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2019, 02:18:46 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Al just started following jrue holliday and zion supposedly

https://twitter.com/_andrew_lopez/status/1144999897369841669?s=21

Sign and trade for Zion? :o

so much for friendship or did Griffin and Ainge collude to give Al a soft landing spot?

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2019, 02:20:36 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Tom Westerholm

Verified account

@Tom_NBA
 11m11 minutes ago
More
The Celtics are reportedly targeting Kevon Looney and Enes Kanter with the room exception.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/06/boston-celtics-rumors-kevon-looney-enes-kanter-are-targets-for-room-exception-report.html

Let’s hope they get him. We need an offensive minded big man like a fish needs a bicycle.

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2019, 02:22:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Looney is a nice player but a *very* small 5. 6’9” in shoes, 220 pounds. He does have a long wingspan, 7’4”, but you’ll want another big body if you want to defend Embiid.
Vonleh same height and wingspan but heavier. About 250. Defends well vs Giannis. Not sure about Embiid.

Looney only 220.
players use their hands to rebound more often than the tops of their heads. looney's standing reach is not bad at 9'2". WCS's is 9'3".

That’s good. I’m more worried about his weight. 220 vs 250 for Vonleh. Don’t want to get pushed around on defense.

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2019, 02:43:35 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Ainge should've picked up Kanter off the buyout market back in February sigh lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2019, 02:45:27 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Woj on @SportsCenter: "He has moved on from Charlotte. (Boston and Kemba) will get together on Sunday night. ... Kemba Walker is on his way to the Celtics."

I'm feeling giddy guys. This could be the biggest signing since 2017 Gordon Hayward.  ;D

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2019, 02:55:30 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
who do the refer to when they say 'league sources'? Would 'league sources' be in the know and pass along what is obviously tampering?

There has to be tampering for GMs to know what they are doing when FA signing starts in 24 hrs. They aren't going to do it all on Saturday night.

My guess is GMs have been dealing with agents since the end of the draft. The system needs to be opened up.

League sources could be anybody. Nice term.

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2019, 02:57:43 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I just hope we don't clog up the big position, pick up 2 and be done. I want Dos Williams' to get a fair shot! 4 bigs max! If Tacko is okay in SL, give him the other 2-way. I know we have Yabu but he's had "some" opportunities (certainly in practice), time to give his 5-10 mins here or there to others. I feel bad, but this isn't a coddle league, you have to contribute or move aside. He's been with us 2 seasons, if CBS didn't play you when we had NO BIGS, he isn't going to play you this season.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2019, 02:58:18 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
Woj on @SportsCenter: "He has moved on from Charlotte. (Boston and Kemba) will get together on Sunday night. ... Kemba Walker is on his way to the Celtics."

I'm feeling giddy guys. This could be the biggest signing since 2017 Gordon Hayward.  ;D

Woj is an incredible guy. He seems to have his finger on the pulse of every front office.

Do you want to tell me that free agency doesn't start a day after the draft? Sure it's started. It's just nobody can sign until Sunday night.

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2019, 03:00:00 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
Tom Westerholm

Verified account

@Tom_NBA
 11m11 minutes ago
More

Let’s hope they get him. We need an offensive minded big man like a fish needs a bicycle.

Kanter is a very underrated player. Good offensive rebounder and scorer. Not much on defense.

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2019, 03:02:19 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Woj is an incredible guy. He seems to have his finger on the pulse of every front office.

Do you want to tell me that free agency doesn't start a day after the draft? Sure it's started. It's just nobody can sign until Sunday night.

Hopefully Woj gets paid a lot for this, in general. Just too bad that he has to work for ESPN, but I get it, when you get an opportunity you take it.

Reliability and validity is among the best of the best when it comes to these news/sources. Unlike Sherrod Blakely or Chris Broussard or Robot Dave or any of those guys lol.