Author Topic: How many PPG will Brogdon avg this year  (Read 2459 times)

Re: How many PPG will Brogdon avg this year
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 12:21:14 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I'd be happy with career averages of 15.5/4.2/4.8, hopefully more than his career average of 56 games.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2022, 02:18:58 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
15 ppg 5 apg

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2022, 02:19:33 PM »

Online aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
I'm saying 13-14 and he shoots a high percentage (47 or up).  What I'm interested in is the over/under on games healthy.  Him and Timelord staying healthy may be the key to the season,.

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2022, 03:39:54 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I'm saying 13-14 and he shoots a high percentage (47 or up).  What I'm interested in is the over/under on games healthy.  Him and Timelord staying healthy may be the key to the season,.

I agree with this.  His career average 55.5 games per season, about 67% availability.  This is mostly as a starter and mostly at 30+ min per game.

I have been wondering about it this way.  Where is depth going to be a bigger issue.  Both Horford and RWill seem vulnerable to injuries or just needing some minutes management.  If we don't have one of them, it probably is going to mean more minutes for Vonleh, quite a downgrade (I assume Gallinari and Grant are playing regular minutes in any case).  If Brogdon is out, we can play White or Pritchard more, really no big deal.  But if Smart or Brown or Tatum go down, we end up needing Brogdon a lot more.  If Brogdon is available, no problem, but he will be forced to play more.

I expect more issues with the bigs.  Horford and RWill are going to miss time.  I am also somewhat concerned that we don't really have a back up for Tatum.  The back up would be Brown forcing Brogdon into more minutes to replace Brown which would wear him down and then he as to sit out.  That is how I see Brogdon's durability becoming an issue.  If he stays as a bench player, we can manage it but if we are forced to play him more, he may not hold up.

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2022, 04:59:27 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523

I agree with this.  His career average 55.5 games per season, about 67% availability.  This is mostly as a starter and mostly at 30+ min per game.

I have been wondering about it this way.  Where is depth going to be a bigger issue.  Both Horford and RWill seem vulnerable to injuries or just needing some minutes management.  If we don't have one of them, it probably is going to mean more minutes for Vonleh, quite a downgrade (I assume Gallinari and Grant are playing regular minutes in any case).  If Brogdon is out, we can play White or Pritchard more, really no big deal.  But if Smart or Brown or Tatum go down, we end up needing Brogdon a lot more.  If Brogdon is available, no problem, but he will be forced to play more.

I expect more issues with the bigs.  Horford and RWill are going to miss time.  I am also somewhat concerned that we don't really have a back up for Tatum.  The back up would be Brown forcing Brogdon into more minutes to replace Brown which would wear him down and then he as to sit out.  That is how I see Brogdon's durability becoming an issue.  If he stays as a bench player, we can manage it but if we are forced to play him more, he may not hold up.

I know Brogdon’s durability has been an issue, I don’t really know what his specific injuries/ailments have been and whether there’s been a pattern of missed games later in the season related to wearing down.  Would be interested if someone could provide a rundown of his injuries and thoughts about whether lessening his minutes and games might help with likelihood of availability come playoffs.

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2022, 05:22:31 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

I know Brogdon’s durability has been an issue, I don’t really know what his specific injuries/ailments have been and whether there’s been a pattern of missed games later in the season related to wearing down.  Would be interested if someone could provide a rundown of his injuries and thoughts about whether lessening his minutes and games might help with likelihood of availability come playoffs.

It looks like a lot of Hammy and Achilles problems...

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2022, 12:31:09 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I bet his scoring numbers this year look similar to his numbers his last year in Milwaukee. 15.6 ppg 50/40/90 in 29 minutes off the bench.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008