Author Topic: Bradley Beal trade idea Yaay or Nay?  (Read 9487 times)

Bradley Beal trade idea Yaay or Nay?
« on: July 23, 2019, 02:35:30 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So the latest rumor is that the Celtics would trade Brown, Smart, Langford and multiple 1st round picks in exchange for Bradley Beal.

Would you do this trade if you were Danny Ainge?  What about if you were Washington?

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:03:28 PM by nickagneta »

Re: Bradley Beal rumored trade Yaay or Nay?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 02:54:40 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I keep Langford and multiple picks out of it. Brown, Smart + a 1st is something I could be talked into, but I'd like to keep both those guys for at least half a season to see how they roll with this group
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 03:17:46 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I love me some Bradley Beal, but there is no way anybody is worth that haul. No way. I would do a Brown and a couple of firsts to secure the deal but it seems like the trade will need some salary fillers you can find some salary dumps, but there is no way you give them Smart. No way.

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 04:08:23 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I'm not saying Ainge wouldn't do this, but this is just a blogger's proposal. It should not be labeled as a "rumor."

I would be concerned Beal would just be a repeat of Kyrie, not chemistry-wise but in terms of Beal leaving for nothing in a couple years. If they dealt for Beal they would still need to make more moves to become a contender - if that move doesn't happen, what's to stop Beal from joining some other superteam in a bigger market?

A couple years ago, targeting Davis was a realistic goal since we had the most assets and it was evident New Orleans was going nowhere. Now we don't necessarily have the most assets and Giannis is in a good situation in Milwaukee. I'm not as confident we can make a superstar deal after any theoretical Beal deal before his deal is up, as all the really good PF/C's are tied up.

Anyway, I understand you have to take risks sometimes but Jaylen Brown is more valuable than giving up damaged goods Thomas and a 9th overall pick (at the time, the Celts estimated BKN's pick would end up around 8th overall so they valued it correctly). We could always re-sign Brown and he'd still be a trade asset in the future.

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 04:55:46 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
In a vacuum Jaylen, Smart and a pick or two is pretty good, but the backcourt wouldn't fit at all (Kemba-Beal is arguably a worse fit than Westbrook-Harden).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 06:38:38 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I love me some Bradley Beal, but there is no way anybody is worth that haul. No way. I would do a Brown and a couple of firsts to secure the deal but it seems like the trade will need some salary fillers you can find some salary dumps, but there is no way you give them Smart. No way.
There are players, starting with Giannis, who are worth that much but Beal isn't one of them. 

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 07:01:09 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Lol the blogger has us trading Smart, Brown, Langford, the Memphis pick, Bucks pick, and 2 future firsts? Oh my.
#JKJB

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 07:17:12 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I love Bradley Beal, but when did he turn into Kevin Garnett? Lol at that deal.

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 07:45:55 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
This deal is fair if we use the Paul George and Davis trades as a base for comparison.. I doubt most people on here would like it..
It might be worth the risk if we can also bolster the front line somehow

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 07:47:58 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I would see no point in this trade from the Celtics perspective.  Brown + Smart + Picks?  Sure, Beal scored big last season, about 25 pts on a bad team but took 20 shots to do it.  Brown scored about 14 points with 10 shots.  I am a big nay for this.  I like our wings, including Brown and I don't think there is any chance this is being considered by the Celtics.

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 07:56:10 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Can I mention the elephant in the room, namely John Wall's contract?  This is the issue for the Wiz, not Bradley Beal.  I don't see why they would just trade away Beal, their best player.

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 07:56:24 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
So the latest rumor is that the Celtics would trade Brown, Smart, Langford and multiple 1st round picks in exchange for Bradley Beal.

Would you do this trade if you were Danny Ainge?  What about if you were Washington?

This is not a rumored trade.  This is a random trade idea by a Wizards fan.  Here’s where the original “rumor” comes from:

https://wizofawes.com/2019/07/20/three-potential-trades-involving-bradley-beal/2/

Now, due to salary matching rules, a Beal trade would probably look something like that if it didn’t involve Hayward, but this is not a rumor.  It’s a third-tier fan generated content website trade proposal, and was originally described as such.  I wouldn’t trust the website you linked from again — he clearly just repackages other articles with more clickbaity headlines to get hits and revenue.

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 08:03:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
nay.....Danny would not pay this ransom

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 08:08:07 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
We need front court players, I cannot see a deal like this happening just based on that alone.

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 08:29:50 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If the team still had Irving and Horford, I'd probably do that trade, but as presently constructed I don't see the point.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip