Author Topic: Huge trade idea...makes sense  (Read 10049 times)

Huge trade idea...makes sense
« on: April 27, 2008, 11:59:33 PM »

Offline rajonrondo9

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
Ok, think about this.  AI for Kidd straight up.  Kidd running the point with Smith and Melo on the wings.  He reunites with Martin, and gets Camby to rebound.  Mavericks get a tough scorer, and gets rid of Kidd, who obviously does not fit in with their half court offense. 

Re: Huge trade idea...makes sense
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 12:00:35 AM »

Offline rajonrondo9

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
Oh and btw they both have one year left at almost the same exact salary.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 12:09:52 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I doubt that would the Mavericks any favours

Kidd would help the Nuggets offense but he'd only worsen their defense. The Nuggets are going to be a tough job, it's likely going to be more than one move.

To be honest I think Steve Blake (while along with/next to Iverson) added more to Denver than Kidd would. They just need to replace Steve Blake. At least he gave them some semblence of ball movment and direction offensively.

I wouldn't do the trade if I was either team

I'd rather pay JR Smith some money than keep Iverson. Iverson is in the way. I'm not sure if they could get anything useful for him though. He was only worth Andre Miller (and an expiring contract) before. Now he's older and failed even worse than before. I really think he's having a horrible effect on Carmelo Anthony. JR Smith has begun to really look promising in the second half of this season. A lot more composure, better decision making, taking some pride in his defense (it's still bad but the effort is there, he's young and can improve).

Denver is really complicated. Probably shouldn't have started thinking about them. So many problems. Where do you start? How do you fix it? Yep I'm going to be thinking about that for awhile now.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 12:30:20 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Ok, think about this.  AI for Kidd straight up.  Kidd running the point with Smith and Melo on the wings.  He reunites with Martin, and gets Camby to rebound.  Mavericks get a tough scorer, and gets rid of Kidd, who obviously does not fit in with their half court offense. 

It DOES make sense for Denver...  My question is what Dallas should do about Jason Terry.  Terry is kind of perfect off Dirk - they know how to play together, and his contract is just too big trade for equal value.

And, IMHO, Terry and Iverson are too similar to be on the same team.

...maybe some kind of three team with Chicago?