Author Topic: Idea: Simmoms to Sactown  (Read 2093 times)

Idea: Simmoms to Sactown
« on: September 03, 2021, 01:35:15 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
To the Kings Ben Simmons

To the 76ers Hield, Haliburton,  Bagley

Simmons gets to be in California close to his Girlfriend.  Gets to be the star without the pressure just what he wants.

This is the only realistic trade that makes Philly better right now.  This trade makes Philly pretty dangerous in the East immediately.

Re: Idea: Simmoms to Sactown
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 02:52:34 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
To the Kings Ben Simmons

Simmons gets to be in California close to his Girlfriend.  Gets to be the star without the pressure just what he wants.

This is the only realistic trade that makes Philly better right now.  This trade makes Philly pretty dangerous in the East immediately.

Two problems or three problems with this. One is the reports are that kings will not trade Halliburton or fox for simmons. The second is that it seems like they are the one California team that simmons is not interested in going to. Also I’m a bit perplexed why you think this makes the 76ers better. Halliburton is a very good prospect but he is still very raw and they are trying to win now. Bagley is I guess backing up harris which he probably won’t like (harris at the three did not work very well previously). The only semi win now player would be hield and he is basically a duplicate of Seth curry. This would be good value for how bad a position simmons and his agent have put 76ers in, but don’t think it will happen. Really enjoying him act like a diva and destroy the team though.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 03:00:59 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Sorry wrong thread
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 11:32:28 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
To the Kings Ben Simmons

Two problems or three problems with this. One is the reports are that kings will not trade Halliburton or fox for simmons. The second is that it seems like they are the one California team that simmons is not interested in going to. Also I’m a bit perplexed why you think this makes the 76ers better. Halliburton is a very good prospect but he is still very raw and they are trying to win now. Bagley is I guess backing up harris which he probably won’t like (harris at the three did not work very well previously). The only semi win now player would be hield and he is basically a duplicate of Seth curry. This would be good value for how bad a position simmons and his agent have put 76ers in, but don’t think it will happen. Really enjoying him act like a diva and destroy the team though.

That's 43 ppg in 3 players, and 3 players not scared to shoot in the fourth quarter.  Big win. Also Haliburton is already known as a clutch player.

Hield is a knock down shooter, they really need shooting.  Win, win, win for Philly..horrible for the kings lol.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 11:37:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
To the Kings Ben Simmons

That's 43 ppg in 3 players, and 3 players not scared to shoot in the fourth quarter.  Big win. Also Haliburton is already known as a clutch player.

Hield is a knock down shooter, they really need shooting.  Win, win, win for Philly..horrible for the kings lol.
except they don't really need shooting.  In their starting lineup they have players that shot 45%, 40.5%, 39.4%, and 37.7% from 3 last year, so 1 uber elite, 2 elite/great, and 1 very good (and the 1 very good is Embiid so that is great for the center spot).  Simmons obviously doesn't shoot, but the rest of the team shoots at an elite level.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 01:20:47 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
To the Kings Ben Simmons

except they don't really need shooting.  In their starting lineup they have players that shot 45%, 40.5%, 39.4%, and 37.7% from 3 last year, so 1 uber elite, 2 elite/great, and 1 very good (and the 1 very good is Embiid so that is great for the center spot).  Simmons obviously doesn't shoot, but the rest of the team shoots at an elite level.

Does the trade make them better or worse right now?

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 01:33:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
To the Kings Ben Simmons

Does the trade make them better or worse right now?
Hard to say because it is a 3 for 1, Simmons by far the best player in the trade and they lose a ton defensively as Simmons is such a great and versatile defender.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 02:21:37 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think Fox for Simmons is a very reasonable trade straight up.  Simmons is obviously is the better talent, but Philly is being forced to trade Simmons for slightly less than what he's worth.  Both players would be reasonably solid fits on the other teams.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2021, 02:28:26 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I think Fox for Simmons is a very reasonable trade straight up.  Simmons is obviously is the better talent, but Philly is being forced to trade Simmons for slightly less than what he's worth.  Both players would be reasonably solid fits on the other teams.

I'm hearing Sacramento has zero interest in trading Fox. They don't want to trade Haliburton either, but I think they would budge for Simmons

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2021, 02:31:53 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

I'm hearing Sacramento has zero interest in trading Fox. They don't want to trade Haliburton either, but I think they would budge for Simmons

Yes I've read that too, but not wanting to trade Fox for Simmons just sounds like poor management.  Is that not a clear upgrade?  I think they're just playing hardball because they don't see many other good landing spots for Simmons.  I kinda hope Sac loses him because of it.

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2021, 02:52:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To the Kings Ben Simmons

Sac has stated Fox and Haliburton are off limits

I assume Ramsay and also Mitchell are unavailable too

To 76rs: Hield, Bagley, 2 1sts

To Kings: Simmons

Probably doenst get it done. But 76ers may be handcuffed since Simmons wants out

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2021, 03:09:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
To the Kings Ben Simmons

Probably doenst get it done. But 76ers may be handcuffed since Simmons wants out

I'm also not sure how many NBA teams Simmons fits on.

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2021, 05:22:10 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
To the Kings Ben Simmons

I agree, but there are probably enough teams which he'd be the best player on (and young and locked up under contract) that are worth disassembling to some degree or completely and trying to build around him instead of their current plan.

Houston, Washington?, Orlando, Toronto, Indiana?, Cleveland, Detroit, OKC, SAS all are candidates for that I think

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2021, 06:19:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
To the Kings Ben Simmons

I agree, but there are probably enough teams which he'd be the best player on (and young and locked up under contract) that are worth disassembling to some degree or completely and trying to build around him instead of their current plan.

Houston, Washington?, Orlando, Toronto, Indiana?, Cleveland, Detroit, OKC, SAS all are candidates for that I think

I agree. But some of those are limited by winnow assets or bad fitting assets. Detroit is one I hadn't thought of. They have some solid assets to send back for Simmons. You could send Simmons to The Pistons for Jerami Grant, Josh Jackson, and Hayes. Grant is a great fit for the Sixers.