Author Topic: Celtics (3-2) at Cavaliers (2-3) ECF Game #6 5/25/18  (Read 102485 times)

Re: Celtics (3-2) at Cavaliers (2-3) ECF Game #6 5/25/18
« Reply #1770 on: May 26, 2018, 12:32:41 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Thing is that if Love cannot go and they start green...do you still start Baynes?

maybe try a couple minutes if not working get him out ASAP? need his rebounding but he is not good at scoring. i miss having a big we can throw it to in post and watch him go to work.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1771 on: May 26, 2018, 12:34:46 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
whatever happens it has been  great year with you guys here as always. the grinders of the game threads. my favorite board here.

chief
liam
celticinorlando
bringtoughnessback
hwangjii
ogaju
sparzwizard

and many others i am sure i missed.

Back at you. Makes it easier to post when you don't get banned from the game threads :-[

i am right there with ya! i was banned once also! LOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1772 on: May 26, 2018, 12:39:13 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Wrong thread
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #1773 on: May 26, 2018, 12:41:37 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Game 7's in Boston are just a little more difficult than anywhere else. Hill, Clarkson, Green, Nance have never been in the environment they are going to see on Sunday.

Lol they look like they were familiar all over the place back on Paul Pierce Night. This Sunday has that feeling instilled.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1774 on: May 26, 2018, 12:43:49 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
whatever happens it has been  great year with you guys here as always. the grinders of the game threads. my favorite board here.

chief
liam
celticinorlando
bringtoughnessback
hwangjii
ogaju
sparzwizard

TP, appreciate the mention.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1775 on: May 26, 2018, 12:44:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
these three road loses were some of the worse coaching I have seen out of CBS

no real plan.  Just go out there guys and do your best

Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier were clearly ON, on the offensive end tonight.  So you need to draw up a game plan (after the half) to have these two launch shots after shot after shots.

But instead he gives the green light to Morris, Smart etc.   This is what not to do , in order to win close tough away games. 

In game 5, Baynes starting was perfect in order to make Lebron think twice before driving in the lane/alter his shots.  Also worked well in the 1st quarter of game 6

Then he sits him , brings in Morris, and things get real messy.  GO back to Baynes

The players need to follow detail?? CBS didn't follow his own advice

« Reply #1776 on: May 26, 2018, 12:49:04 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier were clearly ON, on the offensive end tonight.  So you need to draw up a game plan (after the half) to have these two launch shots after shot after shots.

But instead he gives the green light to Morris, Smart etc.   This is what not to do , in order to win close tough away games. 

In game 5, Baynes starting was perfect in order to make Lebron think twice before driving in the lane/alter his shots.  Also worked well in the 1st quarter of game 6

Then he sits him , brings in Morris, and things get real messy.  GO back to Baynes

Game was lost with the line up of Smart, Morris, Al, Tatum and Baynes. For about 5 possessions it was Smart and Morris bombing 3s early in the shot clock. Also Al and Tatum turned it over a bunch.

Lead went from 5 to down 11.

« Reply #1777 on: May 26, 2018, 12:54:21 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
No way in hell, Jeff Green has 2 big games in a row...He's the original Kelly Olynyk.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #1778 on: May 26, 2018, 12:55:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Game was lost with the line up of Smart, Morris, Al, Tatum and Baynes. For about 5 possessions it was Smart and Morris bombing 3s early in the shot clock. Also Al and Tatum turned it over a bunch.

Lead went from 5 to down 11.

Baynes was not the problem from this unit

turnovers, missed FTs, not closing in on Lebron quicker =T
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 01:17:31 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #1779 on: May 26, 2018, 01:17:20 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

chief
liam
celticinorlando
bringtoughnessback
hwangjii
ogaju
sparzwizard

Thanks BGL...enjoy you in the game threads too. By the way, how did you end up in the game 5 thread today...lol

« Reply #1780 on: May 26, 2018, 03:42:37 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I didnt understand CBS going away from Baynes at all

Yeah, Baynes was really helping with the rebounding early in the game, a big body that was effecting the game.
Brad tends to get enamoured with lineups, but if they're getting crushed he doesn't fix it until it's too late. Really frustrating
He is playing chess when others play chekers, he want a game 7 so the young guys can get as much experiences as possible and i am with him.

You need to be patient and see long term

« Reply #1781 on: May 26, 2018, 03:45:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yeah, Baynes was really helping with the rebounding early in the game, a big body that was effecting the game.
Brad tends to get enamoured with lineups, but if they're getting crushed he doesn't fix it until it's too late. Really frustrating
He is playing chess when others play chekers, he want a game 7 so the young guys can get as much experiences as possible and i am with him.

You are being a ridiculous apologist if you think Brad is risking our season to squeeze one more game of experience out of the Eastern Conference Finals. That would be the dumbest thing ever, considering he's going up against LeBron freakin James.

That is a hilarious suggestion. He made a mistake, don't try and twist this into some genius maneuver
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1782 on: May 26, 2018, 03:50:01 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

You are being a ridiculous apologist if you think Brad is risking our season to squeeze one more game of experience out of the Eastern Conference Finals. That would be the dumbest thing ever, considering he's going up against LeBron freakin James.

That is a hilarious suggestion. He made a mistake, don't try and twist this into some genius maneuver
You think you knows better than him is the more ridiculous opinion, he has no fear whatsoever against Lebron and he is in full control here.

« Reply #1783 on: May 26, 2018, 04:04:59 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
my takeaways were:

1. you just have to do a better job defending lebron. you can't let him play 1 on 1 pretty much against anyone, especially with love out.
2. horford has to be more aggressive. he cannot wait for the double team to start his move. 3-4 times he was left with george on him, just one dribble, turn and finish
3. morris was just terrible. all over the floor, a negative impact. other from playing occassionaly good defense on lebron, he was just terrible
4. attack the rim, push the ball

without love in the final game, cavs have an extra challenge on their hands, and we have to take adventage of that. we cannot let lebron get his 50 point triple double and say, hey he is an all time great. we have to focus on him, the way they have singled out horford. give him different looks, early double team, late double team, full court, early fouls, attack him etc.

i am fully confidente in our game 7 victory!
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #1784 on: May 26, 2018, 04:20:13 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
my takeaways were:

1. you just have to do a better job defending lebron. you can't let him play 1 on 1 pretty much against anyone, especially with love out.
2. horford has to be more aggressive. he cannot wait for the double team to start his move. 3-4 times he was left with george on him, just one dribble, turn and finish
3. morris was just terrible. all over the floor, a negative impact. other from playing occassionaly good defense on lebron, he was just terrible
4. attack the rim, push the ball

without love in the final game, cavs have an extra challenge on their hands, and we have to take adventage of that. we cannot let lebron get his 50 point triple double and say, hey he is an all time great. we have to focus on him, the way they have singled out horford. give him different looks, early double team, late double team, full court, early fouls, attack him etc.

i am fully confidente in our game 7 victory!
Agree with 3 and 4 but if you double on Lebron you'r going to lose game 7

You take your poison and let him beat you by his own and wear him down, and stop everybody else, we did a very good job tonight, he is going to be exhausted in game 7