Poll

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 = best) how much did you like Solo? (Spoilers possible

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (10%)
2 (10%)
4 (20%)
1 (5%)
3 (15%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
5 - average
5 (25%)
4 - a little below average
2 (10%)
3 - not that good, but perhaps tolerable
1 (5%)
2 - Pretty bad
0 (0%)
1 - In the bottom 5% of movies I've seen. Really bad. Don't go. Life is too short. Just read about it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 = best) how much did you like Solo? (Spoilers possible  (Read 6891 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
As a pretty big Star Wars fan (own all films except the recent ones. Read a few books. Read tons of comics. Watched all of the Rebels, Clone Wars, and the other Clone Wars cartoons) I do hereby endorse Solo, but the endorsement is not overly enthusiastic. Like....if your wife wants to watch something else or you're in the dog house already and going to see this would make things worse.....you can probably put this off.

I think I have to hereby rank the Star Wars films as follows  (this is on a Star Wars scale of one to ten....on this scale a Star Wars 1 is like a 6 for any other movie outside of anything that takes place in Middle Earth, which are also off the chart)

Rogue One....11
Revenge of the Sith...10.1
Empire Strikes Back...10
Attack of the Clones...9.9
Last Jedi 9.7
Return of the Jedi.....9
New Hope...8
Phantom Menace...7
Solo.....6
Force Awakens...1
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:47:38 PM by eja117 »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I gave it an 8. I have no prob with the plot nor the characters nor the way characters were portrayed...although the Lando thing....eh.

Not the hugest fan of Disney using this franchise to push an agenda.

Clearly the first film that nakedly said out loud "We're gonna pimp this franchise for every cent and we're holding you hostage."  I mean they ain't even pretending any more.

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
It's ok. I think fans like lightsabers. That's missing except for the cameo. I won't spoil.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Average

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I wonder what could be considered an average film. Like I still would say the worst Hobbit film (Battle of Five Armies) is still an above average film.

The film Short Circuit. I give that a 6.  Back to the Future 3....6.   

The original Ocean's 11.  I got that as average. 

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I couldn't finish it. I got bored. All the other Star Wars movies are great.
I moved the cheese.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
My wife and kid liked it and my wife's not a huge Star Wars person, although the last time I said that she pointed out she has watched all the movies

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
My wife and kid liked it and my wife's not a huge Star Wars person, although the last time I said that she pointed out she has watched all the movies

That still doesn't mean that she's a huge Star Wars person, though, lol ;D.

More importantly, how was Daenerys ;) ;D?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
very very good unlike some of the latest star wars movies

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
As a pretty big Star Wars fan (own all films except the recent ones. Read a few books. Read tons of comics. Watched all of the Rebels, Clone Wars, and the other Clone Wars cartoons) I do hereby endorse Solo, but the endorsement is not overly enthusiastic. Like....if your wife wants to watch something else or you're in the dog house already and going to see this would make things worse.....you can probably put this off.

I think I have to hereby rank the Star Wars films as follows

Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
Empire Strikes Back
Attack of the Clones
Return of the Jedi
Last Jedi
New Hope
Phantom Menace
Solo
Force Awakens

interesting because I rank it the other way around

Last Jedi was the worst imo

and I was not a fan of rogue one as I couldn't stand the lead actress, lead actor or Donnie Yen

I'm a fan of Force Awakens and Solo

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Planning on seeing it tomorrow IF the Cs win. If they don't will be sulking

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

She's looks better as a blonde.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I think Khaleesi is pretty overrated as an actress, but she was fine. Better than a lot of other "actresses" these days.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I give it an 8 or 9. It was everything I was hoping to get from a Han Solo origin story. Great action, surprises, and excellent story of space scoundrels with hints at what made Han who he is.

The actors were fantastic, especially the young actors who played Han and Lando, I never once thought to myself during the movie that they were not Han and Lando. In fact I was quite impressed at how they captured their characters, and the story overall was true to the characters.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I give it an 8 or 9. It was everything I was hoping to get from a Han Solo origin story. Great action, surprises, and excellent story of space scoundrels with hints at what made Han who he is.

The actors were fantastic, especially the young actors who played Han and Lando, I never once thought to myself during the movie that they were not Han and Lando. In fact I was quite impressed at how they captured their characters, and the story overall was true to the characters.
I guess I could agree with a lot of this