Author Topic: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame  (Read 147426 times)

Re: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2009, 10:45:44 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
i hope it works out and feel confident it will with nick at the helm, however, i think the chances of petty drama are high during the process.

What would Celticsblog be without petty drama?  We need something to take over now that the draft is almost concluded. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2009, 10:46:17 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
unfortunately, i predict this causes drama.  glad to see nick is running this and i think he will do a really good job monitoring, editing, and all that other good stuff.

You know, I imagine Darth Vader was not such a negative nancy. I bet he was a positive polly.

I bet he saw the glass half full. Dark and twisted, but half full.

just being honest.  the idea is out there and there are already people thinking about themselves rather than the hall.

i hope it works out and feel confident it will with nick at the helm, however, i think the chances of petty drama are high during the process.

I dont think there will be drama, I see this being recognition of peoples contributions to the blog and something for new people to strive for not for people to get mad if they arent in.  Course maybe Im a glass half full kind of guy
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2009, 10:48:04 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

What would Celticsblog be without petty drama?  We need something to take over now that the draft is almost concluded. ;)

Well, I don't think there will be any drama when your introduced Roy. When are you eligible?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2009, 10:49:51 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Personally I think a member should at least have a couple of stars before being considered.

You know how you have to be retired for a certain ammount of years before somebody can be considered??

Do you think we should have a stars/TP level in order to be deemed worthy of consideration?
How active you are certainly should matter. But quality is more important than quantity.

For example I posted a ton in game threads when I was watching the games on my computer at home. Most of those were one liners like, stupid shot Pierce or nice pass Ray!

« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2009, 10:50:20 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Well, I don't think there will be any drama when your introduced Roy. When are you eligible?

I'm not sure.  I think the staff is going to leave a lot of the criteria / qualifications stuff up to nick. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I vote we put all mods in immediately. Thus paving the way for mod conspiracy drama to carry us through to opening day!

8)

« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2009, 10:52:44 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

I vote we put all mods in immediately. Thus paving the way for mod conspiracy drama to carry us through to opening day!

8)

We should put all mods in but one, and not tell him why he was excluded.  That would *really* cause some drama. ;)

« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2009, 10:53:59 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I'm not sure.  I think the staff is going to leave a lot of the criteria / qualifications stuff up to nick. 

I'm really campaigning hard for the "Automatic disqualifications for Norman Dale as your avatar or a user name based on a Robert Redford movie" rule. It's received mixed reviews.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
an idea for nick and others.....when someone is in the hall, they should have some type of logo or indicator next to their name, signifying their accomplishment.  just a classy touch if u ask me

« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2009, 10:55:53 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Yeah, what's the story behind "Roy Hobbs" Do you just love that movie?

« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have a vision for how this could work and in time it will come about with some hard work and of course the blessings of jeff and the rest of the staff. I love Jeff's idea at looking back at each year and picking out some of his most memorable stuff from those years. That can and will be continued.

I would also like to think that will will have separate child boards for permanent members in the HOF that might include a brief CB biography on that person(if they care to add any real biographic information that will of course be welcomed but never expected), some of their best and most famous pots, threads, and contributions. Another child board for HOF quality posts, interviews, front page articles, threads, and so forth I think will also available. And off course their will be an interactive area for member and guest comments.    

As for the question I think many will be wondering about, who makes it into the HOF, that I believe is still very much up in the air and probably should not be worried about. There are still so many who have come before us that still need mentioning that we probably have years worth of inductees to bring in that we of the current membership probably don't have to worry about our induction anytime soon.

I will probably be opening threads for suggestions for nominations for thread of the year, front page story of the year, fanpost of the year, post of the year and so on so look for those in the future.

There will be a lot of work to be put into this to get it going properly and it will be a work in progress for some time, so I ask some patience and cooperation. Do know that when it is done, it will be something Celticsblog will be proud of and should give even the most casual of observer hours of entertainment and knowledge.

« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2009, 10:57:17 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
an idea for nick and others.....when someone is in the hall, they should have some type of logo or indicator next to their name, signifying their accomplishment.  just a classy touch if u ask me

Hmm... A lightsaber perhaps?

« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2009, 10:57:19 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

It's a great movie, but "Roy Hobbs" is Paul Pierce's nickname among the training staff, and it's also the name he uses at hotels on the road. 

« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2009, 10:58:01 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

It's a great movie, but "Roy Hobbs" is Paul Pierce's nickname among the training staff, and it's also the name he uses at hotels on the road. 

Really? haha. How'd you find that out?

« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2009, 10:58:47 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Yup, I think this probably just more a part of the Mod conspiracy adding HOF to their titles to give them even more power for next years CB Draft.  

I also suggest winners of the CB draft get an auto induction into the HOF.  Because next year we need to add more of a reward to the league because I feel like the competitive juices werent really goin this year
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16