Author Topic: Idea: Christian Wood for picks and TPE?  (Read 2524 times)

Idea: Christian Wood for picks and TPE?
« on: September 09, 2021, 03:35:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Can we get Christain Wood for Picks and TPE. Houston is in a complete rebuild and is in asset accumulation mode.

Re: Idea: Christian Wood for picks and TPE?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 03:45:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I've been seeing his name in rumors but it's the silly season with nothing happening.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 03:46:29 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I'd love this to happen! That said, if we absorb Wood's salary, the luxury tax will explode through the roof. Would Wyc be willing to pay the necessary tax? I'll believe it when I see it. As things stand right now, the C's are $6,833,027 over the tax line.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 03:50:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I'd love this to happen! That said, if we absorb Wood's salary, the luxury tax will explode through the roof. Would Wyc be willing to pay the necessary tax? I'll believe it when I see it. As things stand right now, the C's are $6,833,027 over the tax line.

It's time to pay the price to win!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 04:03:58 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

Easy thing to say cause it's not our money. In the meantime, the C's dumped Theis last season for practically nothing in order to stay below the tax line. We also let Fournier walk during the offseason and replaced him with a much cheaper player in JRich. If the past is any indication, then Wyc might not share your excitement about paying the tax. :P

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Wyc. I think he's cheap.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 04:10:55 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 04:11:14 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Can we get Christain Wood for Picks and TPE. Houston is in a complete rebuild and is in asset accumulation mode.

Who would Houston do this? Woods is on a team friendly deal and he’s what, 26/27 years old.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 04:24:31 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I think this is a pipe dream at best.  He is 25 (turns 26 in Sept) and has 2 years remaining on a very fair contract.  Last year he put up 21/10.  Even hits 3s.  He is everything a rebuilding team like Houston would want.  I don't see them trading him to us for pretty much anything.

Now 21/10 on Houston is kind of like dog years so on a real team, maybe he is 15/8 or something like that, and he has had a fair amount of injuries, but still too good and too young for Houston to have any reason to trade him.

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 04:27:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What assets do we have that would tempt them, our picks will be middling at best.  There is zero reason for them to do it.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 04:39:07 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
I think this is a pipe dream at best.
I actually think he may become available at the trade deadline. Chances are the Rockets will be a lotto team once again. It's possible they'll decide to trade him for future picks/prospects.

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 04:51:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I actually think he may become available at the trade deadline. Chances are the Rockets will be a lotto team once again. It's possible they'll decide to trade him for future picks/prospects.
why.  if they are a lotto team with him, why do they need to trade him?  And why do they need more late 1st round picks. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 05:10:59 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
why.  if they are a lotto team with him, why do they need to trade him?  And why do they need more late 1st round picks.
Cause that's what most lotto teams (should) do. Wood won't make them a contender. They may as well sell high on him and enter full rebuild mode.

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 05:34:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Easy thing to say cause it's not our money. In the meantime, the C's dumped Theis last season for practically nothing in order to stay below the tax line. We also let Fournier walk during the offseason and replaced him with a much cheaper player in JRich. If the past is any indication, then Wyc might not share your excitement about paying the tax. :P

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Wyc. I think he's cheap.

The money comes from the fans.

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2021, 08:44:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Cause that's what most lotto teams (should) do. Wood won't make them a contender. They may as well sell high on him and enter full rebuild mode.
But he isn't old.  He will still be around for years and is on a good contract.  It makes no sense for a lotto team, one that just got the 1st pick in the draft, to sell off a guy that isn't even in his prime yet for more future 1st's.  Selling off guys like Eric Gordon and John Wall make sense, not guys like Christian Wood.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip