Author Topic: Heat (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) ECF Game #6 5/27/22  (Read 46768 times)

Re: Heat (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) ECF Game #6 5/27/22
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2022, 10:48:42 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Zack Zarba reffing the game tonight. He can be bad but I expect an OK whistle tonight since ESPN is all in on Tatum promos this week.

I'm fine with Zarba - the NBA's intensions would have been obvious with Tony Brothers or Scott Foster - all this being said lets just ice this game early so Ref involvement is a non-factor!

Wasn’t gonna be Foster as he reffed last night, but I was expecting to see Brothers. I’m also fine with Zarba, before game 3 of the Bucks series I thought he was a pretty solid official. I shouldn’t pull a complete 180 off one game.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2022, 12:01:54 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I'm listening to Dray and Scal and about every talking head the sports world can ask, and everyone is saying, "it's all over."
It's gonna be the Warriors and Celtics. While everyone is plotting and planning what each team has to do to win the series.

"Boston is bigger."

"The Warriors shoot better and have been there before."

"The Celtics are younger with younger legs and they defend better."

On and on the talk goes. I just hope the young Celtics aren't listening. Cause this can go sideways really quickly. Our young Celtics would become poster-children for any team choking. And it would effect them for years to come.

Please coaching staff, be aware of this.

You are right.  I hate all this talk too.  Even on this blog, where people should know better, there are multiple threads or posts analyzing the GSW-BOS match up already.  STOP, there is plenty of time for that later.

I acknowledge that the Celtics are in a very good position.  It is on a silver platter for them.  But that is going to seem far in the past if we start the game 1-9 with 5 turnovers or something like that while the Heat run off 4 or 5 straight 3s.

I really believe that the Celtics players, coaches, management, trainers, ball boys, everyone, understand this too but as a team, they can't even let those thought get in their heads for even a second.  Don't even crack the door.  The Heat are going to be desperate and they going to pounce if we let down even 1% from how we can play.  Don't let that happen.

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2022, 12:08:08 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Zack Zarba reffing the game tonight. He can be bad but I expect an OK whistle tonight since ESPN is all in on Tatum promos this week.

I'm fine with Zarba - the NBA's intensions would have been obvious with Tony Brothers or Scott Foster - all this being said lets just ice this game early so Ref involvement is a non-factor!

Wasn’t gonna be Foster as he reffed last night, but I was expecting to see Brothers. I’m also fine with Zarba, before game 3 of the Bucks series I thought he was a pretty solid official. I shouldn’t pull a complete 180 off one game.

Yeah, I was fine with Zarba before that Bucks game.  He has a chance for redemption with me, but man was that game called poorly.

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2022, 12:11:39 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
I'm listening to Dray and Scal and about every talking head the sports world can ask, and everyone is saying, "it's all over."
It's gonna be the Warriors and Celtics. While everyone is plotting and planning what each team has to do to win the series.

"Boston is bigger."

They need to use game 3 as an example this aint over at all.

On and on the talk goes. I just hope the young Celtics aren't listening. Cause this can go sideways really quickly. Our young Celtics would become poster-children for any team choking. And it would effect them for years to come.

You are right.  I hate all this talk too.  Even on this blog, where people should know better, there are multiple threads or posts analyzing the GSW-BOS match up already.  STOP, there is plenty of time for that later.

I acknowledge that the Celtics are in a very good position.  It is on a silver platter for them.  But that is going to seem far in the past if we start the game 1-9 with 5 turnovers or something like that while the Heat run off 4 or 5 straight 3s.

I really believe that the Celtics players, coaches, management, trainers, ball boys, everyone, understand this too but as a team, they can't even let those thought get in their heads for even a second.  Don't even crack the door.  The Heat are going to be desperate and they going to pounce if we let down even 1% from how we can play.  Don't let that happen.

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2022, 12:19:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

"Boston is bigger."

+1 agree 1000%

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2022, 12:26:11 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

"Boston is bigger."

You are right.  I hate all this talk too. Even on this blog, where people should know better, there are multiple threads or posts analyzing the GSW-BOS match up already. STOP, there is plenty of time for that later.

i get you are scared. i understand completely. but nobody here is playing tonight in TD garden and if some poster on this site which i am sure no celtics even know or care about lets something posted here affect them then we have bigger issues.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2022, 12:47:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Gotta let it all hang out tonight. I'm expecting big games from everyone!

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2022, 12:52:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Brothers was in the replay center for Game 5 so I think that's why he isn't there today. He was still technically part of that Game 5 crew just not on the floor. I'll take it!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2022, 01:10:18 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Don’t matter who the refs are, play your game & win will win
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2022, 01:14:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Don’t matter who the refs are, play your game & win will win

Yep. Also your username made me remember, this was just a little over 9 years ago when PG13 dunked over Miami's Birdman lol:

Those Heat-Pacers series were always entertaining. Wish the Pacers won though
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2022, 01:16:45 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Let's GO Celts!!! Any word on Smart and RWIII availability?

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2022, 01:20:39 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

"Boston is bigger."

You are right.  I hate all this talk too. Even on this blog, where people should know better, there are multiple threads or posts analyzing the GSW-BOS match up already. STOP, there is plenty of time for that later.

i get you are scared. i understand completely. but nobody here is playing tonight in TD garden and if some poster on this site which i am sure no celtics even know or care about lets something posted here affect them then we have bigger issues.

What you say is logical and rational but I am far more superstitious or whatever than that.  This is no time to be messing around with Karma or to be sending the wrong message to the basketball gods.   I do not plan to give any thought whatsoever to GSW or the finals schedule or anything like that out of respect to the basketball karma gods.   And I suggest that is the best course of action for any and all Celtics fans to follow.

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2022, 01:28:52 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
They're saying the right things.

Derrick White on people saying series is over: "That's just the nature of the game. You lose 1 game, they think you're done. You win one game, they think you're gonna win it all. So just trying to stay consistent, not get too high, not get too low, not really listening to that."

Grant Williams: "You can't look past a team at any stage. You can't think about the next game, against this team especially. This is a team that is going to come out and give you their best punch. You have to be able to withstand that and compete through it."

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2022, 01:33:31 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Anthony Chiang@Anthony_Chiang

Erik Spoelstra says he will stick with the starting lineup of Lowry, Strus, Butler, Tucker and Adebayo tonight.

A lot of people have said he should sit Lowry.

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2022, 01:34:59 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Gotta let it all hang out tonight. I'm expecting big games from everyone!

me too. REDEMPTION TIME!

THE REVENGE TOUR CONTINUES

THese are not the kids who choked at home in a game 7 against the cavs in 2018. They are tired of hearing how they blew a 2-0 then 3-2 lead that series. They are tired of hearing how we blew a 3-2 lead in 2012 against the heat.

That is not happening tonight. JT and crew will be mad, angry and ready. They are tired of hearing how this is our 4th ECF in 6 years and still have not made it over the hump.

IT IS PAST TIME.

IT IS OUR TIME

OUR TIME IS NOW!

TD GARDEN will be buzzing and we sill sting the miami heat like a mad hornets nest tonight.

GREEN RUNS DEEP

C US RISE

IT'S NOT LUCK

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

time to put all past demons to bed

TONIGHT

IT IS GOING DOWN
LET'S GO CELTICS!