Poll

Which trade makes Philly better

Ben for CJ McCollum
11 (47.8%)
Ben for Hield and Haliburton OR Davion Mitchell
12 (52.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Poll: Better trade for Philly Blazers or Sactown  (Read 4057 times)

Re: Poll: Better trade for Philly Blazers or Sactown
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 08:57:33 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Halliburton and Hield are obviously the best deal from Philly's point of view.

Curry is a useful player, but he needs to be paired with a bigger playmaker, at least on a major contender, to be a viable starter. McCollum is the best player here, but with Simmons leaving, pairing him with Curry doesn't really work, so that has to be factored into the valuation.

Halliburton provides a playmaker who can cover bigger 2 guards and fits perfectly with Curry, and you add in another elite shooter with Hield. So you are losing some really elite defense, but adding a huge infusion of shooting and not wasting Curry.

I wouldn't trade Halliburton if I were Sacramento, but if they offered this, Philly should take it. McCollum is an elite scorer, but Halliburton and Hield combined provide even more offensive punch and can't be called role players. They are a better fit.

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 11:10:09 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
For the reg season the Sac trade is better and would lead to more wins however if the 76ers really have championship aspirations they really need a go to perimeter scorer so I voted for the CJ trade.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 12:17:29 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Halliburton and Hield are obviously the best deal from Philly's point of view.

Curry is a useful player, but he needs to be paired with a bigger playmaker, at least on a major contender, to be a viable starter. McCollum is the best player here, but with Simmons leaving, pairing him with Curry doesn't really work, so that has to be factored into the valuation.

Halliburton provides a playmaker who can cover bigger 2 guards and fits perfectly with Curry, and you add in another elite shooter with Hield. So you are losing some really elite defense, but adding a huge infusion of shooting and not wasting Curry.

I wouldn't trade Halliburton if I were Sacramento, but if they offered this, Philly should take it. McCollum is an elite scorer, but Halliburton and Hield combined provide even more offensive punch and can't be called role players. They are a better fit.

Tp,  Td. Good analysis 👍

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 02:30:11 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
For the reg season the Sac trade is better and would lead to more wins however if the 76ers really have championship aspirations they really need a go to perimeter scorer so I voted for the CJ trade.

Who would you want in the 4th quarter of an important playoff game?

CJ McCollum
Shake Milton
Danny Green
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

or

Seth Curry
Buddy Hield
Ty Halliburton
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

I'd prefer the latter

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2021, 03:56:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

CJ McCollum
Shake Milton
Danny Green
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

or

Seth Curry
Buddy Hield
Ty Halliburton
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

I'd prefer the latter
I'd prefer Curry, McCollum, Green, Harris, Embiid.  Having Milton for Curry is just nonsense and you need Green's defense.

That said the Sixers aren't doing either of those trades. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2021, 04:22:55 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell

CJ McCollum
Shake Milton
Danny Green
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

or

Seth Curry
Buddy Hield
Ty Halliburton
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

I'd prefer the latter
I'd prefer Curry, McCollum, Green, Harris, Embiid.  Having Milton for Curry is just nonsense and you need Green's defense.

That said the Sixers aren't doing either of those trades.

OK, you can start two 6'2 guys with limited defensive skills and a 34 year old who really isn't a small forward for defense if you prefer. It still isn't a good way to go. You still get a better overall team with the Sac trade if you can get it done.

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2021, 08:13:41 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

CJ McCollum
Shake Milton
Danny Green
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

or

Seth Curry
Buddy Hield
Ty Halliburton
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

I'd prefer the latter

Both lineups are very flawed, last possession to win the game I’d rather have the ball in CJs hands then any other perimeter player listed. Thybulle would be a solid end of the game back court mate for him and they need a real 3-D player at the other wing   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2021, 09:07:17 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

CJ McCollum
Shake Milton
Danny Green
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

or

Seth Curry
Buddy Hield
Ty Halliburton
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

I'd prefer the latter

Both lineups are very flawed, last possession to win the game I’d rather have the ball in CJs hands then any other perimeter player listed. Thybulle would be a solid end of the game back court mate for him and they need a real 3-D player at the other wing

I think why the sac trade is a good idea is you figure out who fits better Buddy Or Haliburton and trade the other player for a piece that fits.

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2021, 09:47:56 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I voted for the CJ trade because there is zero percent chance of sac moving Haliburton or Davion.

Zero chance? I would trade Hield and Davion for Ben Simmons and I don't even like Simmoms. Sacramento never gets stars, and even for an asset collection it's a good deal.

One good year from Simmons and you can get the moon for him. Three time all star.

Yeah I've been down on Simmons since before he was drafted, but I think I'd move Hield and Davion for him too.  That said, if I were Philly I think I'd prefer McCollum to those two.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2021, 10:09:16 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I voted for the CJ trade because there is zero percent chance of sac moving Haliburton or Davion.

Zero chance? I would trade Hield and Davion for Ben Simmons and I don't even like Simmoms. Sacramento never gets stars, and even for an asset collection it's a good deal.

One good year from Simmons and you can get the moon for him. Three time all star.

Yeah I've been down on Simmons since before he was drafted, but I think I'd move Hield and Davion for him too.  That said, if I were Philly I think I'd prefer McCollum to those two.

Tp  blountman. Me too

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2021, 10:23:07 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Tp  blountman. Me too

TP for some good discussion in the dead zone of the NBA season.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2021, 10:35:50 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Hell yeah,  and puff puff give please 😆