Author Topic: Kanter pulling a Lopez  (Read 12120 times)

Kanter pulling a Lopez
« on: July 29, 2019, 04:02:57 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I think Kanter has the ability to become a very good shooter.This man loves offense and he will put in the work.I know this is the NBA but so much of defense is desire his offensive footwork seems quick and fluid

This new center Poirer seems to have great timing and quickness in pick and roll.
Do the Celtics have a great centers coach and trainer.The saying is it takes centers longer that means some teams give up too early -so why bother drafting centers.

Iwas a guard and don't really any idea what Kanter can do but i did help a big by playing one on one all summer to help motivate and give him confidence. He got much better.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:12:37 PM by rollie mass »

Re: Kanter pulling a Lopez
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 04:10:21 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I don't think Kanter will be an issue.

It's a given Kanter will not disappoint us.

The problem is the Celts still need another star player.

If the Celts add a guy like Kevin Love or acquire a player like Bradley Beal, Kanter will prosper even more.

Just don't expect Kanter to be like Horford when it comes to pick and roll defense.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 04:46:50 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Why do the Celtics have a need for Bradley Beal isn't Tatum a clone in some respects?
As to Keven Love how would he help on defense. Wouldn't a power forward that has length and quickness be more effective.
Pulling a Lopez was pertaining to picking up a 3pt shot.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 05:00:54 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Why do the Celtics have a need for Bradley Beal isn't Tatum a clone in some respects?
As to Keven Love how would he help on defense. Wouldn't a power forward that has length and quickness be more effective.

1. Bradley Beal is a proven All-Star that has a career average of 22.7 ppg in the playoffs.
Beal is an upgrade over Smart and Brown.

2. Kevin Love is a good fit because Brad loves to use small ball.
Love is a good passer, rebounder, and shooter.
His weakness is defense.

Brad Stevens loves to play small ball in the last 5 minutes of the game.
Kevin Love can play the role that Horford used to play.

Bradley Beal is like a combination of Smart and Brown.
Beal is good defensively and great offensively.

Both Love and Beal will be upgrades.

Remember, in the playoffs and finals, where scoring becomes very difficult, teams that have more offensive weapons usually ends up winning.

Celts had some weaknesses last season, scoring and rebounding were very evident.
That's why I say Love or Beal would be upgrades.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:11:51 AM by Fierce1 »

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 05:13:49 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

1. Bradley Beal is a proven All-Star that has a career average of 22.7 ppg in the playoffs.

His weakness is defense.

Beall is good defensively and great offensively.

Remember, in the playoffs and finals, where scoring becomes very difficult, teams that have more offensive weapons usually ends up winning.

One of the few weaknesses of the Celts last season was scoring and rebounding.

We have supposedly elite scorer in Kyrie last year. Tatum is also projected to be a better scorer in the future. Beal only averaged 16 PPG in his 4 first years being a secondary option. Tatum averaged 15, sharing touches with ball dominant players like Rozier and Morris.

Brown is very efficient on scoring without a play set for him. He's arguably our best player in the post season last year.

Beal didn't even made the playoffs last year, granted his team is poorly constructed. But Tatum or Brown would average all-star numbers on that terrible Wizard team.

Smart was a 1st All-Defensive team and Beal is nowhere his defensive impact.

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 05:23:37 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

His weakness is defense.

We have supposedly elite scorer in Kyrie last year. Tatum is also projected to be a better scorer in the future. Beal only averaged 16 PPG in his 4 first years being a secondary option. Tatum averaged 15, sharing touches with ball dominant players like Rozier and Morris.

Brown is very efficient on scoring without a play set for him. He's arguably our best player in the post season last year.

Beal didn't even made the playoffs last year, granted his team is poorly constructed. But Tatum or Brown would average all-star numbers on that terrible Wizard team.

Brown just averaged 13.9 ppg in 9 playoff games last season.

In the playoffs, Beal averaged 19.2 ppg in 2014, 23.4 ppg in 2015, 24.8 ppg in 2017, and 23.2 ppg in 2018.

Jaylen Brown has never come close to averaging that kind of numbers in the playoffs.

This debate can go on forever.
But here's the thing, according to a report by Bulpett, Celts don't believe they're an elite team right now.
So the Celts are looking to upgrade.
It could be Beal or Love or not both of them.
One thing's for sure, Celts are not yet on the same level as the Bucks.

Right now it's looking like Ainge will wait and see what this current Celts team can do.
So Brown and Smart can prove that they're worth keeping.

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 06:54:36 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

His weakness is defense.

Beal is good defensively and great offensively.

Celts had some weaknesses last season, scoring and rebounding were very evident.

I dont think Beal is an upgrade over brown and smart. The 2 of them bring more than beal can alone.

Beal is however more valuable than either. But beal also has a massive pricetag.

If team makes another deal it will not be for a wing, but will be for a body that can play pf fulltime.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 07:18:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

His weakness is defense.

Brown just averaged 13.9 ppg in 9 playoff games last season.

In the playoffs, Beal averaged 19.2 ppg in 2014, 23.4 ppg in 2015, 24.8 ppg in 2017, and 23.2 ppg in 2018.

Jaylen Brown has never come close to averaging that kind of numbers in the playoffs.

This debate can go on forever.
But here's the thing, according to a report by Bulpett, Celts don't believe they're an elite team right now.
So the Celts are looking to upgrade.
It could be Beal or Love or not both of them.
One thing's for sure, Celts are not yet on the same level as the Bucks.

Right now it's looking like Ainge will wait and see what this current Celts team can do.
So Brown and Smart can prove that they're worth keeping.
I mean, Brown has an 18 game playoff run where he was actually a focal point of the offence on a team that wasn't broken. And he averaged 18PPG. Which is pretty close 19.2 as far as I'm aware
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

If the Celts add a guy like Kevin Love or acquire a player like Bradley Beal, Kanter will prosper even more.

Just don't expect Kanter to be like Horford when it comes to pick and roll defense.

Disagree

Celts have the talent

Kevin Love?

Cmon now

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 10:23:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I do think Kanter is going to pull a lopez in terms of being a post based center that adds a 3 point shot to their game.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the midrange J's he was taking in that video. I don't ever want to see him get the ball in the midrange then face up and shoot from there with a hand in his face. We are going to get much better shots than that in the offense.

Lopez was also able to contribute better defensively last year than he ever had in the past. I'm hopeful that Kanter can become the same way.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2019, 10:53:17 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Disagree

Celts have the talent

Kevin Love?

Cmon now

Like I said, it's the Celtics that don't believe they have enough talent to match the elite teams like the Bucks and Sixers.

According to Bulpett of the Herald, Celts are not done dealing.
That means the Celts are still looking to upgrade.

If not Love then it will be another star player.

Star power wins in the NBA.

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 12:14:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Disagree

Celts have the talent

Kevin Love?

Cmon now

Like I said, it's the Celtics that don't believe they have enough talent to match the elite teams like the Bucks and Sixers.

love has not played more than 60 games in any of the past 3 years.  he is now on the wrong side of 30 years old.  his scoring, rebounding, and shooting percentages last year were down from his career averages.

i am not convinced he is a good investment for the celtics.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2019, 12:19:00 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Disagree

Celts have the talent

Kevin Love?

Cmon now

love has not played more than 60 games in any of the past 3 years.  he is now on the wrong side of 30 years old.  his scoring, rebounding, and shooting percentages last year were down from his career averages.

i am not convinced he is a good investment for the celtics.

Back in 2016, Celts gave Horford 28m per year even when Horford was already 30 years old and he was averaging career lows in rebounding the last 2 seasons with the Hawks and his scoring was down to 15.2 ppg.

If Kevin Love didn't have a down year last season, I don't think he would be available right now.

Only reason why Love is available is because of the bad season he had last year.

Kevin Love could thrive under Brad Stevens.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2019, 12:26:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
If Kevin Love didn't have a down year last season, I don't think he would be available right now.

Only reason why Love is available is because of the bad season he had last year.
If he had a good year last year he'd be just as available, the Cavs would be a high lottery team even if he wasn't injured.

The Cavs would just be asking for a lot more. By all media reports teams have made offers to the Cavs, but the league is valuing his contract as a negative to neutral value. The Cavs want to get draft picks or players back, not just offload the salary.

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 12:35:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Kanter career FT shooting percentage (78%) is pretty close to Lopez' (79.1%), so that is supportive.

Lopez has created an ability to really extend his 3 point range to Steph Curry range, which makes his skill set quite unique for a big.