Author Topic: Rumor: Dillon Brooks available?  (Read 4613 times)

Rumor: Dillon Brooks available?
« on: August 22, 2021, 04:55:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Keep an eye on Detroit and Memphis. Both teams have too many guaranteed contracts. They need to fix that. Sources say Grizzlies small forwards Dillon Brooks and Kyle Anderson are available for the right price. The Pistons are expected to look at dumping either Jahlil Okafor or 2019 No. 15 pick Sekou Doumbouya

V ia Chris Fedor @ Cleveland Plain Dealer

The price should be very high on Brooks, as he is signed for two years at a very reasonable salary.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Rumor: Dillon Brooks available?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 05:55:44 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Keep an eye on Detroit and Memphis. Both teams have too many guaranteed contracts. They need to fix that. Sources say Grizzlies small forwards Dillon Brooks and Kyle Anderson are available for the right price. The Pistons are expected to look at dumping either Jahlil Okafor or 2019 No. 15 pick Sekou Doumbouya

V ia Chris Fedor @ Cleveland Plain Dealer

The price should be very high on Brooks, as he is signed for two years at a very reasonable salary.

Maybe Phoenix would want Brooks.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 06:02:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kuminga for Brooks?

I would be going hard for Slo-Mo here.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 07:50:16 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
The C's could go out and get either one, but their hands are kind of tied if they're committed to being ready if a star asks out (and I think they are). Not being willing to tie up your future firsts kind of limits you to bargain hunting.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 07:54:54 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Kyle Anderson has been my #1 target all offseason, so I’m glad to see any rumor that suggests he might be available.  He’s exactly what we need for 25 minutes a game at the 4.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 08:15:08 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
The C's could go out and get either one, but their hands are kind of tied if they're committed to being ready if a star asks out (and I think they are). Not being willing to tie up your future firsts kind of limits you to bargain hunting.

I’m a big Kyle Anderson stan, but a roleplayer on an expiring is in no way worth a 1st.

Getting Anderson now actually helps with a Beal acquisition, because he and Josh Richardson could add up to $21.5 million of the $27.5 million in outgoing salary needed to trade for him, without costing the Wizards any salary next year.  People like including Horford, but the Wizards would absolutely prefer expiring contracts and prospects, as opposed to the large sum Horford is owed next year.

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 08:28:26 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Kyle Anderson has been my #1 target all offseason, so I’m glad to see any rumor that suggests he might be available.  He’s exactly what we need for 25 minutes a game at the 4.

I agree while it’s hard to see it happening but moving Dunn and not picking up the option on Parker while acquiring Anderson really cleans up this roster.

Pg. smart, Schroeder, Pritchard
SG Brown, Richardson, Langford, Edwards
SF Tatum, Nesmith
PF Anderson, Grant
C R Williams, Horford, Kanter, Bruno
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 08:43:57 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 08:36:28 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
I’m a big Kyle Anderson stan, but a roleplayer on an expiring is in no way worth a 1st.

It's well and good to say that, but if he were available for seconds he'd already be gone.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 08:46:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Kuminga for Brooks?

Kuminga is going to be really good. GSW would regret that trade.

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 08:58:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kuminga for Brooks?

Kuminga is going to be really good. GSW would regret that trade.
I doubt they'd be too bothered if they won a ring. A four-man group of Curry-Brooks-Klay-Dray with Wiggins, Otto Porter Jr., Wiseman and Looney rounding out the rotation would be my favourite to come out of the West.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 09:20:15 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

It's well and good to say that, but if he were available for seconds he'd already be gone.

I guess it all depends on how committed Memphis is to moving him then, because no one’s paying a first.

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 09:32:17 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Our problem is how to trade with them while also alleviating their roster jam, and we can't do that sending players. So I would presume these would be our options:

1. Use our Fournier TPE, I feel that's more valuable going forward than Anderson particularly since it lasts until August next year. This also gives us the same dilemma Memphis currently has (which we actually have it already to a lesser extent).

2. Find a third team who can take some of our lesser salaries. This would be the preferred path I'd reckon in a 3-way deal, but I would think we're doing this anyways at this point to help with our roster jam, but if we find takers, then Anderson becomes a possibility... then it's a matter of what pick/s we'd be sending Memphis for him (and I don't think we want to use future 1st rounders in this).

I think those are the main scenarios if not mistaken. He's an expiring, and I'm not a fan of rentals. But I wouldn't be opposed to it overall...

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 10:15:20 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Is Dillon Brooks any good? His stats are unimpressive. Mediocre shooting percentages & scoring efficiency. Weak rebounding and assist number. Looks like your typical stat padder on a mediocre team.

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2021, 11:04:16 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Been a Brooks fan since his Oregon days.

That ‘16-17 Ducks team had the Killer Bs (Boucher, Benson, Brooks, Bigby-Wilson), Dorsey, and our very own Payton Pritchard.

One of my favorite college teams over the last 10 years. Won me a lot of money.

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2021, 11:28:07 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum

I guess it all depends on how committed Memphis is to moving him then, because no one’s paying a first.

That's the thing - the report wasn't that they were committed to moving on from him, it was that he was available for the right price. They can very easily hold onto him until the deadline and make a decision on whether he's got a future with the team then.