Author Topic: Name your draft binky!  (Read 10409 times)

Re: Name your draft binky!
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2021, 10:13:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-xSq3cyQLo&list=PLygbdtr7cZBgKf7CpfWcqfrvyGdHwGkpR&index=42&t=548s

6'11  240  point forward?

Sandro Mamukelashvili

This guy reminds me of Ben Simmons with a shot but without the defense lol

The way he handles, moves, passes is very Simmons/Lebron lite...stylistically

Defense looks shaky. But I like the size.  Could be fine in a more zone D setup
He's definitely not a primary ball-handler. Good passer for his spot, sort of like Thad Young or Mason Plumlee, but he is not a point-forward

Since when can Plumlee go end to end or pass like this prospect??

I cant say I know this prospect well. D is concerning.  Has no position in that regard

But bringing the ball from his own end. And ability to make passes only guys his size (over top, wraparound)... is impressive.  The shooting stroke looks good too

Celts could use a big target like this guy imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CS0BdF_aXE

Here is just one example. Plumlee has become a really good passer over the last two years
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2021, 10:30:41 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
-S. Barnes (like the profile...never seen him play)--

-Davion Mitchell (actually very much needed by Celtics imo)

-Kai Jones, Garuba and Isiah Jackson all have good fantasy upside positional potential (reality?)
-Second round Sylla and Prakcin , same as above, nice fantasy at PF.
Of all the power forwards in this list, Garuba probably only one in binkie category.

-second round new binkie 6'5" PG David Johnson from Louisville.  I'm guessing he'll rise out of range from our second round pick (currently at 53 on tankathon.  6'5".  Just going by highlights....but I see a guy who is faster and more in control, at his size, than a late second round pick should be.  Non shooter to start.  He'll learn to shoot.  In other words, I don't care that he can't shoot, if the intangibles are there and we don't get a big PG with our early pick, then take him.

So the bink for this draft is Davion Mitchell.  And runner up is his back court mate Jared Butler, and then David Johnson in second round.

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2021, 10:13:16 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-xSq3cyQLo&list=PLygbdtr7cZBgKf7CpfWcqfrvyGdHwGkpR&index=42&t=548s

Sandro Mamukelashvili

He's definitely not a primary ball-handler. Good passer for his spot, sort of like Thad Young or Mason Plumlee, but he is not a point-forward

I cant say I know this prospect well. D is concerning.  Has no position in that regard

But bringing the ball from his own end. And ability to make passes only guys his size can (over top, wraparound)... is impressive.  Passing with weak hand. The shooting stroke (C&S) looks good too

Def has some shortcomings. Age, not nearly effective shooting outside of C&S, defense..

Kelly Olynyk-ish?  I like the size though.   Wouldnt mind taking with 2nd round pick

Sandro in the 2nd round or better yet as a UDFA 2-way would be a great project big. Look back he measured in 2016 6’9.5 with a 7.05”ws. Even if he hasn’t grown at around 245lbs he should have enough size to make it as a drop defender. On offense of his 3pt shot can translate to NBA range he could become really dangerous in an Al Horford like dribble hand off role. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2021, 10:29:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Sandro Mamukelashvili

But bringing the ball from his own end. And ability to make passes only guys his size can (over top, wraparound)... is impressive.  Passing with weak hand. The shooting stroke (C&S) looks good too

Def has some shortcomings. Age, not nearly effective shooting outside of C&S, defense..

Kelly Olynyk-ish?  I like the size though.   Wouldnt mind taking with 2nd round pick

Sandro in the 2nd round or better yet as a UDFA 2-way would be a great project big. Look back he measured in 2016 6’9.5 with a 7.05”ws. Even if he hasn’t grown at around 245lbs he should have enough size to make it as a drop defender. On offense of his 3pt shot can translate to NBA range he could become really dangerous in an Al Horford like dribble hand off role.

From interviews ..sounds like a mature prospect, team 1st guy

I dont know if he will still be available when 2nd round starts

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 10:45:38 AM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2021, 11:51:05 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Sandro Mamukelashvili

From interviews ..sounds like a mature prospect, team 1st guy

I dont know if he will still be available when 2nd round starts

Looks like a young Boris Diaw.

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2021, 12:06:32 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Davion Mitchell or bust. I can see him getting under Kyrie's skin and that's all I need to know.

Celts already have Yam on the way
lol it’s not a given Yam is even better than Pritchard.  We are in need of talent. Everywhere.

I have a good feeling about Yam

He is 6'3 and has good length.  Good shooter and ball distributor. Pain in the butt defender
I'm glad you like Yam. I hope he turns into a good player. A poor man's Tony Parker is still ok.
That said, I get to choose ANY "binky" I want, regardless of who is or is not on the team. Our depth is not such that the C's can overlook a very good prospect at any position.

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2021, 12:19:33 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I'll go with Jalen Johnson just because people seemingly have stopped talking about him and I still like him.

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2021, 12:21:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The safest guy to pick at this draft (and available at 16) has to be Kispert no?

He is basically a Joe Harris clone

both 6'7,  hard workers,  great natural shooters.  C&S , Shoot around screens,  handoffs....excels in all

Now the defense is sort of a question mark.  But from what I have seen, just like Harris is passable.   

