Author Topic: When should the seat start to get hot?  (Read 8599 times)

Re: When should the seat start to get hot?
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2021, 10:19:53 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
C’s go 4-42 from 3pt with 26 points scored in the paint. Clippers shoot 11-28 from 3pt and had 54 points in the paint. This is the same thing that happened last game, only worse. Maybe take higher percentage shots? Play to guys strengths? I know many on this site have been watching the C’s a lot longer than I have, but has there been a worse head coach for the C’s?

How can the GM and owners of a team that has made the playoffs several years in a row hire someone who has never been a head coach at any level?  It just doesn’t make any sense.

To be honest, I'd make them shoot 3s for a good 5-6 hours on end tomorrow.

(Solution isn't to not shoot threes. Solution is to shoot better than 9%)

Do you think if Shaq shot FT’s for hours during practice he would have shot 80% from the line instead of 50%? Look at the players on this team. How many of them have been good 3pt shooters during their careers? Tatum, Brown, and....? This team has never had the shooters you need to play the way they are trying to. Now look at the teams who are successful playing that way such as the Suns, Jazz, and Warriors. The difference? They have excellent shooters!

It doesn’t matter how good the looks are for the C’s. Those are bad shots for the majority of the players. Then you have Grant who is having a great season from deep after being mediocre the last two and he has 1 shot attempt from 3pt the whole game? The coach has no clue.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 10:28:34 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2021, 10:30:22 PM »

Kiorrik

C’s go 4-42 from 3pt with 26 points scored in the paint. Clippers shoot 11-28 from 3pt and had 54 points in the paint. This is the same thing that happened last game, only worse. Maybe take higher percentage shots? Play to guys strengths? I know many on this site have been watching the C’s a lot longer than I have, but has there been a worse head coach for the C’s?

How can the GM and owners of a team that has made the playoffs several years in a row hire someone who has never been a head coach at any level?  It just doesn’t make any sense.

To be honest, I'd make them shoot 3s for a good 5-6 hours on end tomorrow.

(Solution isn't to not shoot threes. Solution is to shoot better than 9%)

Do you really believe they don't practice their 3 point shots enough?  That seems to be the only shot they practice, especially pre-game.  This team is in a deep funk, and has lost complete confidence in itself.   Hope they can dig themselves out soon.

After a 9% game? Yes I believe it sends a message. Maybe a silly one, but that's why I'm not an NBA head coach.

Also it was a lil tongue-in-cheek cuz this isn't some basketball movie where you make lazy players run suicides all practice.

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2021, 11:46:52 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Abby:”How did you feel about the shots you guys were taking?”

Ime: thought they were great looks, they played a lot of zone, we played unselfish and attacked the basket, they collapsed and we missed some wide open shots. More than you can count.”

Least Perk called him out for the bad coaching.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3OgYR_aNoRA
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.