Author Topic: U.S.A. Olympic Basketball  (Read 97492 times)

Re: U.S.A. Olympic Basketball
« Reply #450 on: August 07, 2021, 10:32:33 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Tatum didn’t embrace a flag like everyone else

he did, he wrapped himself in it

Photo evidence: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSQsC-5M0Yx/?utm_medium=copy_link

Gotta love people trying to ruin a great moment by attempting to create controversy from nothing. It’s sad.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #451 on: August 07, 2021, 10:39:20 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
All-around success: Didn't get injured, built up more confidence, and played a legit role in getting the USA a gold.

Congrats JT

« Reply #452 on: August 07, 2021, 11:02:17 AM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
 Gold medal Jay!!

« Reply #453 on: August 07, 2021, 11:11:59 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #454 on: August 07, 2021, 11:51:27 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I’m proud of him.  He showed out in the gold medal game. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #455 on: August 07, 2021, 02:29:31 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I’m proud of him.  He showed out in the gold medal game.

Yup.  Obviously they needed everything Durant could offer, but without Tatum showing up last night I don’t know that they win.

It’s crazy how much of a different style of game they play under the international rules.  France was well built for it.
Yup

« Reply #456 on: August 07, 2021, 02:48:58 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Thrilled with Australia getting the bronze medal. Been waiting for a very long time to see them on the podium.

Too young to remember losing to the US for bronze in 1988.

1996 bronze playoff was tough but Lithuania with Arvydas Sabonis just had us at arm's length for most of the game. That was the start of the disappointments for me.

2000 just weren't good enough, comprehensively beaten by Lithuania that time.

2016 robbed on a foul call against Mills. Gut wrenching.

Throw in the last FIBA World Cup where we inexcusably failed to medal again and I think I'd seen just about every type of loss imaginable for this team when playing for a medal. Feels incredible to finally win one.

Even better that Simmons wasn't there, he doesn't deserve to be part of this. Not like these 2 blokes

« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 03:04:29 PM by Adelaide Celt »
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #457 on: August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282

I am happy for Jay he was the supersub, like a Durant bis. Jayson may use this experience to continue to grow as a leader and benefits of the Durant prophety on his future. USA won it in adversity and finally even with the early losses. It was not easy to overcome from uggly lises like AG Nigeria, not easy to béat some negativity or interrogations like their True level comparing to the historic domination of your "dream teams" ' not easy to béat your dark horse Who beat you twice and exposed your weakness in WC. To overcome some stars Who missed, your inside athletic and Suze disadvantage. But more than that to overcome the context with many players a little tired or even out of shape. It is my regret, maybe it was France Best chance.

I understand the low Fournier match. Against Jrue and cibled it was hard for him. Hé is no Durant if you focus on him with elite defense. I am more disapointed on the De Colo match Who didn t play with confidence, some coaching choices like going long with Heurtel Against Ntilikina intensity. I am sad we and esp Gobert missed FT. It killed us. I wanted it to be à little gloser in the Last minutes if we could pas just 1P up. But it was not for today.

In 2 years I dream about a revenge. We won t have probable De Colo or Batum. But Maledon, Hayes and hopefully Wembanyama to have an incredible 2men Giant inside. It Will be hard and we know it is possible now.

Happy also Yabu became a solid euroleague payer. Hé Will be good for Real Madrid

« Reply #458 on: August 07, 2021, 02:55:55 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

I am happy for Jay he was the supersub, like a Durant bis. Jayson may use this experience to continue to grow as a leader and benefits of the Durant prophety on his future. USA won it in adversity and finally even with the early losses. It was not easy to overcome from uggly lises like AG Nigeria, not easy to béat some negativity or interrogations like their True level comparing to the historic domination of your "dream teams" ' not easy to béat your dark horse Who beat you twice and exposed your weakness in WC. To overcome some stars Who missed, your inside athletic and Suze disadvantage. But more than that to overcome the context with many players a little tired or even out of shape. It is my regret, maybe it was France Best chance.

I understand the low Fournier match. Against Jrue and cibled it was hard for him. Hé is no Durant if you focus on him with elite defense. I am more disapointed on the De Colo match Who didn t play with confidence, some coaching choices like going long with Heurtel Against Ntilikina intensity. I am sad we and esp Gobert missed FT. It killed us. I wanted it to be à little gloser in the Last minutes if we could pas just 1P up. But it was not for today.

In 2 years I dream about a revenge. We won t have probable De Colo or Batum. But Maledon, Hayes and hopefully Wembanyama to have an incredible 2men Giant inside. It Will be hard and we know it is possible now.

Happy also Yabu became a solid euroleague payer. Hé Will be good for Real Madrid

Yabu never got a shot here in Boston. It's good to see him as a solid role player overseas.

« Reply #459 on: August 07, 2021, 03:22:42 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282

Yabu never got a shot here in Boston. It's good to see him as a solid role player overseas.

Yes, maybe he missed it mentaly, but I guess he lacked more about motor and NBA defensiv style. Hé Will have a solid career in euroleague. De Colo also is a brillant player, lacked some phisic but could have been avery good bench G offensively. He favorised maybe to be the best euro forward for years.

US are beatable. First time a All Euro team is for me clearly better than thé Best US team on FIBA rules. À team of Doncic/Fournier/Giannis/Jokic\Gobert with Dragic, Rubio, De Colo, Bogda's, Gallo, Nurkic, Wemba, would be crazy

« Reply #460 on: August 07, 2021, 04:11:48 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

« Reply #461 on: August 07, 2021, 07:36:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Thrilled with Australia getting the bronze medal. Been waiting for a very long time to see them on the podium.

Too young to remember losing to the US for bronze in 1988.

1996 bronze playoff was tough but Lithuania with Arvydas Sabonis just had us at arm's length for most of the game. That was the start of the disappointments for me.

2000 just weren't good enough, comprehensively beaten by Lithuania that time.

2016 robbed on a foul call against Mills. Gut wrenching.

Throw in the last FIBA World Cup where we inexcusably failed to medal again and I think I'd seen just about every type of loss imaginable for this team when playing for a medal. Feels incredible to finally win one.

Even better that Simmons wasn't there, he doesn't deserve to be part of this. Not like these 2 blokes

Great to see us win in spite of Simmons once again disappearing. Sucks that Baynes' injury is so severe, but it was a real passing of the torch to Landale
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #462 on: August 07, 2021, 07:36:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #464 on: August 07, 2021, 07:55:21 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
KD’s message to Ime.... He’s not lying.

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1424004174509920257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1424004174509920257%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fhoopshype.com%2Frumor%2F1548523%2F
Ime's response is hilarious

What do they say? Don’t have access to Twitter.

Kd was hugging Patty Mills and yelled at Ime that they were going to be an issue for Boston, and Ime said "we know how to lock his @$$ up" LOL