Tatum and Brown ... and Kispert and say if Nesmith keeps getting better from the 3

Thats loaded with weapons on the floor.

WAtching how Nets and Clippers sufficated the interior  (game plan).  Having premium 3 point shooters could be big for the playoffs

The new coach hired, has to direct Jays to lean on the shooters.   I don't think Tatum did a great job finding Nesmith, Pritchard for example.  Tried to do it too much himself

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2021, 12:25:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'll go with Jalen Johnson just because people seemingly have stopped talking about him and I still like him.

I like him also.

But Wagner and Johnson .... the two players high on my list....are likely high on other teams list

I doubt that either get past the GSW or Spurs for example

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2021, 12:33:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I like him also.

But Wagner and Johnson .... the two players high on my list....are likely high on other teams list

Triboy, check out my binkie:

Roko Prkacin, 6–9, PF, Croatia, 18 years old
2020–21 International League Stats: 13.7 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 1.7 AST, 49.0 FG%, 38.6 3PT%, 65.4 FT%, 0.8 STL, 0.5 BLK
Summary:
Roko Prkacin is an efficient shooting stretch-four (49.0 FG%, 38.6 3PT%). His offensive game fits well for today’s NBA style of basketball. He’s very advanced skill-wise for a player of his young age and he has a high basketball I.Q.
One thing that does stand out on the game tape though, is that Prkacin isn’t the great athlete that most of the players that play his position will be in the NBA. However, his high basketball I.Q., long frame, and scoring ability make up for some of the weaknesses in his game.
2021 NBA Draft Projection:
Roko has a lot of upside and is far from a finished product. His already advanced skill set at his young age is very impressive. He should be a mid-late 1st round pick.

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2021, 12:39:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I like him also.

2020–21 International League Stats: 13.7 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 1.7 AST, 49.0 FG%, 38.6 3PT%, 65.4 FT%, 0.8 STL, 0.5 BLK
Summary:
Roko Prkacin is an efficient shooting stretch-four (49.0 FG%, 38.6 3PT%). His offensive game fits well for today’s NBA style of basketball. He’s very advanced skill-wise for a player of his young age and he has a high basketball I.Q.
One thing that does stand out on the game tape though, is that Prkacin isn’t the great athlete that most of the players that play his position will be in the NBA. However, his high basketball I.Q., long frame, and scoring ability make up for some of the weaknesses in his game.
Roko has a lot of upside and is far from a finished product. His already advanced skill set at his young age is very impressive. He should be a mid-late 1st round pick.

ok will do

any similarities to Alperen Sengun game? another 6'9 that fits some of the description above

I kind of worry about "not great athletes" on the D end ... But then when you think about guys like Ingels, Gallo.... these guys are still able to make impact

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2021, 12:42:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

I like him also.

Summary:

ok will do

any similarities to Alperen Sengun game? another 6'9 that fits some of the description above

I kind of worry about "not great athletes" on the D end ... But then when you think about guys like Ingels, Gallo.... these guys are still able to make impact

Sengun more back to the basket type. This kid is a real play-making forward with good height (6'9") and length (7') .  Check out video of him. Great motor, very intelligent decision maker on the court.   Not as strong as Garuba, but has much better feel for the game.  Very aggressive on the court. 

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2021, 12:48:47 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

I like him also.

Summary:

ok will do

Sengun more back to the basket type. This kid is a real play-making forward with good height (6'9") and length (7') .  Check out video of him. Great motor, very intelligent decision maker on the court.   Not as strong as Garuba, but has much better feel for the game.  Very aggressive on the court.

He reminds me of Theis, similar height, build and length, but better shooter, and much better ball handler/play maker.  Could definitely play both forward spots. 

https://youtu.be/AyWbUF5iOYw

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2021, 12:53:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I like him also.

Summary:

ok will do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyWbUF5iOYw

Just took a look

and is it me, or you want to draft Theis part 2??  ;D

His jump shot might be accurate but he it takes too long to get it off.... won't have that kind of time in the NBA unless wide open.

Passing highlights remind me of Grant Williams hockey passes from Tennessee.    Not bad.  Full court passing ability is a plus

I like the hustle, length and jumping ability.  Aggression to take it to the basket and find ways to finish around the rim

I would lean more on taking him with the 2nd round pick (if available) ... kind of reminds me of Paul Zipser also

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2021, 01:12:01 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 89
One draft mantra that I always hated was: draft wings and guards and trade for bigs.

I never understood that. The idea is that it takes time for a big to develop, so let another team develop them and then trade for a good one. Less risk. But how often does that happen? Teams hold on to good bigs, they don’t trade them unless there’s no way to keep them. Other than Davis and Porzingis, who both made it known they weren’t staying, who fits that bill? Porzingis doesn’t really fit that bill anymore. KG? That trade was over a dozen years ago.

I would rather go the Philly route and keep drafting athletic bigs until you find one. I wanted D-Jordan years ago. I wanted Bam a few years later. I was glad when Danny finally chose a guy like that in Rob-Lob.

Do more of that! None of those guys are KAT or Embiid, but guys like that can be found as mid-round or later picks. Keep going until you find one!

Need a point guard that passes? Sign a FA vet or pick one in the 2nd round!

Who’s this years Bam, or Rob without the injuries? That’s who I want.