Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 563863 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #1215 on: January 11, 2022, 08:20:54 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Real good game on NBA TV right now between the Warriors and Grizzlies. Ja Morant is the most exciting player to watch in the League, IMO.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1216 on: January 12, 2022, 05:38:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
Bad news day for stars. George possibly out for season and lillard to have abdominal surgery. There are going to be 1 or 2 really bad teams in west playin. Clippers in a mini rebuild, portland no lillard, Houston, okc, sac, spurs,pelicans. Two of these teams have to make it. This is also another reason the dreams of Celtics tanking are silly.

« Reply #1217 on: January 12, 2022, 09:48:13 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Kuzma with another big game 19pts 9ast 10reb.

Wizards hanging in there at 22 wins 20 losses.

« Reply #1218 on: January 12, 2022, 10:00:13 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Nets vs Bulls at 10pm on ESPN. Should be an interesting game. KD, Harden and Kyrie are all
Playing as are LaVine, Derozan and Vucevic.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 10:11:06 PM by Goldstar88 »
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1219 on: January 12, 2022, 10:49:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Sixers reportedly still pushing hard to move Simmons.

If your the Sixers, what do you do this season? They are rolling without Simmons, and Embiid in particular is flourishing. Do you move Simmons even if teams refuse to give equal value for him? Do you hold on to him until the summer, or do you try to bring him back? I think having him play again with this group would be a mistake and ruin their chemistry. I would try hard to trade him to Toronto for Vanvleet. Vanvleet would be a great fit on the Sixers and Simmons would work well in Toronto.

« Reply #1220 on: January 12, 2022, 11:03:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

If your the Sixers, what do you do this season? They are rolling without Simmons, and Embiid in particular is flourishing. Do you move Simmons even if teams refuse to give equal value for him? Do you hold on to him until the summer, or do you try to bring him back? I think having him play again with this group would be a mistake and ruin their chemistry. I would try hard to trade him to Toronto for Vanvleet. Vanvleet would be a great fit on the Sixers and Simmons would work well in Toronto.
can't see Toronto doing that after it being made public about Simmons goal to play in California.  can't see anyone but the Lakers or Clippers making a move for him and even then it'd be a lowball move.

« Reply #1221 on: January 12, 2022, 11:21:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

can't see Toronto doing that after it being made public about Simmons goal to play in California.  can't see anyone but the Lakers or Clippers making a move for him and even then it'd be a lowball move.

I don't see that as a concern for Toronto. They already gambled on a guy who wanted to  go to LA in Kawhi and it brought them a championship. If they think they can sell Simmons on their city and team, they'll go for it. As is, they aren't going anywhere with their current roster.

« Reply #1222 on: January 13, 2022, 12:01:01 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I don't see that as a concern for Toronto. They already gambled on a guy who wanted to  go to LA in Kawhi and it brought them a championship. If they think they can sell Simmons on their city and team, they'll go for it. As is, they aren't going anywhere with their current roster.

I'd assume they want to build around Scottie Barnes, since there's very vocal support of him on Celticsstrong. I don't know, don't really watch the Raptors.

If they get Ben Simmons...plus Anunouby, Scottie Barnes, and Siakam...That's sick - a whole team of big forwards.

Don't the Raps also have another 6'9 point guard that killed us earlier this season ... and also that Precious Achiuwa guy.

Fred VanVleet has to be very appealing for the 76ers...

As a fan of whacky basketball - loved the Pocket Rockets - I'd like to see this go down. As a Celtics fan...empowering both the 6ers and the Raptors...maybe not so much.

« Reply #1223 on: January 13, 2022, 01:23:59 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Wow, Lakers blew lead and lost to the Kings

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1224 on: January 13, 2022, 03:47:04 AM »

Kiorrik

Wow, Lakers blew lead and lost to the Kings

Ya hate to see it.

Just kidding I had to go get covid checked cuz I'm sick and Celtics win + Lakers loss still equals "BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE"

« Reply #1225 on: January 13, 2022, 03:48:27 AM »

Kiorrik

Btw just noticed - Grizz on a 10 win streak. Impressive.

« Reply #1226 on: January 13, 2022, 07:37:30 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
The Lakers misery almost makes the Celtics struggles palatable.
#JKJB

« Reply #1227 on: January 13, 2022, 08:14:53 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

I don't do that trade if I am Toronto.

VanVleet is more valuable to Toronto than Simmons would be. Toronto desperately needs what VanVleet does in terms of his outside shot making and his dribble drive threat. Simmons does not provide that.

The skills Simmons does provide are already duplicated well with Scottie Barnes, OG Anunoby and Pascal Siakam. Unlike the skills VanVleet provides which nobody else on the team provides.

There is underestimation of VanVleet's role in their offense and just how valuable he is to that team.

There is also an underestimation in the skills he has relative to the rest of the league and how valuable those skills are. His outside shooting is one of the strongest in the league now in terms of accuracy, volume and variety. His ability to shoot 3-5 feet behind the three point line creates much more spacing than other three point shooters. His ability to shoot off the dribble makes defenses have to worry more about him. These skills are what allow VanVleet to take 9 threes a game (huge volume) and he is hitting them at 41%. Phenomenal combination of volume and accuracy.

Then you add the ball-handling, quickness and passing and you have one of the best offensive packages in the league. VanVleet is the engine that runs Toronto's entire offense. Without him, they are one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

« Reply #1228 on: January 13, 2022, 09:06:51 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

they have talent on that roster but I think their situation is similar to the Celtics in that the talent isn't being used properly.  I think Nick Nurse is a much better coach than Ime so I'd cut him more slack about player games lost to Covid.

in a vacuum, Simmons is better than Vanvleet but I don't see Simmons as moving the needle for Toronto enough to justify the mental issues on and off the court before Simmons departs.  Also, giving the Sixers Vanvleet will definitely move the needle for them to be a top team in the East that I don't think Toronto could beat so that's another reason not to do it.

« Reply #1229 on: January 13, 2022, 09:12:17 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Starting to feel like a Nets vs Warriors final is inevitable. Brooklyn completely dismantled the Bulls last night and both teams had all of their star players. Once Klay gets up to speed the Warriors are going to have a ton of fire power and they are probably the deepest team in the league.