Author Topic: March Madness  (Read 2018 times)

March Madness
« on: March 20, 2019, 02:15:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Every year I think "I shouldn't bother to fill out a bracket," and then I do, because friends and/or family rope me in.

I just filled out my bracket this morning.

I have not watched a single minute of college basketball this season.

Okay, I watched a couple Zion highlight videos, if that counts.

Anyway, I went matchup-by-matchup and ended up with Michigan State beating out Tennessee in the Final.

That would kinda be cool / make sense because the final is in Minneapolis, apparently, so pretty close to a home court game for MSU.

What say you?  Do you think Zion will go all the way?  Will Ja Morant take his team far?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: March Madness
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 03:23:15 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I have Virginia going all the way. They have been dominant this year, and they have Deandre Hunter back and healthy (as opposed to last year.) Plus they have the unfinished business attitude about them from when they got upset last year by a 16 seed.

I also think Gonzaga is nasty. They are one of 2 teams to beat Duke while Zion was healthy. I have Virginia over Gonzaga 77-72.

Duke theoretically has the most talent, but their lack of 3pt shooting and predictable offense may allow another team who gets hot to take them out.
#JKJB