Author Topic: Man-genious fired  (Read 9663 times)

Man-genious fired
« on: December 29, 2008, 09:37:59 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

Blow hard, Eric Mangini was fired according to reports out of NYC.

I guess there is a silver lining to the Pats not making the playoffs.

Mangini has to be hating life.  The middle name of one of his kids is Bill, named after Belichick and another kid has Brett as a middle name after Farve.... so aside from being out of a job and disliked in New York, Mangini is reminded every moment he looks at his kids of his two biggest mistakes (ratting out Belichick and signing Farve).

With today's demise of Mangini and Romeo Crennel along with the debacle going on at Notre Dame and the success the Pats had this year without Brady, Coach Bellichick is proving to be the football genius he really is.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

Re: Man-genious fired
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:50:01 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Wow, that was quick.  I bet he is really wishing he hadn't burned that bridge.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 09:57:03 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

Blow hard, Eric Mangini was fired according to reports out of NYC.

I guess there is a silver lining to the Pats not making the playoffs.

Mangini has to be hating life.  The middle name of one of his kids is Bill, named after Belichick and another kid has Brett as a middle name after Farve.... so aside from being out of a job and disliked in New York, Mangini is reminded every moment he looks at his kids of his two biggest mistakes (ratting out Belichick and signing Farve).

With today's demise of Mangini and Romeo Crennel along with the debacle going on at Notre Dame and the success the Pats had this year without Brady, Coach Bellichick is proving to be the football genius he really is.

SShorefan 3.0 , well put! TP. The branches of his coaching tree have failed miserably. It really highlights how great of a coach BB really is...

It's also being reported that there is a good chance Bill Parcells will be leaving Miami after this season.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 09:58:29 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
good luck getting that cordinator job eric, I'm sure plenty of head coaches will take a serious look at you...except for the fact that your a backstabbing stoole pigeon.

I mean, whatever you think of the pats incident, It still blackballs him around the league. Once a rat, always a rat.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 09:59:34 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
"Reports say Mangini out as Jets' head coach"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3797442

"Tuna fishing? Parcells has opt-out clause"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3795922

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 10:05:53 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown

I do feel bad for Romeo, no offense to Coach Pees, but I'd love to see him back in New England.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 10:14:03 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I do feel bad for Romeo, no offense to Coach Pees, but I'd love to see him back in New England.

We could the whole coaching back together...Romeo, Mangina, and Weis (though ND will probably let him sink with the ship a little more)
Yup

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 10:16:41 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

We could the whole coaching back together...Romeo, Mangina, and Weis (though ND will probably let him sink with the ship a little more)

We could get the band back together elwood, the band!

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 10:19:02 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown

We could get the band back together elwood, the band!

Can you picture Bellichick and Pioli traveling around the country recruiting some of the old coaches -- it would be a very funny skit.

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 10:21:44 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I wonder if the failures of Mangini, Crennel and Weis will hurt McDaniels' chances at a head coaching job.

But seriously, how quickly did this Jets team crap the bed?  They were 8-3.  Some misinformed people were talking about them being the team to beat in the AFC.  I remember one person on talk radio guaranteeing they wouldn't lose another game after they beat the Titans.  Turns out, they came a JP LOSSman/Dick Jauron gift away from not WINNING another game the rest of the way.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 10:27:54 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
So Mangini was fired for failing to win with an interception-a-minute machine at quarterback?

Now if Mangini is the one who rode Pennington out of town, he deserves to be fired.

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 10:31:10 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
So Mangini was fired for failing to win with an interception-a-minute machine at quarterback?

Now if Mangini is the one who rode Pennington out of town, he deserves to be fired.

I believe that he had a huge role in the QB change in NY (as evident with him promising to name his kid after Farve if he came to NY).

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 11:11:57 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I think he probley took more of the blame for having a pretty porous defense when defense is supposed to be his specialty.

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 11:40:30 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Marinelli got fired too. Tough day for his daughter, your dad and your husband lose their jobs.

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 11:51:07 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
What?!!  They fired Marinelli for going 0-16?  There is no justice in the world!