Author Topic: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)  (Read 66807 times)

Re: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)
« Reply #240 on: September 21, 2021, 03:55:49 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
This guy’s value is tanked. Considering how he is also such a huge playoff liability, I don’t see any sort of contender/playoff team actually making an offer for him.

Sixers gonna end up with something like KLove and Sexton in the end.

« Reply #241 on: September 21, 2021, 04:25:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
This guy’s value is tanked. Considering how he is also such a huge playoff liability, I don’t see any sort of contender/playoff team actually making an offer for him.

I think Love and Sexton for Simmons seems fair maybe some picks?

« Reply #242 on: September 21, 2021, 04:32:37 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

I think Love and Sexton for Simmons seems fair maybe some picks?

I agree, that sounds like his current market value, but what could Cle do if he fails to report?

« Reply #243 on: September 21, 2021, 04:32:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Forever Simmons legacy:

His trade value fell by half after this play.

« Reply #244 on: September 21, 2021, 04:51:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Forever Simmons legacy:

His trade value fell by half after this play.
agreed.  that'll require years of incredibly clutch play to erase that from people's memories

« Reply #245 on: September 21, 2021, 04:53:40 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
NBA, is this your rookie of the year? Jayson Tatum straight got robbed.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #246 on: September 21, 2021, 04:55:22 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources: Philadelphia 76ers All-Star Ben Simmons will not report for opening of training camp next week and intends to never play another game for the franchise. Simmons hasn’t spoken to team since a late August meeting when he communicated this message to Sixers officials.

So where does he go? I think Portland makes a lot of sense for both sides.

For McCollum and maybe something small? Toothpaste can’t really be put back in the tube now. This has gotten uglier faster than even I projected.

I don't think he's even worth McCollum lol. Maybe two second round picks and a Jeff Green/Josh Richardson type player gets it done

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #247 on: September 21, 2021, 05:22:21 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Houston?....for John Wall?
need to add some salary.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #248 on: September 21, 2021, 05:34:53 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Klutch applying pressure through the media. Nothing has changed since late August and the Simmons “not reporting to training camp” has received another push by the national media.

The media and fans suffer from recency bias and NBA franchise executives will use it as leverage against the Sixers and any other team on the losing end, but it doesn’t mean that the Sixers are going to trade for whatever anyone else is offering. They know Simmons is 6’11, 240, is only 25, guards 1-5 at an elite level, elite vision and passing, and has won an award in every season, jumó shot or no jump shot.

The Sixers are probably touching and retouching base with any team that is interested in being involved in a Ben Simmons trade, whether it’s for Simmons or a piece they would acquire in the process. Like Danny when he gauged teams interest in Myles Turner in a discussed Hayward-Turner/McDermott trade. Jrue fetched 4 1sts (projected late round) plus a Bledsoe salary dump, unlike the Pelicans, Philly is going to flip most 1sts for another veteran and seeing what teams are willing to offer for 2-3 Timberwolves/Kings (or other team) in a potential deal.

« Reply #249 on: September 21, 2021, 05:42:58 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
need to add some salary.
Sixers would be stupid to trade for Wall.  Sixers just need to hold firm and test Simmons resolve to hold out while not getting paid. 

« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2021, 05:53:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Klutch applying pressure through the media. Nothing has changed since late August and the Simmons “not reporting to training camp” has received another push by the national media.

The media and fans suffer from recency bias and NBA franchise executives will use it as leverage against the Sixers and any other team on the losing end, but it doesn’t mean that the Sixers are going to trade for whatever anyone else is offering. They know Simmons is 6’11, 240, is only 25, guards 1-5 at an elite level, elite vision and passing, and has won an award in every season, jumó shot or no jump shot.

The Sixers are probably touching and retouching base with any team that is interested in being involved in a Ben Simmons trade, whether it’s for Simmons or a piece they would acquire in the process. Like Danny when he gauged teams interest in Myles Turner in a discussed Hayward-Turner/McDermott trade. Jrue fetched 4 1sts (projected late round) plus a Bledsoe salary dump, unlike the Pelicans, Philly is going to flip most 1sts for another veteran and seeing what teams are willing to offer for 2-3 Timberwolves/Kings (or other team) in a potential deal.
Gotta wonder if Simmons being named on All-Star and All-Defense teams are now a thing of the past. Those are definitely popularity contest driven teams for many players and I don't see Simmons now being all that popular with fans, coaches, front office people and the media. He may have seen his last All-Star and All-Defense team for a many, many years.

« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2021, 06:41:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
need to add some salary.
Sixers would be stupid to trade for Wall.  Sixers just need to hold firm and test Simmons resolve to hold out while not getting paid.
I agree, although Houston could throw in some very attractive picks. The only way it would make sense was if they had a belief they could flip the picks and wall for the big fish they want in 3 months.

« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2021, 06:43:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Gotta wonder if Simmons being named on All-Star and All-Defense teams are now a thing of the past. Those are definitely popularity contest driven teams for many players and I don't see Simmons now being all that popular with fans, coaches, front office people and the media. He may have seen his last All-Star and All-Defense team for a many, many years.

Simmons has definitely been a “last two in” all star the last few years. One of the years he really only made it with a late push. Kind of reminds me of when walker called himself a veteran all star many moons ago. He is a fringe all star very talented player with significant flaws at this point. Getting someone like lavine would be reasonable. He is not on the level of lillard or beal for playoff basketball.

« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2021, 06:45:11 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
need to add some salary.

Yeah, that strategy doesn’t seem to work in the NBA. Houston tried to hold firm last year and Harden just sabotaged the team in every way that he could think of until they traded him.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2021, 07:43:08 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
A Philly reporter put it out that “Simmons is open to going to the GSWs.” I laughed. Me too - I’ll go to the Warriors if they’ll have me.

Is he upping the ante - not just saying he’s done in Philly but trying to dictate where they send him?