Author Topic: Nate to Celtics Official / Danny's take (merged Nate threads)  (Read 103246 times)

Re: Nate to Boston? Could Happen Today (merged Nate threads)
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2010, 09:24:58 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I think it will be done today. Danny most likely wants him in there against the Lakers to see what he can do with no Practice. If this is all we do i will be a little (no pun intended) upset but this would be a major upgrade to our team. The reason for me being a little upset is i still feel that we should move Ray for a younger two guard. But if that cant happen then we might as well ride it out and hopefully Nate really steps to the plate on this one.

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2010, 09:25:50 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 706
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i am wondering if we can get some minutes from landry if he comes. he was a tough player at wiskey that really knows how to defend. would love to see him get some minutes if he comes along...maybe he will be a hidden gem like shannon brown was for the lakers

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
I don't think this has been posted yet, it's not the latest info but it adds to the credibility of the stories:
POSTED: Feb. 17 -- 1:04 a.m. ET

Robinson
Chris Sheridan: There are reports in the New York Daily News and Boston Herald that the Knicks and Celtics are close to a deal that would send Nate Robinson to Boston. I have confirmed that the teams have renewed discussions, but there is one major thing to keep in mind: Robinson is what's known as a base-year compensation player, which can be a complicating factor. Robinson makes $4 million, but the Knicks can take back a maximum of only $2.02 million in returning salary.

Just an educated guess, but if Boston were willing to trade a No. 1 pick for Nate, it would blunt the pain of New York's surrendering a first-rounder or two to the Rockets in a McGrady deal. On a related note, three plugged-in sources indicated the Knicks seemed eager to get their business done Wednesday rather than wait until the 11th hour Thursday afternoon.

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2010, 09:28:12 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
Read last night that if the trade with Boston is going to happen it will happen today as New York doesn't want to wait until the last minute to do this as they will be working on the McGrady deal right up until 3 tomorrow
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2010, 09:28:25 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 706
  • MASTER OF PANIC
if we are trading a #1...we need to look into keeping nate around for 2-3 more seasons.

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2010, 09:28:48 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
i would wait until the last second to pull the trigger on this deal. don't limit our tradeable assets until all other possibilities have been exhausted.

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2010, 09:31:07 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
if we are trading a #1...we need to look into keeping nate around for 2-3 more seasons.

I'm not worried about the draft picks myself. They will be high first rounders, plus there's always teams around willing to sell. Also, rookies have found it quite hard to get some playing time here with all the vets we have around.

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 09:31:30 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 378
Why are the Knicks interested in doing such a deal?  Nate's contract is expiring, so this won't help them free up any cap space for next year. Is it just the draft pick?

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2010, 09:32:40 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Wow seems like a low risk high reward trade at this point.

House and SW for Nate and filler. Seems like we get the upper hand on this puppy.

I still think we need some help up front with the poor play of Perkins and KG.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2010, 09:34:18 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Why are the Knicks interested in doing such a deal?  Nate's contract is expiring, so this won't help them free up any cap space for next year. Is it just the draft pick?

That, also cash considerations, plus he's a BYC player if not mistaken. That means that in order to trade him, NY will be taking a player of half his salary. That means saving up to $2 million dollars on salary, plus $2 million more from luxury tax.

Plenty of incentive financial wise.

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2010, 09:36:43 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Hopefully this trade goes though, then the Knicks trade for T-Mac, the Wizards deal Jamison and the Suns deal Amare. We have an open roster spot and will be looking to sign a buyout. So the more players traded before the deadline the better for us.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2010, 09:42:39 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I am hard pressed to find any combination of House, Allen, Scalabrine and Giddens that works on the trade checker. Any idea what we might be giving up for Nate?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2010, 09:45:55 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149

Re: Nate Robinson to BOS?
« Reply #69 on: Today at 09:14:04 am »

Quote from: blceltsfan on Today at 08:37:12 am
I'd rather have K Hinrch. PG, some size,Defensive pest and a decent shooter.

Robinson is a head case, and his size is a liability on defense.

Defense wins championships.

DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THE BOX....SO I'LL START MY COMMENT IN CAPS

Hinrich shut down Pierce in the playoffs when in the game

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2010, 09:46:25 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 378

That, also cash considerations, plus he's a BYC player if not mistaken. That means that in order to trade him, NY will be taking a player of half his salary. That means saving up to $2 million dollars on salary, plus $2 million more from luxury tax.

Plenty of incentive financial wise.

Thanks.  TP.  But, the $2M in savings on salary has to be pro-rated over only 3/8th of the season, but thanks for the info.  I see their motivation.

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2010, 09:49:38 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Nate is an upgrade from eddie.  If he can be had for eddie and a pick than you can't say no.  I'd rather throw giddens in but saw he had knee surgery.