Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 558614 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #855 on: December 05, 2021, 11:45:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Portland again looks like the most disappointing team in NBA..they have been the last few years..Will Dame be traded to Philly or New York or will they keep him?

He better not go to Phili. If he does, the Sixers are finals contenders for the next 5 years.

I have a feeling Portland will blow it up come trade deadline. Nance Jr could be a nice target for the Cs.
I doubt it.  I think they will move Lillard and see what they look like.  Or they will move McCollum and other players to really go in around Lillard.  I don't think they are going to go crazy and move everyone.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #856 on: December 05, 2021, 12:00:58 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 89
Portland again looks like the most disappointing team in NBA..they have been the last few years..Will Dame be traded to Philly or New York or will they keep him?

He better not go to Phili. If he does, the Sixers are finals contenders for the next 5 years.

I have a feeling Portland will blow it up come trade deadline. Nance Jr could be a nice target for the Cs.
I doubt it.  I think they will move Lillard and see what they look like.  Or they will move McCollum and other players to really go in around Lillard.  I don't think they are going to go crazy and move everyone.

Yet so many were clamoring for Chauncey over Ime and 20/20 hindsighting as recently as a few weeks ago that Chauncey should have been the choice.

They both have had to deal with injury to Star players as 1st year coaches, but it’s looking as the sample size is getting bigger and we’re past 20 games that Ime is the one that weathered adversity better and was the right choice for this team.

To me at least.

« Reply #857 on: December 05, 2021, 05:00:04 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Portland had one of the best offenses under Stotts, but you need to have an average to above average defense to go deep into the playoffs. With Lillard, McCollum, Nurkic, Carmelo, Simons, Kanter, etc. the personnel just wasn’t good enough defensively to improve position.

Olshey should have been surrounding the Lillard/McCollum core with above average defenders, instead he emphasized shooting/spacing from below average defenders (a.k.a the Kemba and Fournier route). Chauncey is trying to instill defense into a team that isn’t built to defend and is a 1st round exit in the West. Now, they’re going to have to be very resourceful with what they have (McCollum for Simmons?) or blow it up.

« Reply #858 on: December 05, 2021, 05:31:21 PM »

Kiorrik

Yet so many were clamoring for Chauncey over Ime and 20/20 hindsighting as recently as a few weeks ago that Chauncey should have been the choice.

They both have had to deal with injury to Star players as 1st year coaches, but it’s looking as the sample size is getting bigger and we’re past 20 games that Ime is the one that weathered adversity better and was the right choice for this team.

To me at least.

Another reason why my signature says "patience".

In all my life I've never seen as knee-jerky a group of people as sports fans.

If I'd meat someone at work, that'd act like we do here, I'd 100% run the opposite direction. No way I'd wanna work with someone that "10 games into the job" clamours for someone to be fired.

That's now how life works y'all. Give people time to acclimatise. I know it's your precious franchise but heck, you should want the best for it. And sometimes, that means letting things come together for a bit. Fighting through adversity. Not scapegoating people "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS" if they mess up.

« Reply #859 on: December 05, 2021, 06:47:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Ante Zizic is only 24 now. Seems like he was drafted 10 years ago. LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc7ZKj37TXM

« Reply #860 on: December 05, 2021, 07:47:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Ante Zizic is only 24 now. Seems like he was drafted 10 years ago. LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc7ZKj37TXM

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #861 on: December 05, 2021, 10:32:29 PM »

Kiorrik

Calling it early;

JT 'bout to 50-bomb the Lakers.

« Reply #862 on: December 06, 2021, 01:02:56 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #863 on: December 07, 2021, 01:21:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
C's finally out of the play-in grouping - in a good way.  need to see them continue to climb into a HCA spot.

« Reply #864 on: December 08, 2021, 12:20:59 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

« Reply #865 on: December 08, 2021, 12:33:49 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
CJ Mccollum with a collapsed lung apparently suffered during the Celtics game:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32816636/portland-trail-blazers-guard-cj-mccollum-ct-scan-reveals-collapsed-right-lung

That's too bad. Time to break it up Portland. It's just not happening.

« Reply #866 on: December 08, 2021, 12:38:41 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

To me at least.
Another reason why my signature says "patience".

In all my life I've never seen as knee-jerky a group of people as sports fans.

If I'd meat someone at work, that'd act like we do here, I'd 100% run the opposite direction. No way I'd wanna work with someone that "10 games into the job" clamours for someone to be fired.

That's now how life works y'all. Give people time to acclimatise. I know it's your precious franchise but heck, you should want the best for it. And sometimes, that means letting things come together for a bit. Fighting through adversity. Not scapegoating people "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS" if they mess up.
Or you could be advocating against hiring any of those vibe men and actually hope that the team can bring in a proven candidate who can lead us through this period of uncertainty with a steady hand? Our club has never been a franchise that hires unproven candidates in the name of an ideal - we have always picked on merit and that meant choosing individuals with underappreciated traits that went against the grain at the time, yet churned out results:

Bill Russell won at every level before the pros with his defensive style of verticality in an era where black athletes were doubted and the ideal centre was the carbon copy of George Mikan as a two-way force.

Dave Cowens excelled at the centre position in university despite concerns about him being undersized (side note: he wasn't even that small - he was 6'9 without shoes, but teams during that time were obsessed with height).

Larry Bird was an offensive prodigy with unspectacular athletic traits who powered Indiana State to success before turning pro in an era where athleticism for wings was valued while defensive anchors like Nate Thurmond, Bill Walton and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar were the key to success.

Kevin Garnett was seen as a player who put up empty numbers and was criticised to no end for his shortcomings as a scorer while the Celtics saw that he was one of the finest passers, shooters, and defenders among big men in league history and would supercharge any half-decent team to title contention.

Besides being having a heavily-hyped stint under one of the greatest coaches of all time where it's extremely difficult to parse through what impact he had on the team, our current coach's CV consists of having teams improve significantly on defence after he leaves them as their defensive coordinator.

If I'd meet someone at work and see them act like our ownership and management, I'd 100% run in the opposite direction - I have no vibes even though I'm incompetent :( :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #867 on: December 08, 2021, 12:46:49 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I'd like to see Theis traded to Memphis.  They could use another big and Theis would be a good fit there...really like that team and remain a fan of Theis as a bench big.

« Reply #868 on: December 08, 2021, 06:00:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Jeanie buss had a strange comment on Lakers today. Saying she wouldn’t make any decisions on their team until they are fully healthy. They are literally one of the healthiest teams in the league right now, which is extra crazy given
They have the leagues oldest roster. In what world does your teams fate rest on Trevor Arica or Nunn?

« Reply #869 on: December 08, 2021, 06:06:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I really don't mean to fat-shame, but apparently there was a rumor that Zion is actually 330 pounds (70 pounds greater than Luka who was said to be 260 pounds recently). And then there was this viral pic a few days ago:

And about a week ago they said he had another setback so he's still out for some time. 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller