Author Topic: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread  (Read 717438 times)

Re: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread
« Reply #525 on: June 03, 2009, 09:34:05 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Check this out. I try to have a poker night once a month with about 7 or 8 friends. My win streak was at 9. 2 Friday's ago I taught my girlfriend how to play in the morning, that night we played and she joined in for the first time. Who are the last two? Yes, the two of us. The final hand, when the chips are split 52/48 in her favor I had pocket Kings - "all in", with no hesitation - "call". I smile gleefully, thinking that I've taken it down. She turns over pocket Aces. On the flop, Ace, King, Queen. On the turn, King. I now have four Kings, unbeatable, right? On the river, Ace. I kid you not. I could not believe it. Still can't.

CB poker game, my basement anytime!  How cool would that be...

(I enjoy playing tourney still Hold 'EM) - Maestro, I hate to be a topper, but I've seen four aces get beat by a Royal, no lie
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #526 on: June 03, 2009, 09:51:49 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
Check this out. I try to have a poker night once a month with about 7 or 8 friends. My win streak was at 9. 2 Friday's ago I taught my girlfriend how to play in the morning, that night we played and she joined in for the first time. Who are the last two? Yes, the two of us. The final hand, when the chips are split 52/48 in her favor I had pocket Kings - "all in", with no hesitation - "call". I smile gleefully, thinking that I've taken it down. She turns over pocket Aces. On the flop, Ace, King, Queen. On the turn, King. I now have four Kings, unbeatable, right? On the river, Ace. I kid you not. I could not believe it. Still can't.

(I enjoy playing tourney still Hold 'EM) - Maestro, I hate to be a topper, but I've seen four aces get beat by a Royal, no lie

I am dying to play some poker.  I love playing the mini tournament like that.  Knowing how to fold will usually get you into at least the top 50% in one of those.  Then it comes down to picking your spots, and hopefully not getting screwed by the bad beat.

A CB basement poker match would be the ultimate bragging right!
Yup

« Reply #527 on: June 03, 2009, 10:07:30 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
CB Summer Classic, I'm marking my calendar
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #528 on: June 04, 2009, 06:52:46 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

I am dying to play some poker.  I love playing the mini tournament like that.  Knowing how to fold will usually get you into at least the top 50% in one of those.  Then it comes down to picking your spots, and hopefully not getting screwed by the bad beat.

A CB basement poker match would be the ultimate bragging right!

Ah, I'd love to take everyone's money. That'd be a great giggle.

« Reply #529 on: June 04, 2009, 07:15:48 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I'd be in for taking all your money as well, just let me know when and where :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #530 on: June 04, 2009, 07:25:49 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
'Like my new avatar?

Apart from having to turn my head to see it, I love it.

ditto

I love it
beleive it or not
i have the very same pic with Alejandro in Sephia in my messenger
u can check at edgaralejandro@hotmail.com
I try to upload but i cant
i will try to do it from home , I swear I am not copying just a happy concidence

Saludos

Edgar

Life has its mysterious ways sometimes  :)
I added a lttle green to make it fit to CB.
I love Photobucket  ;D

« Reply #531 on: June 04, 2009, 10:14:59 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
maestro....so sorry to hear about ur ipod.  i have an ipod classic and am obsessed with it!!!  i couldnt imagine living without it, so i can feel ur pain.

« Reply #532 on: June 04, 2009, 11:05:18 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
maestro....so sorry to hear about ur ipod.  i have an ipod classic and am obsessed with it!!!  i couldnt imagine living without it, so i can feel ur pain.

Man, there up to a 120 gigs for $250 bucks now!

I'm running out of room on my 60 gig.
Yup

« Reply #533 on: June 05, 2009, 06:55:04 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

Thanks man. It's so annoying. I always use my iPod, when I'm sleeping alone, walking alone, travelling alone - or even when I'm with people who annoy me. Now, I have nothing and I've become used to reading with music playing so I can't even do that anymore.

« Reply #534 on: June 05, 2009, 08:40:48 AM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177

Man, there up to a 120 gigs for $250 bucks now!

I'm running out of room on my 60 gig.

CM, that bites -- I have lost 3 of them and had one crash.  I now have the 120 gig and I am using 80 gig of space on it.  It' nice, but I think the newer styles are better (but less memory).
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #535 on: June 05, 2009, 10:57:36 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
I repeat: Should I be ashamed to admit that I actually quite like Gossip Girl?

yes you should.

You should too, johnny.
Responses go in this thread!
 ;)

« Reply #536 on: June 05, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

yes you should.

You should too, johnny.
 ;)

True.

Here's the thing. I hate chick flicks. But I watched this with my girlfriend and was first drawn in by the beauty of some of the characters. Then, the characters of some of the guys were pretty cool. So now, when she watches it I say "oh, I'll watch that with you if you want" as if I'm doing her a favor. When, really, I've either already seen it or want to watch it.

Slap me, now.

« Reply #537 on: June 05, 2009, 12:30:15 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4595

yes you should.

You should too, johnny.
 ;)

True.

Here's the thing. I hate chick flicks. But I watched this with my girlfriend and was first drawn in by the beauty of some of the characters. Then, the characters of some of the guys were pretty cool. So now, when she watches it I say "oh, I'll watch that with you if you want" as if I'm doing her a favor. When, really, I've either already seen it or want to watch it.

Slap me, now.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #538 on: June 05, 2009, 01:04:11 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

yes you should.

You should too, johnny.
 ;)

True.

Slap me, now.

Ahem...Ronald doesn't know how to give a good clown slap...send punky my way

Yup

« Reply #539 on: June 05, 2009, 01:31:51 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Thanks man. It's so annoying. I always use my iPod, when I'm sleeping alone, walking alone, travelling alone - or even when I'm with people who annoy me. Now, I have nothing and I've become used to reading with music playing so I can't even do that anymore.

You mean, like a certain Laker fan?
 ;D