Author Topic: Create A Caption: Danny Ainge edition!  (Read 18971 times)

Re: Create A Caption: Danny Ainge edition!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 09:53:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I see....Red Auerbach....he doesn't even know he's dead. 

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
"Oh no! Now I'll have to bite somebody's finger again..."

A commonly perpetuated falsehood! To the mythbuster mobile!!!

The two tussled, reportedly because Rollins called Ainge a “sissy” after Rollins hit Ainge with an elbow (inadvertent or not) and Ainge took issue. Whether Rollins called him a sissy or not, Ainge tackled the much larger man (Ainge was six feet four inches while Rollins was over seven feet tall). During the tangle, Rollins bit Ainge on Ainge’s hand. Standing up from the fight, Ainge reportedly (according to his teammate Larry Bird) said “That big sissy bit me!”

The next day, the Boston Herald had the headline “Tree Bites Man.”

However, within a couple of years, Ainge (who by then had gotten the reputation as a bit of an annoying player for opposing players) has suddenly become the one who was accused of biting Rollins!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 12:13:37 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
"What do you mean I get no crackers with my soup?!?"  :'(
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 02:11:14 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

The two tussled, reportedly because Rollins called Ainge a “sissy” after Rollins hit Ainge with an elbow (inadvertent or not) and Ainge took issue. Whether Rollins called him a sissy or not, Ainge tackled the much larger man (Ainge was six feet four inches while Rollins was over seven feet tall). During the tangle, Rollins bit Ainge on Ainge’s hand. Standing up from the fight, Ainge reportedly (according to his teammate Larry Bird) said “That big sissy bit me!”

However, within a couple of years, Ainge (who by then had gotten the reputation as a bit of an annoying player for opposing players) has suddenly become the one who was accused of biting Rollins!

It was the best I could come up wuth, true or false  :)

But here is a Tommy Point for standing up for the basketball truth.

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 02:16:51 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

It was the best I could come up wuth, true or false  :)

The only reason I know the truth is because I stumbled across the "That big sissy bit me!" quote in some Bird article years ago.

I just thought it was so funny that Ainge used the word 'sissy'. If it was Garnett, he would've woven a tapestry of obscenities that would still be hanging in the rafters of whatever arena the incident occurred in. But Danny Ainge called the guy a sissy. It almost makes it more insulting.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 03:33:24 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

It was the best I could come up wuth, true or false  :)

The only reason I know the truth is because I stumbled across the "That big sissy bit me!" quote in some Bird article years ago.

I just thought it was so funny that Ainge used the word 'sissy'. If it was Garnett, he would've woven a tapestry of obscenities that would still be hanging in the rafters of whatever arena the incident occurred in. But Danny Ainge called the guy a sissy. It almost makes it more insulting.

One of my all-time favorite quotes is Bird during the ´91 Finals; when asked how he thought the series was playing out he said: "They're playing like a bunch of sissies". You tell 'em, Lar.

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
"Gosh-darn-it Doc, why isn't Luke in??"

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 11:29:50 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Just for clarification a quite common misconception is that Danny was the biter when in fact he was bitten. 

Now I'm sure DA was instigator but, he was never one to back down from a fight.

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 11:30:13 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Sorry missed your post.  : )
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10