Author Topic: Yam! (Merged)  (Read 36157 times)

Re: Yam! (Merged)
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2021, 05:22:32 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Can we give Yam Waters' 2-way contract or will he replace Edwards?
Edwards is contracted for next year whereas Tremont is an RFA. Would assume he'd more likely replace Tremont given that, even though Tremont is better than Edwards
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2021, 05:36:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Edwards is contracted for next year whereas Tremont is an RFA. Would assume he'd more likely replace Tremont given that, even though Tremont is better than Edwards

I was wondering if Yam would accept that 2-way contract also.

« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2021, 06:11:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I like the Yammer, but he is not a sure thing so I do not want to become too excited over him just yet.

Let’s keep in mind that our old friend Mr. James Young led that league in scoring prior to the shutdown last year. This year, the leading scorer is Caleb Agada (who?)

Second in the league in scoring is the eminent Casey Prather, who was a bench player at Florida until his senior year.

Third place is Justin Tillman. He played college basketball for Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) before playing professionally in South Korea, the NBA G, League and Israel.

Yammer is looking up at them from the 11th scoring spot.

Yam is looking interesting, yes. But his league is not a top international league at all.

https://basket.co.il/stats-individual.asp?cYear=2021&sType=pts&local=0&StatsBoard=0&lang=en
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2021, 06:14:28 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I like the Yammer, but he is not a sure thing so I do not want to become too excited over him just yet.

Let’s keep in mind that our old friend Mr. James Young led that league in scoring prior to the shutdown last year. This year, the leading scorer is Caleb Agada (who?)

Second in the league in scoring is the eminent Casey Prather, who was a bench player at Florida until his senior year.

Third place is Justin Tillman. He played college basketball for Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) before playing professionally in South Korea, the NBA G, League and Israel.

Yam is looking interesting, yes. But his league is not a top international league at all.

https://basket.co.il/stats-individual.asp?cYear=2021&sType=pts&local=0&StatsBoard=0&lang=en

He's 20 and 11th in scoring in a solid league which is probably as good or better than college.

« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2021, 06:38:59 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yam is playing at a higher level in Israel than former 9th pick Deni Avdija was. Not saying Yam is a world-beater, but I think comparing him to guys of similar age is more useful when they're college-age players going against fully grown adults
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2021, 03:04:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Don't know if this was posted before, but it is youtube highlights compiled by Tomek Kordylewski for the entire season.

I did not realize before watching this how much Yam's game has grown as a distributor, passer.  Prior tape showed a lot of nice moves, but little in terms of play making.  I am starting to get very interested in what he could bring to the table for us.  He has great point guard size and length.

His stats for the season:  17.1 ppg, 40% from 3, 83% FT, 5.3 assists, 1.3 steals, 0.4 blocks, and 2.9 turnovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar9AiCMiK7s

« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2021, 03:19:53 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Don't know if this was posted before, but it is youtube highlights compiled by Tomek Kordylewski for the entire season.

I did not realize before watching this how much Yam's game has grown as a distributor, passer.  Prior tape showed a lot of nice moves, but little in terms of play making.  I am starting to get very interested in what he could bring to the table for us.  He has great point guard size and length.

His stats for the season:  17.1 ppg, 40% from 3, 83% FT, 5.3 assists, 1.3 steals, 0.4 blocks, and 2.9 turnovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar9AiCMiK7s
Looks like he plays bigger than he is.
Really assertive.
Maybe something there.

« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2021, 03:28:17 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
His progression is fantastic, I guess he could be picked in the 20's in this draft, no ? But maybe it could be better for him to learn one year in a top euroleague team in Spain, Russia, Greece or Turkey, before crossing the gap. The road from Hapoel Tel Aviv to Boston is long and he still has just one high level year in his legs. Especially if Pritchard is our first sub at Guard, it could be good to have an experimented 3rd option (even if Pritchard shows a lot of maturity is still looks inconstant and doubtfull in PO).

« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2021, 04:19:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
He's the kind of guard you need against the Tre Youngs of the world. His defense is really intriguing.

Maybe Danny's last gift!

« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2021, 04:29:43 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

I was wondering if Yam would accept that 2-way contract also.

I think it would be better to sign him to a 4-year deal if we save room for it with an exception like the MLE.  But I do think he would accept the 2-way if we buy him out of his Israeli deal for $700k as part of him signing.  2-ways grant a bump in service time , so he'd be eligible for around $1.6 million the year after his 2-way.

« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2021, 05:22:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Yam really improved this year:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/watch-best-stashed-2020-draft-162211277.html

Yam is looking a little Tre-like in some of these clips.

« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2021, 05:37:39 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
Great video.  He definitely has skills.  Interesting that he is never referred to as Yam or Madar, it's always YamMadar!  I would like to see him on the team next season.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2021, 07:20:30 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Great video.  He definitely has skills.  Interesting that he is never referred to as Yam or Madar, it's always YamMadar!  I would like to see him on the team next season.
i will forever refer to him as "the Yammer."  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2021, 08:51:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
he wants to be known as "Yamtheking".  8)

« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2021, 02:22:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
he wants to be known as "Yamtheking".  8)

I prefer The Yamster! The more I watch Tre Young and Yam the more similar their games look. Yam isn't nearly as polished or as good a shooter obviously but they play similar games.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 02:48:43 PM by liam »