Author Topic: Invalid hard tickets  (Read 5304 times)

Invalid hard tickets
« on: May 09, 2008, 02:49:38 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
I read elsewhere on the net that more than 175 hard tickets were rejected at the Garden last night. Tickets had been emailed, and then the invalidated hard tickets were sold to scalpers, who sold them to fans who were refused entry. I also heard (word of mouth on Causeway St) that there were similar issues with email tickets; multiple copies were sold and only the first user got in.

BEWARE!

Re: Invalid hard tickets
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:52:35 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
This is something I have been really scared of.  I bought a couple email tickets for a round 1 game and had no problem, but thought of how easy it would be to do this.  Kinda sucks that there is no such thing as honor anymore.  Scumbags...
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 03:01:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I used eTickets for Game 1 of the first two series so far without incident.  I bought them from TicketReserve who is in cahootz with the Celtics so I felt pretty confident of their legitimacy.  I was, however, a little leary of trusting my printer for the barcodes that they needed to scan.  It felt very strange walking in with sheets of paper instead of tickets.

Anyhow, I can't imagine how frustrated I would have been if I spent a bunch of money on a seat then couldn't get in.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 04:12:13 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
That sucks, glad I use shared season tickets when I go to a game. I had an experience at Fenway a couple years ago, my cousin was in town from Texas and she really wanted to see a Red Sox game, I got us tickets online printed them and went to the game. When security scanned the tickets it didn't work, he then looks at me and says, "Sorry man," and hands them back to me as if I am just going to say oh OK I just spent 200 dollars on tickets but I guess they don't work, oh well. I wouldn't move from the line until some one came and took care of it, all they did was use a different scanner and they were fine, really frustrating. I can only imagine how mad people were when they didn't get in at all.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 06:20:35 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
I wonder why they just don't destroy de hard tickets that have been emailed. Also, I think they should investigate who in the organization gave them to scalpers...

NF.
#18 is coming...

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 06:30:52 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I have hard tickets since I have a playoff strip, but I print the tickets for each game anyway and keep the original ticket booklet intact for memories.

I would be wary of accepting any emailed ticket that did not originate from the celtics web site. I would be even more wary of original tickets.

Can tickets be forwarded by non-season ticket owners? Can everyone with a playoff strip forward tickets? If so, a single violation should result in the complete set of tickets being cancelled.

Then again, I've never bought anything from a scalper in my life.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 06:33:50 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
It teaches you one thing. If you can't be careful, be first to the arena!

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 08:53:45 PM »

Offline PP34RG4

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • Thats me over Ray's right shoulder
It's really too bad. The fans who really want to be inside don't get the chance, or usually the first crack at tickets. Scalping scams like this and this secondary ticket market (eBay, StubHub) are getting out of control, and it's keeping the real fans out of the arenas and stadiums.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 01:33:54 AM »

Offline Greeny

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • LETS DO IT AGAIN!
This happened throughout the year with people being sold "hard tickets".

Through a season ticket account, the hard tickets become instantly invalid as soon as the e-ticket is chosen through ticket exchange.

The gimmick is to print the e-tickets out and sell the hard tickets.

The Celtics should ban or revoke the season ticket holders account for those seats in which 2 sets of tickets appear at the day of the game.

Only the season ticket holders have access to their account, seats, tickets and e-tickets....password protected.
They should be held accountable!
This would let the public buy more tickets and free up more season tix for next year as well as stop the double scalping.

Loge 21 for this year and the next!
Go C's!

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 08:52:55 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The Celtics should ban or revoke the season ticket holders account for those seats in which 2 sets of tickets appear at the day of the game.

Agreed.  That's what the Pats do, and I think it's the right policy.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions