Author Topic: We've been down 0-2 before in 2017  (Read 1776 times)

We've been down 0-2 before in 2017
« on: September 18, 2020, 07:51:39 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
We need to keep our spirits up. We've been down 0-2 to a Jimmy Butler led team before. We forget first round of 2017 playoffs down 0-2 to Jimmy Butler and the Bulls. Sure we got some good luck since "playoff Rondo" got injured but nevertheless 0-2 isn't an impossible deficit.

I know many of you guys disagree but I still stay we need to reduce our 3pt attempts to about 15 per game. You guys realize Miami had 4 team fouls with 8 minutes left and instead of attacking the rim, team opted for 3. At one point in the 2nd half C's were 0-11. Just saying since we don't have a bonifide 3pt shooter ( Steph Curry & Klay Thompson are not Celtics) Maybe we need to play to our strengths and lay off the 3.

Lastly seeing that we've been getting killed on the boards... Will it kill us to give Tacko Fall 5 minutes? Just saying. If we're up by 15 again at some point, Just let Tacko Block a few shots or get a few boards. Just to see what happens. See if Bam can block his shot. I know he's Robotic , not saying he needs to start but FIVE Minutes? No?

Re: We've been down 0-2 before in 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 07:55:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
We need to keep our spirits up. We've been down 0-2 to a Jimmy Butler led team before. We forget first round of 2017 playoffs down 0-2 to Jimmy Butler and the Bulls. Sure we got some good luck since "playoff Rondo" got injured but nevertheless 0-2 isn't an impossible deficit.

I know many of you guys disagree but I still stay we need to reduce our 3pt attempts to about 15 per game. You guys realize Miami had 4 team fouls with 8 minutes left and instead of attacking the rim, team opted for 3. At one point in the 2nd half C's were 0-11. Just saying since we don't have a bonifide 3pt shooter ( Steph Curry & Klay Thompson are not Celtics) Maybe we need to play to our strengths and lay off the 3.

Lastly seeing that we've been getting killed on the boards... Will it kill us to give Tacko Fall 5 minutes? Just saying. If we're up by 15 again at some point, Just let Tacko Block a few shots or get a few boards. Just to see what happens. See if Bam can block his shot. I know he's Robotic , not saying he needs to start but FIVE Minutes? No?

Another problem with Brad Stevens. Miami was in the penalty for 8 minutes and his team did not take advantage of it.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 10:11:49 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Another problem with Brad Stevens. Miami was in the penalty for 8 minutes and his team did not take advantage of it.
Is that a problem with Stevens or the players?  Rhetorical question actually because we don’t have players that draw a lot of fouls.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 10:42:54 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
That was a completely different team with IT4, Al Horford, Avery Bradley, Jaylen Brown, and Jae Crowder.

And I think we actually had a decent bench that year, too. Gerald Green, Terry Rozier, Marcus Smart, Kelly Olynyk, Jonas Jerebko?

Plus...Rondo went down with an injury and didn't play after Game 2. That was the big factor.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 12:42:32 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I still genuinely believe this team can make the Finals.  Please join me, folks.   
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 12:57:26 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 06:03:33 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I still genuinely believe this team can make the Finals.  Please join me, folks.
You mean win the championship :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 08:28:49 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
You mean win the championship :laugh:

Let’s do this! One game at a time folks. In the last two Eastern Conference Finals, the team that was down 0-2 went on to win the series. Hoping the Cs can make that three years in a row!

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 09:11:46 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
if Hayward comes back and settles down the offense somewhat I think we can come back. I mean we've built huge leads in both these games. Its our youth and inexperience allowing us to lose them.

someone said to me "I dont think gordon hayward is the difference in this series" but I think people underestimate what even an 80% gordon hayward can bring. Prior to his injury brad had hayward handle the ball with Kemba playing off ball. The offense looks lost in the last few minutes and someone like Gordon can calm them down.

1. He knows how to attack the zone and is such a playmaker in getting the celtics into good shots/plays
2. It puts guys like Semi on the bench where they belong.
3. If he is even a 12ppg scorer(instead of his 17ppg) it gives the other team someone else they need to worry about.

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 09:29:04 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26

If Dragic or Robison suddenly gets injured and their coach hasn't won two champions, then I'd say we have a chance, otherwise it's pretty much impossible. The heat has lost one game so far in this entire playoff, you are asking them to lose 4 of the next 5.