Author Topic: Plaxico Burress shot...By himself.  (Read 9756 times)

Plaxico Burress shot...By himself.
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:13:38 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8866348

short story:
Carrying a loaded gun in a club, accidentally shot himself in the leg.

What a disaster he has been this year.  good thing they signed him to that extension in the off season.

Re: Plaxico Burress shot...By himself.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 01:20:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
And thus we see why the saying "shooting yourself in the foot" is apt.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 01:36:52 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
what a moron...

i'm a steelers fan (grew up in NE Ohio on the Penn/OH border, not far from Pittsburgh.  i can't stand the guy...all the talent in the world yet doesn't have his head screwed on right.

i'm glad he lived, but kinda find the comedic irony in this a bit humorous...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 01:46:14 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
maybe he was trying to nominate himself for a "Darwin Award"?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 01:54:22 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
at least he doesn't need to worry about his hamstring injury anymore.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 02:30:05 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
cheddar bob burress
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
cheddar bob burress

I made this joke to a friend today, TP for you. Now I want to see the Eli manning freestyle where he brings this up.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 02:48:47 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I actually came to make an angry thread about this before I saw someone already started one.

I will never, EVER again, pick Plaxico to be on a fantasy team of mine.  If he's not suspended by the team, hes suspended by the league, and just when you dont think it gets any worse, the moron shoots himself, HIMSELF, in the leg with his own gun.

I dont mind the gun, after what happened with Sean Taylor among other athletes, I dont see a problem with high profile athletes carrying guns, as long as their responsible with them (which isnt the case).  I wouldnt do it, personally I'd hire a bodyguard and spend a boat load of cash on security systems, but I wouldnt hold anyone responsible for feeling the need to protect themselves.

Every other player on my team is performing beautifully, but Plax has been the thorn in my teams side the whole season.  If I'm this irritated over a fantasy league, i cant imagine what the Giants are thinking, haha.
Greg

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 03:01:33 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
I actually came to make an angry thread about this before I saw someone already started one.

I will never, EVER again, pick Plaxico to be on a fantasy team of mine.  If he's not suspended by the team, hes suspended by the league, and just when you dont think it gets any worse, the moron shoots himself, HIMSELF, in the leg with his own gun.

I drafted him in one of my four leagues...oops.  I traded for him in another league around week 5 or 6 as a buy low candidate.  woops. 

major mistake.  major bust. 

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 05:09:48 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
What a moron. 

At least I hope so.  Would be even more upset if he turned out to be a liar about this. 

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 05:25:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
My grandpa did the same thing.

Well he was in France during world war II, but kinda the same thing.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 05:49:35 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i believe it was shannon sharpe who called him "plexi-glass" some time back...obviously he's not bulletproof.

i was only glad to hear that tony allen was no where to be found, as these two appear have the same brain type...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 06:36:56 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Burress could be in some serious trouble.  I hope for his sake the gun is licensed.

BURRESS COULD BE FACING 3.5 YEARS IN JAIL
Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2008, 5:55 p.m. EST

As it turns out, the accidental self-shooting of Giants receiver Plaxico Burress occurred in a Manhattan night club on Friday night.  Per ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap, the incident occurred at the Latin Quarter, a 15,000-square foot restaurant and club located in a Radisson Hotel.

ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio reports that the bullet went through skin and muscle tissue in the right thigh.  No arteries were struck, and no bones were broken.

The Giants have confirmed generally that Burress suffered a bullet wound to his right thigh.  However, the team’s statement did not address the cause of the shooting.

“We are aware of the fact that Plaxico was involved in an apparent accidental shooting last night.  We have been in contact with Plaxico since shortly after the incident,” the statement said.  “Obviously, our primary concern is for Plaxico’s health and well-being, and given the circumstances, we are relieved to say he was released from a New York City hospital at approximately 2 p.m. today.

Per the ESPN report, police said that Burress could face criminal charges if he was not licensed to carry a concealed weapon in New York.

And that’s where things get problematic for Burress.  (Apart from, you know, the bullet in the thigh.)

If, as we’ve heard it, the accidental bullet came from a gun that Burress was carrying and if Burress was not in legal possession of the loaded weapon at the time of the incident, he could be facing a mandatory minimum jail sentence of 3.5 years.

In 2006, New York beefed up its laws regarding illegal gun possession.  The following year, New York City officials embarked on a campaign aimed at communicating to all citizens the serious consequences of illegal gun possession.

“GUNS = PRISON” was the message.

“Last year, our Administration succeeded in pushing through a law that gives New York the toughest penalty in the country for carrying an illegal loaded handgun,” New York mayor Michael Bloomberg said in July 2007.  “Now, if you are convicted, you will serve a minimum of 3-1/2 years behind bars — no exceptions.”

Though it’s entirely possible that Burress dotted every “i” and crossed every “t” required to ensure that he would have the ability to legally take a loaded gun into a public club, he doesn’t have a reputation for following rules, either when imposed by society or by his employer.  The Giants and the NFL have fined him multiple times, and he has had problems with unpaid parking tickets and delinquent taxes in the past.

It’ll be very interesting to see how this one plays out.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/29/burress-could-be-facing-35-years-in-jail/

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 07:25:58 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
My grandpa did the same thing.

Well he was in France during world war II, but kinda the same thing.

I'm trying to decide if it's appropriate to laugh at this... Take no offense and I hope your grandfather was okay but that is CLASSIC! TP
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
WHY NOT LAST YEAR, HUH PLAX?  WHY NOT LAST YEAR?!?!