Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 569738 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #930 on: December 16, 2021, 09:37:34 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Bulls should either forfeit or the league should let them call up a bunch of players from the GLeague to fill in slots.  Hornets shouldn't have to suffer because Bulls can't field a team.  Last year should have been a 1 time thing on that.  Now it is just the cost of doing business.
a forfeit would seem to be a reasonable response.  the question I have though is how are the fans compensated for the player's reckless disregard of covid protocols?  sure, ticket refund is obvious and probably a refund to the media outlets covering those forfeited games but I think there needs to be more and it needs to come out of the players' pockets to drive home the point that they need to pay attention to the protocols.  perhaps refund tickets at double the cost and the media outlets at 1.5 times the broadcast rights for the game.  hit them in the wallet and you'll see the players toe the line with staying as healthy as possible.
The players could be following protocols and still be getting exposed to COVID and catching it. Once one player gets it, you got think most of the team will if not caught in time and the player isolated.
are they though?  most people are just out and about without masks nowadays.  I've been vaxxed and boosted and admit to not masking unless I'm going into a business that has a sign posted that requires it.  I still keep my distance and have been fortunate not to catch this but if I was in a made a living at something that required I be around other people I'd be a lot more diligent about masking in public.
Players are still around family, friends and people they work with who could be exposing them to the disease. You make it sound like the only time they are exposed is if they are out in public. That's definitely not true. Players most likely are getting at home or from another player they play with....or maybe against.

And someone can correct me if I am wrong, but if you are an NBA player and have gotten the vaccine, you only get tested once a week. That's why whole teams can get infected. If someone gets it from their kid and brings it into the locker room the day after team testing, it can infect almost the whole team before the next testing date.
The NFL tests vaccinated players every Monday, I don't think the NBA tests them at all unless they have symptoms or a close contact with someone that is positive.

NBA tests weekly for vaccinated, daily for unvaccinated.  Beginning this weekend, they will be testing daily for anyone who isn’t boosted.

« Reply #931 on: December 16, 2021, 09:52:27 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bulls should either forfeit or the league should let them call up a bunch of players from the GLeague to fill in slots.  Hornets shouldn't have to suffer because Bulls can't field a team.  Last year should have been a 1 time thing on that.  Now it is just the cost of doing business.
a forfeit would seem to be a reasonable response.  the question I have though is how are the fans compensated for the player's reckless disregard of covid protocols?  sure, ticket refund is obvious and probably a refund to the media outlets covering those forfeited games but I think there needs to be more and it needs to come out of the players' pockets to drive home the point that they need to pay attention to the protocols.  perhaps refund tickets at double the cost and the media outlets at 1.5 times the broadcast rights for the game.  hit them in the wallet and you'll see the players toe the line with staying as healthy as possible.
The players could be following protocols and still be getting exposed to COVID and catching it. Once one player gets it, you got think most of the team will if not caught in time and the player isolated.
are they though?  most people are just out and about without masks nowadays.  I've been vaxxed and boosted and admit to not masking unless I'm going into a business that has a sign posted that requires it.  I still keep my distance and have been fortunate not to catch this but if I was in a made a living at something that required I be around other people I'd be a lot more diligent about masking in public.
Players are still around family, friends and people they work with who could be exposing them to the disease. You make it sound like the only time they are exposed is if they are out in public. That's definitely not true. Players most likely are getting at home or from another player they play with....or maybe against.

And someone can correct me if I am wrong, but if you are an NBA player and have gotten the vaccine, you only get tested once a week. That's why whole teams can get infected. If someone gets it from their kid and brings it into the locker room the day after team testing, it can infect almost the whole team before the next testing date.
The NFL tests vaccinated players every Monday, I don't think the NBA tests them at all unless they have symptoms or a close contact with someone that is positive.

NBA tests weekly for vaccinated, daily for unvaccinated.  Beginning this weekend, they will be testing daily for anyone who isn’t boosted.
TP. Thanks C2021. That's what I thought

« Reply #932 on: December 16, 2021, 11:10:30 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Just saw the ending of the Pels-Thunder game.  It was yet another reminder that while GMs will tank, and coaches sometimes tank, players never tank.  Crazy finish!

« Reply #933 on: December 16, 2021, 12:05:46 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Kevin Knox is the fourth Knick in Covid protocols.  Hopefully they don't have too many more such that our game Saturday gets postponed (and hopefully they don't spread it to the C's!)

« Reply #934 on: December 16, 2021, 12:19:51 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Just saw the ending of the Pels-Thunder game.  It was yet another reminder that while GMs will tank, and coaches sometimes tank, players never tank.  Crazy finish!
Amazing shot.  They actually called a play for that.

I don't really get why New Orleans is as bad as they are, even without Zion.  I mean Ingram is a 24 year old former all star, #1 scoring type option.  They have Valanciunas in his prime.  Graham, Hart, NAW, Satorarnsky, Temple, Jones, Lewis, Hayes, etc. which are solid role players (or recent lottery picks).  They obviously shouldn't be a contender, but they feel like they should be a lot better than 9-21 with the talent they have, even without Zion. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #935 on: December 17, 2021, 10:29:50 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1441
T-Wolves taking it to the Lakers early on. Towns and Davis are battling...Two former first overall picks from Kentucky. Entertaining game so far, No IT sightings.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #936 on: December 17, 2021, 10:33:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
With the season Steph and KD are having, these guys are cementing their legacies as two of the all-time greats and its even more clear that the GSW team with both of them was quite possibly the greatest team ever.

« Reply #937 on: December 17, 2021, 10:51:56 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
IT entered the game and received a standing ovation. Made a couple of nice plays. So far he has 7pts in 8 mins.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 11:39:45 PM by Goldstar88 »
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #938 on: December 17, 2021, 11:37:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Kind of feel like the nba should pause the schedule for a week and figure out this Covid stuff. It’s kind of ruining the competitive balance of the league when they make the magic or bucks play with literal ten day contract guys

« Reply #939 on: December 17, 2021, 11:43:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
Kind of feel like the nba should pause the schedule for a week and figure out this Covid stuff. It’s kind of ruining the competitive balance of the league when they make the magic or bucks play with literal ten day contract guys

Exactly. It's a farce and fans paying to attend those games are getting ripped off.

« Reply #940 on: December 17, 2021, 11:58:59 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Exactly. It's a farce and fans paying to attend those games are getting ripped off.

Why can’t they just push it back a way. The magic literally signed 4 players on hardship contracts but they would not beat a high level division 1 team with what they put out today. (And that was with the heat down like 6 players)

« Reply #941 on: December 18, 2021, 01:16:04 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Anthony Davis suffered what appeared to be a bad knee contusion. And they also got blown out 110-92 by the Wolves tonight

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #942 on: December 18, 2021, 10:16:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
But “small” is a relative term. Westbrook, LeBron, and Davis all have great size for their positions. The issue has been less how they fit with each other and more how they do with a center. They have a net rating of plus-11.4 without Dwight and DeAndre compared to minus-7.2 with DeAndre and minus-19 with Dwight.

« Reply #943 on: December 18, 2021, 10:19:00 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Why can’t they just push it back a way. The magic literally signed 4 players on hardship contracts but they would not beat a high level division 1 team with what they put out today. (And that was with the heat down like 6 players)

Magic just beat the Nets.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 10:26:06 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #944 on: December 18, 2021, 10:51:13 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Anthony Davis suffered what appeared to be a bad knee contusion. And they also got blown out 110-92 by the Wolves tonight

He’s out 4 weeks with a sprained MCL. The injuries keep coming.