Author Topic: If the coach won’t play a guy when up +24…  (Read 4378 times)

Re: If the coach won’t play a guy when up +24…
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2022, 08:14:55 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
… in the 4th, they shouldn’t be on the roster.  We can’t keep running our guys into the ground.

Who would you have wanted to see get some run here?

Any of the seven guys on the bench.  If they can’t help, they shouldn’t be playing.

Specifically, Parker was available.  Juancho.  If those aren’t NBA level players, get rid of them.

Parker has shown he can play. He had a great game vs the Bucks. I don’t understand why he can’t get some minutes specially when the team is in a scoring drought, specially now that the team is undermannned as well.

On a .500 team, wouldn’t it be more useful to use the 14th & 15th slots on guys like Reed or Boston (whom we could have taken the last few drafts) than Parker?

Besides, Matthews has shown he can play too (and better), and we kept Parker over him, if I recall.

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2022, 08:48:09 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Didn't Phoenix play their starters until there was about 30 seconds left in the game? I would say that's another layer to this.

Yeah. I don’t know what role that played in Ime’s thinking, but from my POV I would not have wanted to risk the team coughing up more of the lead and then putting the starters back in up by 5-10 points and expecting them to hold on. Needed this win.

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2022, 02:43:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Brown playing the entire 4th quarter was just bad, especially when Booker and Bridges played less than 7 minutes for the Suns. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2022, 01:40:27 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
We’ve actually seen the deep bench give up seemingly insurmountable leads in the fourth on more than one occasion this year.  This is the NBA; teams can erase bug leads in the blink of an eye against the regulars.  Sorry, you don’t put in the bench buys until the last three mins or so. 

And yeah right, I guess you can go find a bunch of other guys that don’t belong on the roster if you don’t like these ones.