Poll

You alone decide: should Ime go?

Yes….right now!
21 (21%)
Maybe, but not right now.
33 (33%)
No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
38 (38%)
No way, love the guy.
8 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: February 23, 2022, 05:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Ime has got to go!  (Read 82251 times)

Re: Ime has got to go!
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2022, 12:20:24 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Ime looked better and more relaxed yesterday. I think you start Schroder till the deadline if keeps playing well and we are winning. I say keep him unless he offer is to big. 2 seconds i say ride the season with him.. I'd call Dallas and offer Smart for Brunson. I thnk he is the type we need with the Jays. Tyus Jones would be a dream too.I thnik the both would make any coach look better.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2022, 01:46:29 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Ime looked better and more relaxed yesterday. I think you start Schroder till the deadline if keeps playing well and we are winning. I say keep him unless he offer is to big. 2 seconds i say ride the season with him.. I'd call Dallas and offer Smart for Brunson. I thnk he is the type we need with the Jays. Tyus Jones would be a dream too.I thnik the both would make any coach look better.

Ime was up against a rookie coach as well. Just proves that Ime isn’t terrible. He can take a more talented squad and win like he’s supposed to
- LilRip

« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2022, 06:27:05 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Ime has nothing to work with, so it’s really not his fault…got one of the worst bench in NBA..no scoring PG..

Schroder is averaging 16pts per game off the bench. Which teams do you think have a better bench rotation then Schroder, Richardson, Grant Williams and Kanter? I bet there aren’t many.  The coach has plenty to work with and the defense has been solid for a while now. The issue is Ime isn’t good when it comes to the offensive end.

I suspect when people talk "bench" they are referring to Nesmith, Langford, Pritchard and the deep bench. Because Schroder, JRich, Freedom and GWill have gotten decent game time and have done well. If you talk about a 9 man playoff rotation we actually have a decent one. The issue is people want to see those 3 rookies in action because they expected big leaps from them and they aren't seeing them.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2022, 10:20:53 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Not my coach, never has been.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2022, 10:40:34 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Ime has nothing to work with, so it’s really not his fault…got one of the worst bench in NBA..no scoring PG..

Schroder is averaging 16pts per game off the bench. Which teams do you think have a better bench rotation then Schroder, Richardson, Grant Williams and Kanter? I bet there aren’t many.  The coach has plenty to work with and the defense has been solid for a while now. The issue is Ime isn’t good when it comes to the offensive end.

I suspect when people talk "bench" they are referring to Nesmith, Langford, Pritchard and the deep bench. Because Schroder, JRich, Freedom and GWill have gotten decent game time and have done well. If you talk about a 9 man playoff rotation we actually have a decent one. The issue is people want to see those 3 rookies in action because they expected big leaps from them and they aren't seeing them.

Yeah, I don’t understand worrying about 3rd stringers. Let them develop in the G-league. C’s just need to win games at this point and it’s really difficult with the current coach. He’s playing checkers out there.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2022, 10:55:46 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Wonder who's Ime gonna blame tonight lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2022, 10:57:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Pritchard, Nesmith and Romeo aren't rookies.

« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2022, 11:11:42 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2022, 11:16:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Wonder who's Ime gonna blame tonight lol
Apparently everyone!

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1484003596941279233?cxt=HHwWgoCykZXanpgpAAAA

If they don't do what he tells them to do he whines to the media but still keeps them in the game.

Wikipedia: Basketball coaching is the act of directing and strategizing the behavior of a basketball team or individual basketball player. ... Coaches also have the responsibility to improve their team by player development, strategy, and in-game management. Coaches also teach and inspire their team to be their best.

« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2022, 11:21:26 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2022, 11:28:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Plumlee is the Hornet's only center and he only played 28 minutes and yet somehow we had to play two centers at times. Ime seems to go away from advantageous matchups.

« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2022, 07:51:56 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Plumlee is the Hornet's only center and he only played 28 minutes and yet somehow we had to play two centers at times. Ime seems to go away from advantageous matchups.
Man, if they could just get a good center ...

A good center (top 15) and a quality bench could make that team a contender to win the East.

Their main 4 guys are really good. They need more help though.

« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2022, 01:12:15 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
He probably wanted to take advantage of the Hornets' lack of size, but he trotted out two big lineups without ever dumping it to his bigs down low. What's the point of playing Old Chevys if you won't let them go to work?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2022, 01:43:29 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
https://halfcourthoops.substack.com/p/boston-celtics-atos-creative-guard

Not passing judgement on the specifics of the article but interesting points.

"The Boston Celtics are currently the #1 team in the NBA in After Time Out scenarios scoring 1.01 PPP currently."

At least one thing that reflects well on the coaching.

« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2022, 07:59:06 PM »

Kiorrik

https://halfcourthoops.substack.com/p/boston-celtics-atos-creative-guard

Not passing judgement on the specifics of the article but interesting points.

"The Boston Celtics are currently the #1 team in the NBA in After Time Out scenarios scoring 1.01 PPP currently."

At least one thing that reflects well on the coaching.

What.

Meanwhile literally everyone and their mother on this blog hates his outta timeout stuff hahahaha