Author Topic: Celtics vs Thunder 7/9 1:00 pm  (Read 95782 times)

Re: Celtics vs Thunder 7/9 1:00 pm
« Reply #405 on: July 09, 2012, 03:19:17 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Miami crying a river for passing on PJ. They had an eye on Melo all along. But our defensive minded GM crushed their soul.

« Reply #406 on: July 09, 2012, 03:21:46 PM »

Offline ondorondo

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 1
Sullinger is so good!  :)
@eneko_

« Reply #407 on: July 09, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Sully looked great, would like to see him starting instead of 3J. 3J looked completly lost, only save is his rebounds. Kris Joseph has proved me wrong and has a shot at making the roster. Christmas? This guy came out of no where, great shot and looked great on the boards especially for a guard.Etwann took way to many shots and doesnt look like he should run the point, he did get to the rim pretty well. Melo did exactly what I expected, stretches of great D and hustle, nothing to impressive, he is deffiantly a project. Sean Williams will not make this team, no more threads please.

« Reply #408 on: July 09, 2012, 03:24:59 PM »

Offline st.jimmy222

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Sully looked great, would like to see him starting instead of 3J. 3J looked completly lost, only save is his rebounds. Kris Joseph has proved me wrong and has a shot at making the roster. Christmas? This guy came out of no where, great shot and looked great on the boards especially for a guard.Etwann took way to many shots and doesnt look like he should run the point, he did get to the rim pretty well. Melo did exactly what I expected, stretches of great D and hustle, nothing to impressive, he is deffiantly a project. Sean Williams will not make this team, no more threads please.
yup, pretty much what happened. lets see what happens next game though

« Reply #409 on: July 09, 2012, 03:28:51 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
On another note, this Detroit/Utah game looks to be a good one. Drummond is only 18 and Kyle Singler looks like he dunks his head in a bucket of water every time out.

« Reply #410 on: July 09, 2012, 03:30:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
On another note, this Detroit/Utah game looks to be a good one. Drummond is only 18 and Kyle Singler looks like he dunks his head in a bucket of water every time out.
Enjoying the Drummond vs Kanter matchup.

Is that John Stockton's kid? For Utah, the #21? Is that what the commentators said?

« Reply #411 on: July 09, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I didn't check all 28 pages of this thread to see if anyone posted the box score... but here it is:  http://www.nba.com/summer-league/games/20120709/BOSOKC/gameinfo.html

Sullinger had solid numbers.  As did Perry Jones.  Melo didn't do much.

« Reply #412 on: July 09, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford

Is that John Stockton's kid? For Utah, the #21? Is that what the commentators said?

Wow, yep thats Michael Stockton. I didnt even put 2 and 2 together until they said "wow he shoots just like his daddy". Kim English is looking strong and im really glad to finally see Kevin Murphy since so many people have hyped him up.

Tong Gaffney sighting!

« Reply #413 on: July 09, 2012, 03:36:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
So Perry Jones scored 16 points but needed 17 shot attempts to get them and got only 1 FTA vs 17 FGAs ... that doesn't sound too impressive. No steals, no blocks, no assists but also no turnovers. And he did have 8 rebounds in 29 minutes which is very good.

« Reply #414 on: July 09, 2012, 03:37:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
So Perry Jones scored 16 points but needed 17 shot attempts to get them and got only 1 FTA vs 17 FGAs ... that doesn't sound too impressive. No steals, no blocks, no assists but also no turnovers. And he did have 8 rebounds in 29 minutes which is very good.
He was playing outside shooting jumpers, pretty much what he did at Baylor, why he slipped so far in the draft.

« Reply #415 on: July 09, 2012, 03:46:43 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

Wow, yep thats Michael Stockton. I didnt even put 2 and 2 together until they said "wow he shoots just like his daddy". Kim English is looking strong and im really glad to finally see Kevin Murphy since so many people have hyped him up.

Tong Gaffney sighting!

David Stockton is the one that plays for the Zags

Michael Stockton apparently played at Westminster, Westminster didn't reinstate its basketball program until 1999.  He played in Germany earlier this year and averaged 11/4/3. 

Seems like Michael got a nice little legacy-invite from the Jazz.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #416 on: July 09, 2012, 03:49:23 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

I'll bet Sully starts next game... honestly doc was probably on the sideline thinking "[dang], a rookie im actually gonna play..."

« Reply #417 on: July 09, 2012, 03:53:14 PM »

Offline Lioney

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
After 7/14 and 16 points PJ3 locked by the JaJuan. Melo, Sully and JJJ same time on the court and very good job on the PJ3 when he was playing SF . I like that. PJII scorless after that.

Moore, good combo guard IMO. First half, Celtics +10 lead, when he was on the game.

Melo and Joseph looks like promising role players. Maybe Melo much more(I like his high post shoot, but no low post-up play yet)

And Sully.

Mid range shot from the middle or near the baseline
Mid range shot after pink and pop on the high post,
Shot from behind the arc,
Low post shimmy shot
Low post Spin Layup
Dribble Pull-Up
Shoot in Traffic
Grabbed rebound and ran cost the cost and finished it
Getting on the line (and not missed)

Man, a lot of weapons...

Keep going!

« Reply #418 on: July 09, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Observations:
Melo-couldbe the next Marcus Camby. Great defensive footwork. Didnt really see too much from him on O.
Sullinger - Has a grown man game yet he's on 20 years old! Needs to tone up physically. Zach Randolph is who comes to mind. Has an inside and outside game.
Kris J. - Could really be OUR steal of the draft! Kid has skillz NOW! Love to see him get some burn this year at the backup 2 or 3.
Surprises:Keep an eye on X-Mas.

Good to see the kids today!

TP for the summary :)

I endorse this summary 100 percent

« Reply #419 on: July 09, 2012, 04:12:57 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Sully did nothing to dispel my believe that he's a basketball player.  In the post game gabfest with Kamla, he mentioned that he's hired a private chef. That's one thing that can help change a bad body player around real quick.  

Sullinger has the low base, hands, skill and game feel to be a good NBA player. For the Cs to be a true contender, he's going to have to be an impact rookie.  JJJ is nowhere near ready to play real NBA minutes.  

Melo looked good at times, but he's ray as sashimi. Huge body, athletic, gets off the floor and across the paint very well. One would think that Moore would have tried to set him up in the post ONCE.  

Joseph looks and played like an NBA player.  If I'm that kid, i start studying LeBron James tapes asap (and learn to play man to man D too). If he is going to carve a role on this team, he's going to have to be a defensive stopper,  something a rookie can very rarely do.