Author Topic: Celtics (35-34) at Cavaliers (21-48) Game #70 5/12/21  (Read 33315 times)

Re: Celtics (35-34) at Cavaliers (21-48) Game #70 5/12/21
« Reply #345 on: May 13, 2021, 02:55:35 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Tell you what, I'm sure no tanking team wants to play us...they end up winning and ruining their lottery position  :angel:

I'm sure Minnesota aren't looking forward to having to play us and possibly win  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #346 on: May 13, 2021, 04:28:20 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Tell you what, I'm sure no tanking team wants to play us...they end up winning and ruining their lottery position  :angel:

I'm sure Minnesota aren't looking forward to having to play us and possibly win  :police:
Lottery busters lol

« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2021, 04:50:12 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282

I'm sure Minnesota aren't looking forward to having to play us and possibly win 

I'm sure Minnesota aren't looking forward to having to play us and possibly win 
It may means not many team are totally tanking. The GM brought tanking team in Orlando, OKC at deadline, but teams are still playing, at least a little to win. Philly was few years ago a real tanking team, but there is more team who still go youth and try to build something and it is positive for NBA (we speak many about NBA fluke so we can tell also what is better).

For this match, happy I didn't watch it and take some distance lately. Shame of performance, shame of coaching... But 90% of people including me, before this match, asked for a lost, so I guess we should be happy. Don't watch the matches before play in, just look results and stats and be happy if we still gain ome places for lottery or draft.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 02:25:07 PM by Rikibellevie »

« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2021, 08:41:23 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Important game but Kemba and Smart not playing??? And why isn’t Parker playing??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2021, 08:52:06 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Celtics have become masters of the unintentional tank.

« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2021, 09:03:04 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Celtics have become masters of the unintentional tank.

We’re getting that 15th pick!

« Reply #351 on: May 13, 2021, 09:12:09 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Another guard with the 15th pick!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #352 on: May 13, 2021, 09:44:12 AM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

Or 6' 5" power forward lol. 

I want to see the Cs lose the next two games and to start Tacko as the PG in the play in game.  We need an attractive draft choice to send out with Kemba in the offseason.

« Reply #353 on: May 13, 2021, 11:36:39 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

The funny thing is that the eternal optimists will never admit defeat, even if the sky and the roof and everything else is crashing down around them. The Celtics could lose out the season, including their play-in games, bringing all of the optimists' positivity about this season to a screeching halt, and the optimists would just ignore the fact that their predictions had failed, ignore the fact that the pessimists were right, and just say, "I'm sure they'll be much healthier and luckier next season"—even the Cs haven't had a really healthy season since the '07-'08 title campaign.

"Eternal optimists". Right.

Very black-and-white view of life.

I think some things in life are black and white, but I digress.

You may not believe it, but there are people on CelticsStrong and CelticsBlog whom I'd definitely describe as eternal optimists. Maybe even a couple who'd describe themselves that way.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #354 on: May 13, 2021, 11:37:24 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Or maybe another undersized and/or injury-prone "big."
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #355 on: May 13, 2021, 11:48:26 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

The funny thing is that the eternal optimists will never admit defeat, even if the sky and the roof and everything else is crashing down around them. The Celtics could lose out the season, including their play-in games, bringing all of the optimists' positivity about this season to a screeching halt, and the optimists would just ignore the fact that their predictions had failed, ignore the fact that the pessimists were right, and just say, "I'm sure they'll be much healthier and luckier next season"—even the Cs haven't had a really healthy season since the '07-'08 title campaign.

You may not believe it, but there are people on CelticsStrong and CelticsBlog whom I'd definitely describe as eternal optimists. Maybe even a couple who'd describe themselves that way.

Even if they are, who cares?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #356 on: May 13, 2021, 08:59:49 PM »

Kiorrik

It's more that you said I'm sure they'll be much healthier and luckier next season <- because I said that almost verbatim two posts before hahahaha

I fully subscribe to that line. But I don't identify as an eternal optimist.

For example; I think we suck right now. I just don't think trading any of our top 5/6 is an good solution.

I think Brad Stevens is doing some puzzling things. I'm not happy we don't see more of Pritchard. Or Nesmith.

But I also don't think we know everything Brad knows.

So yeah - I subscribe to what you defined as "eternal optimists", I just don't identify as one because there's plenty stuff I'm unhappy with and see need improvement :)

Dunno if that makes sense, but that's why I thought "the shoe fit", for me ;)