Author Topic: I still have Romeo over Nesmith  (Read 29849 times)

Re: I still have Romeo over Nesmith
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2021, 01:34:26 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
CLNS gang say Nesmith should go to Maine for a couple of weeks to get his head straight and shot back.

I generally dont like to do that but he really is pressing. May not be a bad idea.

« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2021, 01:57:24 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If ime doesn't play the young players 10 or more rotation minutes per game better they are in G-league getting more competitive play and development time.

If I'm a GM I say use them or lose them

« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2021, 02:08:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Once Jaylen and Timelord are back, Nesmith, Fernando, Hauser and Thomas should all be in Maine getting 30 MPG. The Celtics should be able to have an 11 man rotation

Schroder/Pritchard
Smart/Richardson
Brown/Langford
Tatum/Grant
Horford/Timelord/Kanter

With Hernangomez and Parker as the deep bench.

« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2021, 02:31:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Nessie has become messie of late

Romeo pulls ahead

« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2021, 02:44:00 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Nick is right:  we need to wait for JB to get back, but once he is Nesmith should be force-fed minutes in Maine.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2021, 04:56:28 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Nick is right:  we need to wait for JB to get back, but once he is Nesmith should be force-fed minutes in Maine.
It's not a bad idea. It's crazy how bad his shot has been this season.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2021, 02:28:54 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I will call it now and predict that Nesmith will be completely exposed in Maine, if he indeed does go there.

« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2021, 04:21:09 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
The competition on the Red Claws is pretty good these days.  Nothing wrong with sending someone down for a few games if it becomes necessary.  I am not sure we are at that point with Nesmith though.  He still gets a fair amount of practice time with the team and our next game is Houston.  Should be an opportunity for the likes of Nesmith, Hernangomez, Parker, even Pritchard to get some run.

« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2021, 05:04:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Only thing is , guys score like 40 points a game up there ,   Remember James Young , tore  up D league , then couldn’t even  even hit a jumper wide open in garbage time at a Home game no less. .

Dude gotta step up his game or  start learning Chinese .

« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2021, 12:36:52 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I will call it now and predict that Nesmith will be completely exposed in Maine, if he indeed does go there.
Why? He'd be playing Summer League level opponents, competition against which he excelled recently
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #190 on: November 26, 2021, 05:33:01 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Why? He'd be playing Summer League level opponents, competition against which he excelled recently

Yes, although the schemes are more involved, and consistent with what the Celtics are doing. But I agree with you.

I’d bet against Nesmith going to Maine. There’s probably more to be gained for him with the Celtics, working with the coaching staff, practicing and doing film sessions with the team, and playing spot minutes.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2021, 10:46:33 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Yes, although the schemes are more involved, and consistent with what the Celtics are doing. But I agree with you.

I’d bet against Nesmith going to Maine. There’s probably more to be gained for him with the Celtics, working with the coaching staff, practicing and doing film sessions with the team, and playing spot minutes.
My assessment, as you can see from the date this thread started, was a little after summer league.  I thought nesmith looked bad.  He had one really good game where every shot went in, another decent game, and two bad games.  I did not agree with the general assessment and so far it’s panned out.

So if he looks like he did in summer league, then I call that being exposed.

« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2021, 01:42:25 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

I wouldn't say crazy; like Pritchard, he's been getting reduced minutes from last season, and more importantly from a player's point of view, they've been inconsistent. Compare to Romeo, who's gotten rotation minutes.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2021, 02:10:31 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Romeo has earned his minutes. He looks better every time out. His rebounding is excellent. I think Nesmith could use some Gleague time. Romeo drives have been better and better and he is hitting 45 percent on his threes. Hopefully he will get more opps. 
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2021, 02:12:28 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I wouldn't say crazy; like Pritchard, he's been getting reduced minutes from last season, and more importantly from a player's point of view, they've been inconsistent. Compare to Romeo, who's gotten rotation minutes.
which Romeo has earned by playing very good defense and hitting his open shots as well as showing the ability to drive and either finish in the lane (although this could improve) or pass to someone who's open. 

Romeo's looked good this year.  Nesmith and Pritchard need to do something to shake this sophomore slump because they look like crap this year.  similar to what happened with GWill so fingers crossed that worst case is they get it together for next year.