Author Topic: TB12 no longer ‘eating fresh’  (Read 4224 times)

TB12 no longer ‘eating fresh’
« on: July 02, 2021, 12:59:45 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Tom Brady's newest endorsement deal is pretty hypocritical and it’s one you may not expect. Earlier this week, Brady signed an endorsement deal with Subway.

Known for his restrictive ‘TB12’ diet and attention to eating healthy, Subway would probably not be his food of choice. Yet, he has already shot an ad for the company, which is expected to air in about a month. Nevertheless, it will not feature him holding an actual Subway sandwich, according to Terry Lefton of the Sports Business Journal.

It get even worse as Brady appeared on Dax Shephard’s podcast, The Armchair Expert last September, he indicated that he could no longer stomach Subway.

“Over time, what I’ve noticed is that my taste buds change,” Brady said. “I went from, I loved Subway and Burger King and all those types of things, to now, it’s like, the thought of that is like no way! No way!”

There’s more of Brady ripping into companies like Subway.

“The way I see it, food companies are more like chemical companies than anything else,” Brady wrote in his book, The TB12 Method. “But we keep eating what they sell us and then wondering why the rates of disease and obesity are so high. Our bodies become toxic when we ingest toxic chemicals.”

Perhaps money was a bigger deal in Brady leaving New England if he’s stooped to this level of hypocrisy.

One final interesting fact is that in Ireland they have a sugar tax and Subway ‘bread’ was included in that bracket as it had so much sugar it was no longer classified as regular bread but a pastry or cake.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 01:19:32 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: TB12 no longer ‘eating fresh’
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 05:59:00 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He’s also playing like he’s in his prime at age 43 and is in business with a sleazy fake doctor.  I’d be more concerned about PEDs than Subway.

Perhaps money was a bigger deal in Brady leaving New England if he’s stooped to this level of hypocrisy.

Money always matters, but if he thought he could win in New England I bet he would have stayed.  I think winning a Super Bowl validates his choice.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 08:25:51 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 06:35:26 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
His health secret is the pressed meat chicken sub ….chocked with growth hormones

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 08:23:24 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
He's a great football player, period.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 09:09:24 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
He’s also playing like he’s in his prime at age 43 and is in business with a sleazy fake doctor.  I’d be more concerned about PEDs than Subway.

Money always matters, but if he thought he could win in New England I bet he would have stayed.  I think winning a Super Bowl validates his choice.

PEDs? Wrong quarterback. 

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 09:18:51 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

PEDs? Wrong quarterback.

I believe Roy is correct. Which quarterback do you think is taking PED's?

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 09:20:35 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I usually go to Subway about once a week to get their meal deal (6” sub, drink, chips/cookies). They just ended that deal the day before I went this week. Between the deal ending and the Brady endorsement, Subway will not see me again.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 10:13:50 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

PEDs? Wrong quarterback.

According to Sports Illustrated, the news outlet Al Jazeera published a feature on sports doping in late 2015. The report revealed that a one-time employee of an Indianapolis anti-aging clinic known as the Guyer Institute, Charlie Sly, said he had given Manning human growth hormone (HGH) in 2011.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 11:42:25 AM »

Offline bricone29

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
These Upcoming Brady Subway commercials are going to make me miss Jared.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 11:50:34 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

Maybe Brady just wants to take everything from Bill lol

Gronk ✅ Brown ✅ Championship ✅ Subway ✅ Linda Holliday, Edelman, Bill’s Dog Nike 🔜
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 11:56:44 AM by Ed Monix »

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 02:00:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Agreed on all counts.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 03:41:40 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Subway sucks anyway...no flavor in the meat (cause of the way it's stored), you need to cover it with tons of condiments.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 04:19:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
These Upcoming Brady Subway commercials are going to make me miss Jared.

Wonder if ol Jared is in the slammer  :P

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 07:54:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

PEDs? Wrong quarterback.

All of them
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2021, 10:24:33 PM »

Online Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Brady's the best QB of all time. He took the Patriots to levels you couldn't have dreamed about if you followed the team back in the Sullivan era.  But you aren't more athletic in your 40's than you were in your 30's without artificial help.